Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-Curse D.C. Sports Thread

Sticksboi05

6 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Completely depends on whether Haskins is a legit QB and their decision on Gruden's future. I can very easily see a scenario where Haskins struggles a bit as a rookie, they fire Gruden and bring in some hot young offensive guru to "develop" Haskins, and that coach is in over his head or otherwise can't develop Haskins because Haskins just doesn't have it. In fact, not only can I see that scenario, I actually think it's more likely than not. And in that scenario, Skins are probably ****ed for a minimum of 5-6 years. 

On the flipside, Skins have the makings of a good young D and a decent OLine. If Haskins is like top-15 QB good, they can add some weapons around him, I could see the Skins improving to 11-12 win territory in the next 2-3 years. But that's a much less likely scenario. 

Both scenarios are reasonable, here's the thing though...getting to 11-5 probably doesn't (and getting to 12-4 may not) put you in a position to get a bye and a home game. So, even in our best-case scenario, we are likely one of the division winners who plays a home wild card game and then travels in the second round. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I am not looking forward to next Redskins season.

I am irrationally excited for redskins football. In Madden someone just released all the draft picks in game so you can just start the 2019 season now (although with 2018 schedule) 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah... Cursed because an oft injured lb who's shown very little, was supposed to take us to the SB. Got me thinking we lost Mike Singletary or some ****.

Or maybe him being with.... Every single one his teammates from Alabama, was supposed to give him magical powers.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah... Cursed because an oft injured lb who's shown very little, was supposed to take us to the SB. Got me thinking we lost Mike Singletary or some ****.

Or maybe him being with.... Every single one his teammates from Alabama, was supposed to give him magical powers.

lmao, like a football Voltron 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Pick6 said:

Did anyone see the Caps celebrating last night like they just won the Cup? So fun to see. Also, if you have Instagram and follow John Carlson, he has posted a better video.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/video/watch-alex-ovechkin-celebrate-washington-nationals-world-series-title

The synergy between the franchises, minus the football team, is amazing right now.

Wizards were rocking Nats gear before playing. Beal is from St. Louis and even he was buying in. Then the Caps & Nats seem to be legitimate friendships amongst the players. Its beautiful to see

• Like 2

The biggest takeaway from the DC sports resurgence is that it pays to have good will with your teams talent, especially the players you drafted and developed.

Even the Wizards have a decent enough culture that Beal is willing to stick it out rather than demanding a trade. Now the Wizards are looking at a quick rebuild before they likely have a competitive team again next year.

Meanwhile in Ashburn, Trent Williams can't put on his helmet because Bruce Allen is an asshole.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

The biggest takeaway from the DC sports resurgence is that it pays to have good will with your teams talent, especially the players you drafted and developed.

Even the Wizards have a decent enough culture that Beal is willing to stick it out rather than demanding a trade. Now the Wizards are looking at a quick rebuild before they likely have a competitive team again next year.

Meanwhile in Ashburn, Trent Williams can't put on his helmet because Bruce Allen is an asshole.

It all starts at the top.

Snyder is now the only owner in town who hasn't won a championship. And truth be told, he doesn't deserve to.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1