Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is this the most talented yet misused defensive front we've had in years?

Vanguard

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Who's our true NT? McGee? Why'd the dump snacks for a 5th? It's a fire sale, so who knows. 

It was mostly said in jest because of the Alabama Wall stuff, but go on with yourself.

"Go on with yourself?" What the **** is that supposed to mean?

First, since you asked, our NT is DeRon Payne. Was that even a real question?

And, I had not idea Harrison was traded actually. First I heard of it. I'm shocked!

So, I'd be looking for maybe going after Collins since you're big on Safeties.

8 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Who's our true NT? McGee? Why'd the dump snacks for a 5th? It's a fire sale, so who knows. 

It was mostly said in jest because of the Alabama Wall stuff, but go on with yourself.

Is this a trick question> Payne with Settle backing him.  Or am I wrong.

14 hours ago, skinny21 said:

Yeah, I mentioned in the prediction thread that I’d like to see them send 5, 6, or even 7 regularly.  Stack the line, change up who rushes, make Eli start seeing ghosts.  Sure, we’ll likely get burned a bit, but 1) we throw Eli off his game (whatever game that is), and 2) we’ve crowded the LOS to deal with Barkley.  I’ll also add that it would be totally unexpected to see from Manusky.  Can’t imagine the Giants would be prepped to handle that consistently.  

I thought (and suspected others did as well) that we would rush 3 or 4 and barely blitz to contain Dak as we had done successfully vs Cam.  So I am encouraged that we will throw the farm at Eli, especially since I think we may need to.  Dunbar is out, and I have heard more than 1 person allege that he is our best corner. Strolman is green and fear one of the Giants punk ass WRs will school him given too much time. And not just him, any corner.  

Also blitz as you said, to run blitz vs Barkley.  Just blitz all the damn time and appease us fans of an aggressive dictating style of defense. Especially as it clearly appears the Giants are trying to sell off and land a top pick QB.  Lets help them out.  Foot on the neck, finish em!

Since DC's have to change things up, watch us drop 8 all day and make Eli beat us, before taking. him. out.

Just now, Morneblade said:

"Go on with yourself?" What the **** is that supposed to mean?

First, since you asked, our NT is DeRon Payne. Was that even a real question?

And, I had not idea Harrison was traded actually. First I heard of it. I'm shocked!

So, I'd be looking for maybe going after Collins since you're big on Safeties.

Landon is more of a strong like DJ, correct? Tough to replace him. If hes a free than I'd go after him with everything and replace Nicholson. 

It's just Daron. Hes not a Nose, but a great DT. Imagine him on the end with Tomlinson in the middle? Now that's a wall.

And your posts are a bit aggressive today. I've been staying away from your posts. Hope you're alright. Might need to up the pain meds today.

Just now, TheGreek1973 said:

Is this a trick question> Payne with Settle backing him.  Or am I wrong.

Has Settle been active yet?

15 minutes ago, method man said:

What happened to Josh Holsey? It seems like the perfect time to bring him back into the fold with Quinton having nerve issues (which is scary). Given the Giants cadre of receivers, I don't want Stroman out there biting on another fake

Hosley participated in his first practice of the season on Wednesday. Hail

13 minutes ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

Hosley participated in his first practice of the season on Wednesday. Hail

Nice! To be clear, I think Stroman and Danny Johnson will be good next year. Skins CBs tend to suck year 1 and take a big step up in year 2 (we've seen that with Fuller, Moreau and Dunbar over the past few years)

21 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Landon is more of a strong like DJ, correct? Tough to replace him. If hes a free than I'd go after him with everything and replace Nicholson. 

It's just Daron. Hes not a Nose, but a great DT. Imagine him on the end with Tomlinson in the middle? Now that's a wall.

And your posts are a bit aggressive today. I've been staying away from your posts. Hope you're alright. Might need to up the pain meds today.

Has Settle been active yet?

Payne is a NT. I"m not sure why you think he's not, but he is. And he has been very good.

As for Collins, yeah, he's more of a SS. Redudant, but so would be Tomlinson, which is why I was like"?". Actually, Tomlinson would likely take Matt's spot,if that would happen. Tomlinson was a DE while Payne was the NT at 'Bama when they lined up in the 3-4. Take a look.

Pain-wise I'm fine today. And I don't actually have any pain meds, unfortunately. With opiates, every doc basically refused to prescribe them, so I take a muscle relaxer and hope for the best. Yesterday was not a good day, today is decent.

As for PureBeast, I'm just ****ing tired of the "Cousins didn't wan to be here" bull****. So yeah, that did set me off.

I'm confused as to how Payne is not a "real" NT but Tomlinson is. At first I thought it was because of the idea that a true NT has to be 330 + but Tomlinson is 6'3 317. He and Payne are pretty much the exact same size as I think Payne is around 315 at 6'3 as well.

38 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think KB was trying to say he wants Payne playing three technique.

I think we want Payne playing 1 tech most of the time and that him playing three technique is for passing downs.

7 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Thanks.

That's exactly what I'm trying to say.

Again, why? Why is Payne playing the 1 tech bad? He's been excellent IMO.

Ok, thanks for clarifying that. Though I'm still not sure why it's needed to have Payne at 3 tech on passing downs. We don't generally play an old school 2 gap 3-4. We're in more of a 3-4 Under 1 gap setup much more of the time so our NT is lining up in one of the A gaps and shading off the Center. Payne seems to be doing just fine where he is. Besides, we have Allen and Ioan at 3 tech during pass downs and they do a good job there.

Just now, mistertim said:

Ok, thanks for clarifying that. Though I'm still not sure why it's needed to have Payne at 3 tech on passing downs. We don't generally play an old school 2 gap 3-4. We're in more of a 3-4 Under 1 gap setup much more of the time so our NT is lining up in one of the A gaps and shading off the Center. Payne seems to be doing just fine where he is. Besides, we have Allen and Ioan at 3 tech during pass downs and they do a good job there.

Because imo, on run downs, having Allen, Tomlinson and Payne on the line is more formidable. Tomlinson is better than McGee, hes younger and hes a Bama boy.

I already said I wasn't even really serious about this, but y'all keep running with it.

Tomlinson >>> McGee not Payne.

Jon Allen has 5 sacks in his first 12 NFL games, Aaron Donald had 6 sacks in his first 12 games but finished his rookie season with 9 sacks, Allen could get there.

Also Matty I with 5.5 sacks on the year and D Payne with 3, that middle of the defense is exciting.

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

Jon Allen has 5 sacks in his first 12 NFL games, Aaron Donald had 6 sacks in his first 12 games but finished his rookie season with 9 sacks, Allen could get there.

Also Matty I with 5.5 sacks on the year and D Payne with 3, that middle of the defense is exciting.

?

Love me some Matty I man.  But this defense gives me something to watch every week.  I'm becoming a big DaRon Payne fan too.

I think what we're seeing is proof that ES armchair GMs know more NFL GMs. After all, ESers have been screaming for years, "Get a nose tackle! Draft D line. Stop drafting these damn safeties and wide receivers!"

They finally listen to us and voila... We have a defense! I will accept my paycheck if the Redskins decide to fully come to their senses.

Archived