Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is this the most talented yet misused defensive front we've had in years?

Vanguard

This is what I love about Ioannidis. The guard is just kind of looking around lost in this play for someone to block and Ioannidis sees it, engages him and destroys him THEN goes after the quarterback. Most guys would have tried to squeeze through the gap, Ioannidis wants to destroy you first. 

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

I think what we're seeing is proof that ES armchair GMs know more NFL GMs. After all, ESers have been screaming for years, "Get a nose tackle! Draft D line. Stop drafting these damn safeties and wide receivers!"

They finally listen to us and voila... We have a defense! I will accept my paycheck if the Redskins decide to fully come to their senses.

AAAAAND, we told them to ditch the Yellow Pants for Red!!!

They listen to us... and the Redskins win.

23 minutes ago, RedskinsLegacy said:

I am really liking this Defense and the pressure they have been getting with only rushing 4. 

I still want more blitzes. There have been way too many four man rushes without pressure with no coverage. If you ain't gonna cover then kill the QB.

On 10/25/2018 at 10:51 AM, Koolblue13 said:

Landon is more of a strong like DJ, correct? Tough to replace him. If hes a free than I'd go after him with everything and replace Nicholson. 

It's just Daron. Hes not a Nose, but a great DT. Imagine him on the end with Tomlinson in the middle? Now that's a wall.

And your posts are a bit aggressive today. I've been staying away from your posts. Hope you're alright. Might need to up the pain meds today.

Has Settle been active yet?

In the system we run he's not only a nose, but fits to a tee what the system requires in a nose. No, he's not your typical eat up blocks and space 2 gap nose tackle. Just curious who rides the pine in the event we traded for Harrison, or sign Tomlinson, or anyone else available in free agency for that matter? You have three studs on rookie contracts why dump a bunch of money on a free agent?

All I can say is I hope it's not fools gold. That and that we don't get hit with a ton of injuries again. 

I remember promising starts to the last two seasons, and even things to be excited about under Jim H. Like last year's line was good the first 4 or 5 weeks before Alien and Matt I got hurt. In 2016, people were talking about this whole second half touchdowns thing by our defense with Haslett, we'd seem to do just enough to lose hands and give fans hope. There'd be games like Dallas 2014 where we'd look like we could do anybody and then the next week we'd miss tackle after tackle. 

I don't see that right now, but that's where my primary concern is. I even remember 2014 against Jacksonville where we had 10 sacks and am trying to calm myself a bit because all this means nil if we don't play well against Atlanta and the rest of the season. 

39 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Definitely more stout than 2008.  I think you’re absolutely right.  91 if not 92.

In terms of beef and reputation, this reminds me of the Stubby and Big Daddy lines. That was one of the few times we've invested in big bodies along the line who were supposed to be gane changers. It could be argued that Gilbert was that too, but I just don't remember him. But Payne and Allen are more than just names and more than just run stuffers. They're changing games and must be accounted for. It honestly reminds me of some of the more dominant lines we've seen in the league over the years like possibly what Minny has, or what Arizona had. Or even the Rams with Donald. 

10 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

All I can say is I hope it's not fools gold. That and that we don't get hit with a ton of injuries again. 

I remember promising starts to the last two seasons, and even things to be excited about under Jim H. Like last year's line was good the first 4 or 5 weeks before Alien and Matt I got hurt. In 2016, people were talking about this whole second half touchdowns thing by our defense with Haslett, we'd seem to do just enough to lose hands and give fans hope. There'd be games like Dallas 2014 where we'd look like we could do anybody and then the next week we'd miss tackle after tackle. 

I don't see that right now, but that's where my primary concern is. I even remember 2014 against Jacksonville where we had 10 sacks and am trying to calm myself a bit because all this means nil if we don't play well against Atlanta and the rest of the season. 

In terms of beef and reputation, this reminds me of the Stubby and Big Daddy lines. That was one of the few times we've invested in big bodies along the line who were supposed to be gane changers. It could be argued that Gilbert was that too, but I just don't remember him. But Payne and Allen are more than just names and more than just run stuffers. They're changing games and must be accounted for. It honestly reminds me of some of the more dominant lines we've seen in the league over the years like possibly what Minny has, or what Arizona had. Or even the Rams with Donald. 

@Thinking Skins This D Line is clearly more dominant that Stubblefield & Big Daddy.  If I recall correctly, they were mostly busts.

Archived