Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

Still Googling for Lindsey Graham's outrage over the "unethical sham" of "holding this seat open" in the blocking of MerrickGarland's nomination to the Supreme Court.  Haven't found anything yet.  So until I do, you can shove your faux outrage right up your ass.

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

I don't know.

We have Dr. Ford saying it was Brett definitely.  We have Brett denying everything.

If we think Brett knows who did it then we have to say that Dr. Ford's testimony is mistaken BUT that Brett also lied.  That seems like a tough needle to thread given how explicit she was.

Really, the only possibility that would be reasonable there was that it was Mark Judge who did it, but both Brett and Mark were very close to her while it happened.  Like Judge is trying to pull clothes off at her legs while Brett is in her face, and she interpreted Brett as also doing the other things.

I don't think that's likely though.

What do we do when an allegation is made and then adamantly denied?  Do we use emotion to decide the issue? Or do we look at evidence?

Of course, we look at evidence.  And the evidence put forward by Dr. Ford was refuted by the witnesses themselves.

There is no getting past that even with Dr. Ford's compelling testimony.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Flake is forever done in politics. Definition of a coward.

Wanna bet?  Even though he's said he's not seeking re-election, he can change his mind.  He can get back in the game if he wants to.

That's a problem.  These guys are never done in politics.  They sit around forever.

Anyway, I don't think anyone's last name is more suitable for someone than his.

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, B&G said:

What do we do when an allegation is made and then adamantly denied?  Do we use emotion to decide the issue? Or do we look at evidence?

Of course, we look at evidence.  And the evidence put forward by Dr. Ford was refuted by the witnesses themselves.

That is wrong.  It is not refuted, they say they don't remember.  This is not exculpatory evidence. 

We also know that there are other accusers who have not been heard in testimony yet.  I would be interested in hearing from them, and investigating their allegations.  The GOP's refusal to do so demonstrates that sexual assault is simply unimportant to them, and is not disqualifying.  I assume you share that opinion.  If so, I simply don't understand how you consider yourself a moral person. 

You also seem to ignore, or not care, that BK is a proven, demonstrable liar, including about many subjects unrelated to sexual assault.  Maybe that fits with what you want on the supreme court, but not for me.  

Edited by bcl05
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bcl05 said:

That is wrong.  It is not refuted, they say they don't remember.  This is not exculpatory evidence.  

You seem to ignore, or not care, that BK is a proven, demonstrable liar, including about many subjects unrelated to sexual assault.  Maybe that fits with what you want on the supreme court, but not for me.  

he doesn't care. And unless he is a multimillionaire, they don't care about him either outside of his vote and ability to work.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Wanna bet?  Even though he's said he's not seeking re-election, he can change his mind.  He can get back in the game if he wants to.

That's a problem.  These guys are never done in politics.  They sit around forever.

Anyway, I don't think anyone's last name is more suitable for someone than his.

He’s done. People on the right hate him and people on the left hate him. He has no where to go 

12 minutes ago, justice98 said:

There is no reason on earth to not have Judge before the committee.  

there are two

He has officially denied being there

Everyone named as present has no recollection of him being there or of the event

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, B&G said:

A drunken teenager named Brett Kavanaugh sexually assaulted a 15 year old girl in the summer of 1982.  The Republican congress is poised to vote him onto the Supreme Court.

3 minutes ago, Hersh said:

He’s done. People on the right hate him and people on the left hate him. He has no where to go 

Trump people on the right hate him.  Rich people on the right don't.  The faction on the right that just want lower taxes and tolerate Trump will still employ him and, ultimately, those are the people that fund lobbyists and think tanks and PACs. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz

1 minute ago, Dan T. said:

A drunken teenager named Brett Kavanaugh sexually assaulted a 15 year old girl in the summer of 1982.  The Republican congress is poised to vote him onto the Supreme Court.

He doesn't care. Unless BK confessed yesterday, people like B&G think they have enough to move along with their head in the sand pretending everything is ok.The women are lying and were probably paid to do this. 

Though honestly, even if he had confessed, I doubt he'd have a problem him being on the Supreme Court given his opinions on the matter. 

4 minutes ago, twa said:

there are two

He has officially denied being there

Everyone named as present has no recollection of him being there or of the event

He hasnt denied being there.  He said he doesnt recall.  Not the same thing.  And none of the statements were under oath 

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Trump people on the right hate him.  Rich people on the right don't.  The faction on the right that just want lower taxes and tolerate Trump will still employ him and, ultimately, those are the people that fund lobbyists and think tanks and PACs. 

Yup, the DC Republican crowd does not give one **** about Trump and the bigots in the base who support him. They like their votes because it gets them tax cuts and that's about it.

Jeff Flake will enjoy a nice career working at Heritage or one of the hundreds of scummy lobbying groups around the city.

• Like 2