Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

Just now, justice98 said:

He hasnt denied being there.  He said he doesnt recall.  Not the same thing.  And none of the statements were under oath 

as far as I can recall it did not occur IS a denial of any thing to offer in support

the statements carry a penalty under the law if false

6 minutes ago, bcl05 said:

That is wrong.  It is not refuted, they say they don't remember.  This is not exculpatory evidence. 

We also know that there are other accusers who have not been heard in testimony yet.  I would be interested in hearing from them, and investigating their allegations.  The GOP's refusal to do so demonstrates that sexual assault is simply unimportant to them, and is not disqualifying.  I assume you share that opinion.  If so, I simply don't understand how you consider yourself a moral person. 

You also seem to ignore, or not care, that BK is a proven, demonstrable liar, including about many subjects unrelated to sexual assault.  Maybe that fits with what you want on the supreme court, but not for me.  

There is no evidence to support Dr.  Ford's allegation...PERIOD.

Sexual assault is horrific.  We are a nation of laws, however.  Can you imagine our country as one where allegations are accepted as a whole piece of cloth even in the absence of any a shred of evidence?  I cannot as that is the hallmark characteristic of despotic governments throughout history.  God forbid that the United States ever goes down that route.  

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It sucks that Mark Judge can't be subpoenaed.  From what I can tell he's the one guy that can shed better light on this thing, correct?

Even though he said he wouldn't show up of the subpoenaed him anyway.  

He could be subpoenaed or the FBI could interview him in private 

3 minutes ago, B&G said:

Sexual assault is horrific.  We are a nation of laws, however.  Can you imagine our country as one where allegations are accepted as a whole piece of cloth even in the absence of any a shred of evidence?  I cannot as that is the hallmark characteristic of despotic governments throughout history.  God forbid that the United States ever goes down that route.  

This current president was caught on tape bragging about sexually assaulting women and their were no consequences. Save your BS for another time. 

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, twa said:

as far as I can recall it did not occur IS a denial of any thing to offer in support

the statements carry a penalty under the law if false

A drunken teenager named Brett Kavanaugh sexually assaulted a 15 year old girl in the summer of 1982. 

6 minutes ago, B&G said:

Again, this is not true.  Using capital letters does not make something more true.  Her testimony is evidence.  The fact that she talked about it, repeatedly, to various people, over multiple years, is evidence.  The fact that he clearly lied under oath is evidence against him.  This may not be enough evidence to convict in a court of law (though it certainly could be), but that threshold does not exist for the supreme court.  

Also, you cannot believably claim that you consider sexual assault horrific, and then support a president who has bragged about doing it, has over a dozen credible accusers, supported a child molester for senate, and is completely uninterested in investigating multiple allegations against the chosen supreme court pick.  

Edited by bcl05
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, B&G said:

Which is why you have investigations when allegations are made. This seems lost on you 

6 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It sucks that Mark Judge can't be subpoenaed.  From what I can tell he's the one guy that can shed better light on this thing, correct?

Even though he said he wouldn't show up of the subpoenaed him anyway.  

I mean, he can be subpoenaed.  And if that happened and he didn't show up, he'd be in contempt of Congress and face serious repercussion (which is why R's won't just issue the subpoena and then say "well, we tried but he didn't show up.")

Ultimately, there is going to be a pretty thorough investigation of all of this.  It's just being outsourced to the press (who, obviously, don't have the investigative authority of law enforcement). 

It just pathetic and sad to see the weakass excuses being made for Kav. I have no doubt the same people will turn a blind eye when his daughters reveal that he got raging drunk and hate****ed them last night. The Revolticans need to be burned to the ground.

11 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

A drunken teenager named Brett Kavanaugh sexually assaulted a 15 year old girl in the summer of 1982.  The Republican congress is poised to vote him onto the Supreme Court.

Liberals are of one mind on this issue and that is deeply troubling.

I would really love to hear just one liberal tell me what evidence they have that Kavanaugh sexually assaulted Dr. Ford.  Not an emotionally charged diatribe but real evidence.

This is so messed up. TBH Mark Judge would result in a similar hearing. He would deny, deny, deny... the point would be collecting further evidence... to establish the timeline.

I am prepared to be disappointed again in November, but hope this episode resonates with voters that demonstrate the character of the GOP.

Politics needs an enema....

@PleaseBlitz is character/ behavior consistent with the allegations considered evidence in the absence of evidence in your experience? 

What I am asking is basically - Everyone at the party says they dont remember. Its possible they were drugged or so drunk they dont remember if the allegation is true. So we dont know what may have happened. But if we do know that the accused is a heavy drinker, sexually...uh....aggressive? and there are other allegations that are consistent with the trend....is any of that considered evidence? 

Just now, tshile said:

I believe that’s the case for senate one’s is it not?

its not.

You can't refuse any subpoena. Even if I sue you and summon you to court, you not showing up is contempt of court.

And thats not including if the Feds want to talk to you. You can refuse to talk to the FBI by avoiding areas they will be, but they will find you.

Only extremely privileged persons, like Judge, will say they are not cooperating with anyone.