Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: NY AG sues Trump family over “persistent illegal conduct” at Trump Foundation

No Excuses

Trump Organization CFO Allen Weisselberg has been terminated as the director of one of Trump's golf courses in Scotland

Allen Weisselberg, the Trump Organization's chief financial officer, was terminated as the director and controller of one of former President Donald Trump's golf courses in Scotland a week after the executive and the company were charged with tax crimes.

A notice filed on Thursday with Companies House, the UK registry of private companies, showed that Weisselberg had been terminated as a director of Trump International Golf Club Scotland, a holding company that owns Trump's Aberdeenshire golf resort, Trump International Golf Links.

He was also terminated as a "person with significant control," a designation for an individual with influence over how a company is run, another notice said.

Trump's sons Eric and Donald Trump Jr. remain directors of the company, and Trump Jr. is now the sole person with significant control. Donald Trump resigned as a director in January 2017, when he became president, Companies House records showed.

Click on the link for the full article

Trump Organization Indictment May Spell Trouble for Trump Spawn

The indictment filed last week against the Trump Organization and its long-time chief financial officer Allen Weisselberg isn’t heavy on names, but there’s one major exception: a list of seven Trump Organization companies—including one where Ivanka Trump held an executive role for eight years.

While it’s impossible to know what charges are still to come, legal experts say the indictment for Weisselberg last week suggests bigger targets are in line, potentially including the former president’s adult children.

“Since this indictment is in a New York state court, prosecutors are allowed to name these companies, whereas in federal court they could not,” Melissa Jampol, a former assistant U.S. attorney who now practices business law at Epstein Becker Green, told The Daily Beast. “Based on my experience, everything’s in there for a reason.”

Prosecutors say the seven companies, along with unnamed Trump entities, exhibited a pattern of paying “a substantial portion” of year-end bonuses to Weisselberg and “other executives” as if they weren’t employees, but independent contractors. Prosecutors also claim the companies and executives knew the practice was wrong, and the amounts appear to be substantial. For instance, Weisselberg allegedly broke the law by putting hundreds of thousands of dollars in bonus money in a tax-free pension plan.

But experts say the arrangement also implicates the companies—and possibly the executives who ran them.

That could spell major trouble for Trump’s children, as well as Trump himself, who has already adopted a legal strategy of ignorance of the tax laws.

Looks like they're paving the way for the "He acted alone.  We had no idea what he was doing." defense.

Trump Organization removes indicted top finance officer Allen Weisselberg from leadership roles at dozens of subsidiaries

The Trump Organization has removed indicted chief financial officer Allen Weisselberg from his leadership roles at more than 40 subsidiary companies, according to corporate filings in the United States and Scotland.

The changes were made Thursday and Friday, a week after a grand jury in Manhattan indicted Weisselberg on 15 felony counts, including grand larceny and tax fraud. Weisselberg was accused by New York prosecutors of helping run a 15-year scheme to evade income taxes by concealing executives’ salaries — including more than $1.7 million of his own income — from tax authorities. Two Trump corporate entities were indicted alongside Weisselberg.

1 hour ago, China said:

Looks like they're paving the way for the "He acted alone.  We had no idea what he was doing." defense.

Trump Organization removes indicted top finance officer Allen Weisselberg from leadership roles at dozens of subsidiaries

The Trump Organization has removed indicted chief financial officer Allen Weisselberg from his leadership roles at more than 40 subsidiary companies, according to corporate filings in the United States and Scotland.

The changes were made Thursday and Friday, a week after a grand jury in Manhattan indicted Weisselberg on 15 felony counts, including grand larceny and tax fraud. Weisselberg was accused by New York prosecutors of helping run a 15-year scheme to evade income taxes by concealing executives’ salaries — including more than $1.7 million of his own income — from tax authorities. Two Trump corporate entities were indicted alongside Weisselberg.

Reminds me of every time a person in Trump's close orbit got in trouble, Trump suddenly said he never knew them and they were just a coffee boy or something. 

It's a standard business practice, that I've seen in numerous businesses. I think of it as profiting from crime, without risk. 

An example I'll point to is the home health care job I've been working. The patient is funded to have a certain staff provided, 27x7. 

Well, every single one of the (type of employee) has been sleeping on the job (because they're working two jobs, every single day). And leaving two hours early. And showing up an hour late. And sometimes just taking the day off. 

And filling out paperwork claiming that they're working the entire shift. 

Legally, this is Medicaid fraud. They're billing the state for services that weren't delivered. 

well, the agency (the company the people work for) knows they're doing it. (I've told them). 

But, the company is profiting from the deal. Every hour the employee bills for, without working, the company gets a profit on, too. 

If it ever gets caught, the company will pretend to be shocked. Point at the employee manual that clearly states that employees shouldn't falsify their time sheet, and pocket all the money they made. 

The employee takes all of the risk of punishment. The company takes a slice of the profits of the crime. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Larry said:

It's a standard business practice, that I've seen in numerous businesses. I think of it as profiting from crime, without risk. 

An example I'll point to is the home health care job I've been working. The patient is funded to have a certain staff provided, 27x7. 

Well, every single one of the (type of employee) has been sleeping on the job (because they're working two jobs, every single day). And leaving two hours early. And showing up an hour late. And sometimes just taking the day off. 

And filling out paperwork claiming that they're working the entire shift. 

Legally, this is Medicaid fraud. They're billing the state for services that weren't delivered. 

well, the agency (the company the people work for) knows they're doing it. (I've told them). 

But, the company is profiting from the deal. Every hour the employee bills for, without working, the company gets a profit on, too. 

If it ever gets caught, the company will pretend to be shocked. Point at the employee manual that clearly states that employees shouldn't falsify their time sheet, and pocket all the money they made. 

The employee takes all of the risk of punishment. The company takes a slice of the profits of the crime. 

I feel sorry for two entities in your example: 1) the patient who isn't getting the care necessary, and 2) Medicare and our fraud of our tax dollars. I don't feel sorry for the "caregivers" scamming the patient and Medicare or the company who knows and tacitly approves the scam. Both are committing crimes and should be prosecuted. 

Explosive Interview Directly Implicates Trump in Tax Scheme

A witness in the New York investigation against the Trump Organization has told prosecutors that Donald Trump personally guaranteed he would cover school costs for the family members of two employees in lieu of a raise—directly implicating the former president in an ongoing criminal tax fraud case.

The explosive claims come from Jennifer Weisselberg, the ex-wife of a longtime company employee, during a teleconference call with investigators on Friday, June 25, according to two sources who agreed to speak on the condition of anonymity.

On that afternoon's Zoom call, those sources said, investigators with the Manhattan district attorney and New York state attorney general asked Jennifer Weisselberg whether Trump himself was involved in the company’s alleged tax-dodging scheme of making corporate gifts instead of increasing salary that would be taxed.

He was, she answered.

Weisselberg then provided key details for investigators. In January 2012, inside Trump’s office at Trump Tower on Fifth Avenue, Jennifer Weisselberg watched as Trump discussed compensation with her husband and her father-in-law, both company employees. Her husband wouldn’t be getting a raise, but their children would get their tuition paid for at a top-rated private academy instead.

Click on the link for the full story

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

And don’t forget that Dems are now in charge and could handle all of this differently.  But they don’t.  I won’t forget this at election time.

I thought you were done voting.

• 2 weeks later...

More on the Scotland ruling:

A Judge Just Granted a Review of Decision Not to Seek So-Called ‘McMafia’ Order on Millions of Dollars Trump Poured into Scottish Golf Courses

A judge agreed to review Scottish ministers’ refusal to investigate what a U.S. advocacy group describes as former President Donald Trump’s “highly suspicious” transactions on two golf courses in that country to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars.

In a ruling issued by Scottish Court of Session on Wednesday, Lord Craig Sandison cited the “general and continuing public importance of the legal questions” brought by the Delaware-based group Avaaz, which has been fighting for more than two years to push ministers in that country to pursue an “Unexplained Wealth Order” to illuminate how Trump paid for two golf courses. He reportedly spent more than $300 million in cash to buy and develop Turnberry in Ayrshire and Trump International Golf Links in Aberdeenshire.

Sometimes described as a “McMafia” order, an Unexplained Wealth Order forces disclosure over the source of finances, and Avaaz launched its petition after Scottish ministers refused to pursue one.

Nick Flynn, legal director at Avaaz, applauded the ruling in a press release focusing mainly on the $60 million purchase of Turnberry.

“Today’s win means Scottish Ministers will now be challenged in court over their ongoing failure to seek an Unexplained Wealth Order (‘UWO’) to investigate Trump’s suspicious Turnberry purchase,” Flynn wrote in a statement. “Armed with a proper understanding of the law, we hope that Ministers agree that Trump’s purchase demands the transparency that only a UWO can bring. Scotland’s reputation for upholding the rule of law and combating money laundering depends on it.”

An attorney for the Trump Organization did not immediately respond to an email requesting comment.