Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

1 minute ago, bearrock said:

No need to go back that far.  We could just ask Garland.  I wonder if they still teach "two wrongs don't make right" in preschool.

Garland is a person of color?

There were much more than two wrongs, then,now and to come

4 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Worst thing about that tweet is that it is neither satire nor exaggeration.

1 minute ago, twa said:

Garland is a person of color?

There were much more than two wrongs, then,now and to come

White isn't a color? Stop being racist.

Dang! When even the Catholic priests can't condone your sexual misbehavior and won't hide it away... you know you've gone way too far.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Zooming out to 3000 feet

kav is a compromised nominee to an institution for which integrity and public trust is incredibly important 

and we have a major political party that doesn’t care, and whose supporters don’t care

a responsible adult should be able to understand this. A patriot should care about this. 

Im not going to go off the rails as some have and declare the country “over” and make dumb comments about it being “a good run” 

but our country, our people, need an intervention about what is important and what is not. And how to prioritize what is important and what is not. 

The sad part is that I that I actually think this is possible, but I do not see a leader in place anywhere that can make it happen. I see a bunch of gutless, poor excuses for adults. 

And given how far we’ve drifted from responsible governing and, for us normal people, responsible citizenship, Is m struggling to see how such a leader could rise. They’d be tainted from the start with the political gamesmenship

it feels like a significant national tragedy might be the only thing that can make everyone check themselves. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

I mean....GOP thinking they wouldn't get caught? This is the shameless attempt at covering up Kavanaugh's lies.  This makes it worse because they are aware, and actively covering it up.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/27/politics/devils-triangle-edit/index.html

They changed the wikipedia entry of Devil's Triange from the sexual innuendo, to the drinking game BS answer. 

You believe 'a drinking game played by friends of Brett Kavanaugh' is a cover up attempt? 

The most difficult part of your post, Tshile (and very good post btw) is that our current national leaders are Trump, McConnell, and Paul Ryan. From where within that group is even the possibility of strong moral leadership. Ryan, as you implied, is gutless and bark and no bite (I'm sure he's disturbed by what he's hearing if that comforts), McConnell is the crassest, most end justifies the means, party only politician I have ever witnessed, and our President...

I would love to be surprised. I would love for there to be a pause for sanity. I have such a hard time imagining that any of them even of the moral strength to tap the brakes.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, grego said:

You believe 'a drinking game played by friends of Brett Kavanaugh' is a cover up attempt? 

The cover up is that they tried to edit a wikipedia page to match what Kvanaugh said in hopes that when people googled it, they'd find it and be satisfied that Kavanaugh was telling the truth.

vs. googling and finding the already existing information out there that describes it as a sex act.

And it's such a stupid lie.  Who cares if he partied, had threesome, drank beer, or was promiscuous?  But why on earth is he lying about it and insulting our intelligence 30 some years later?  That's just pride, stupidity, and arrogance rolled into one.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bearrock said:

And it's such a stupid lie.  Who cares if he partied, had threesome, drank beer, or was promiscuous?  But why on earth is he lying about it and insulting our intelligence 30 some years later?  That's just pride, stupidity, and arrogance rolled into one.  

He has to lie about his drinking habits, because if he admits to getting black out drunk, he's done.  Dr. Ford's allegation is that he attempted to rape her when he was drunk.  He is saying it didn't happen.  If it turns out that he sometimes blacks out, that means she remembers it and he doesn't, but that it did happen.  

This is so infuriating.  He is a liar.  We all know this with certainty.  Even if he truly believes that he is not a sexual predator, we know he is ready and willing to casually lie about the smallest, most insignificant things.  (the list is long, but includes "No president has ever consulted so widely", the Prior nomination process, the stolen emails, the high school/college drinking habits, the definition of "boof" or "devil's triangle", "ralphing", his extended virginity, not drinking on summer weekdays, the fact that he claims to have not watched Ford's testimony - WSJ (of all places) reported otherwise.)

There are no statements from Ford that are demonstrable lies.  There is "she said/he said," and we know that he is a liar.  We know he has all the incentive in the world to lie about this, and she consistently tried to keep this out of public domain.  She talked about him as her assaulter repeatedly over years, and tried to privately contact her representatives BEFORE he was nominated to steer the GOP into picking a different, equally qualified/conservative judge. 

To dismiss his consistent pattern of dishonesty and to dismiss her trauma is a loud and clear statement to all women that sexual assault is not enough to derail a privileged member of the boy's club.   What an insult.  What a shame.  

Edited by bcl05
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

He has to lie about his drinking habits, because if he admits to getting black out drunk, he's done.  Dr. Ford's allegation is that he attempted to rape her when he was drunk.  He is saying it didn't happen.  If it turns out that he sometimes blacks out, that means she remembers it and he doesn't, but that it did happen.  

But whether he was blackout drunk has nothing to do with the devil's triangle, boof, and the alumni crap.  Even if he admitted to the truth regardung the respective entries in the yearbook, it would have no probative value with respect to Dr. Ford's allegations.  But he would certainly seem more credible imo. 

Just now, bearrock said:

But whether he was blackout drunk has nothing to do with the devil's triangle, boof, and the alumni crap.  Even if he admitted to the truth regardung the respective entries in the yearbook, it would have no probative value with respect to Dr. Ford's allegations.  But he would certainly seem more credible imo. 

He has to lie about the sex stuff because he previously stated that he was a virgin.  So he's just trying to hold on to that probable earlier lie that is on record.

Boof is drinking-related.  As I posted earlier, the Venn diagram of people that have put a ****tail up their butt and people that get black out drunk is a little circle (boofers) entirely inside of a larger circle.  

27 minutes ago, tshile said:

Zooming out to 3000 feet

kav is a compromised nominee to an institution for which integrity and public trust is incredibly important 

and we have a major political party that doesn’t care, and whose supporters don’t care

a responsible adult should be able to understand this. A patriot should care about this. 

Im not going to go off the rails as some have and declare the country “over” and make dumb comments about it being “a good run” 

but our country, our people, need an intervention about what is important and what is not. And how to prioritize what is important and what is not. 

The sad part is that I that I actually think this is possible, but I do not see a leader in place anywhere that can make it happen. I see a bunch of gutless, poor excuses for adults. 

And given how far we’ve drifted from responsible governing and, for us normal people, responsible citizenship, Is m struggling to see how such a leader could rise. They’d be tainted from the start with the political gamesmenship

it feels like a significant national tragedy might be the only thing that can make everyone check themselves. 

I think we're past that.  If a national tragedy happens it'll be .5 seconds before people start making political angles and blaming others for what happened.  

Someone on CNN made a good point yesterday along the lines of how they fear that this will make good people afraid to run for public office and I agree.  Not sure the juice is worth the squeeze.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1