Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: NY AG sues Trump family over “persistent illegal conduct” at Trump Foundation

No Excuses

I'm pretty surprised that Weisselberg isn't cooperating. He could be looking at many years of prison time.

He's either ludicrously loyal to the Trumps, or the Trumps have some serious dirt on him that they could unleash. I'm guessing the latter.

Jail time for every one of his enablers would be a good consolation prize, too. 

But probably not practical, either. I mean, right wing media has constitutional protections, for example. 

Edited by Larry

This is disconcerting. Hopeful like all trump connected things it's BS.

Betsy Woodruff Swan
Mon, June 28, 2021, 10:45 AM

Manhattan District Attorney Cy Vance has indicated he does not currently plan to charge the Trump Organization with crimes related to allegations of "hush money" payments and real estate value manipulations, according to a personal lawyer for Donald Trump.

Ronald Fischetti, a New York attorney who represents the former president, said on Monday that in a meeting last week, he asked Vance’s team for details on charges they were considering.

According to Fischetti, members of Vance’s team said they were considering bringing charges against the Trump Organization and its individual employees related to alleged failures to pay taxes on corporate benefits and perks. It has been widely reported that those perks included cars and apartments and appear to only involve a small number of executives.

“We asked, ‘Is there anything else?’” Fischetti told POLITICO. “They said, ‘No.’”

More here

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-lawyer-manhattan-da-wont-144517198.html

• Sad 3

43 minutes ago, Skintime said:

Betsy Woodruff Swan

Manhattan District Attorney Cy Vance has indicated he does not currently plan to charge the Trump Organization with crimes related to allegations of "hush money" payments and real estate value manipulations, according to a personal lawyer for Donald Trump.

Ronald Fischetti, a New York attorney who represents the former president, said on Monday that in a meeting last week, he asked Vance’s team for details on charges they were considering.

According to Fischetti, members of Vance’s team said they were considering bringing charges against the Trump Organization and its individual employees related to alleged failures to pay taxes on corporate benefits and perks. It has been widely reported that those perks included cars and apartments and appear to only involve a small number of executives.

“We asked, ‘Is there anything else?’” Fischetti told POLITICO. “They said, ‘No.’”

More here

Or everything is going to come directly from James’ office.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skintime said:

Betsy Woodruff Swan

More here

Unless Vance and his office can flip some employees. Or not yet. I'd lie about other charges that may be forthcoming.

• Like 1

Trump Org lawyers make last pitch against prosecution

Lawyers for the Trump Organization met again Monday with prosecutors in the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office in a last bid to forestall a potential indictment stemming from a long-running investigation into the former president’s company.

Trump Organization lawyer Ron Fischetti told The Associated Press the meeting came as a grand jury nears a vote on an indictment this week following a more than two-year investigation into Trump’s business affairs.

He said prosecutors have told him Trump himself will not be charged at this time — “at least not with what’s coming down this week” — but added the investigation is continuing.

“There is no indictment coming down this week against the former president,” Fischetti said in a telephone interview Monday. “I can’t say he’s out of the woods yet completely.”

The Manhattan district attorney’s office declined to comment.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thanks 1

I'm actually amazed at the non-insane candor that Trump's lawyer displayed there. He just gave information. I'm used to anyone associated with or working for Trump screaming "THIS IS A WITCH HUNT! THIS IS THE DEMOCRATS! THIS IS THE DEEP STATE!"

Edited by mistertim

3 hours ago, mistertim said:

I'm actually amazed at the non-insane candor that Trump's lawyer displayed there. He just gave information. I'm used to anyone associated with or working for Trump screaming "THIS IS A WITCH HUNT! THIS IS THE DEMOCRATS! THIS IS THE DEEP STATE!"

Well, the lawyer didn't really need to.  Trump did that himself.  From the article:

The former Republican president, however, issued a blistering statement in which he derided District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr.’s office as “rude, nasty, and totally biased in the way they are treating lawyers, representatives, and some of the wonderful long-term employees and people within the Trump Organization.”

“After hundreds of subpoenas, over 3 million pages of documents, 4 years of searching, dozens and dozens of interviews, and millions of dollars of taxpayer funds wasted, they continue to be ‘in search of a crime,’” Trump alleged, calling the investigation a “continuation of the greatest Witch Hunt of all time.”

• Haha 2

Maybe he'll go bankrupt again:

An Indictment Will Be ‘Death Blow’ For Trump Hotels, Resorts And Golf Clubs, Say Former Federal Prosecutors

With Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance expected to indict the Trump Organization for financial malfeasance, possibly as soon as this week, former federal prosecutors have taken to the cable airwaves and social media to predict the downfall of the former president’s family business. Yesterday was the deadline for Trump’s lawyers to present evidence that could help his organization avoid criminal charges.

“I can’t underscore enough how devastating an indictment would be to the Trump Org,” tweeted Daniel Goldman, a former assistant U.S. attorney in the Southern District of New York who prosecuted mafia families and insider traders. “Every lender would call their loans and no way Trump Org can pay them all, likely leading to bankruptcy.”

“That would be almost a death blow to the Trump Organization,” Mr. Goldman told MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace. “No bank will ever do business with an indicted company.”

A spokesperson for the Trump Organization did not respond to a request for comment.

Click on the link for more

I thought most banks already shy away from doing business with Trump.  I am not sure how banks not lending him money really changes his business practices.  I thought there was only one with whom he was still doing business (not a U.S. bank to boot).

I mean he has 5-7 bankruptcies (can't remember).  Would you lend money to him now, whether his business is charged or not?

6 minutes ago, gbear said:

I thought most banks already shy away from doing business with Trump.  I am not sure how banks not lending him money really changes his business practices.  I thought there was only one with whom he was still doing business (not a U.S. bank to boot).

I mean he has 5-7 bankruptcies (can't remember).  Would you lend money to him now, whether his business is charged or not?

It’s Deutsche Bank, and according to this, they no longer will work with him.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/01/12/investing/deutsche-bank-trump/index.html