Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do you see current society playing out? Headed towards Civil War Lite?

TheGreatBuzz

54 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Thats why the people who advertise what they have are dumb.

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

i always make it a point to know where there the nearest well set-up survivalist group is so i know who has the stuff i'll need when the **** hits  the fan but not have to pay for it, plus no one notices or cares when they go missing

So reassuring I'm not the only person that feels this way.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jumbo said:

i always make it a point to know where there the nearest well set-up survivalist group is so i know who has the stuff i'll need when the **** hits  the fan but not have to pay for it, plus no one notices or cares when they go missing

Those are the people to stay away from. 

They've been just itching to shoot people for years and that will be their big chance. 

On 10/31/2020 at 6:10 AM, youngestson said:

Those are the people to stay away from. 

They've been just itching to shoot people for years and that will be their big chance. 

i've been around such folks a number of times, and at enough length (ak/or/wa/id)...enough to have experience with different forms of them (not all operate from the same motives/concerns or are necessarily militant/playing army/white supremacists, but that type has been the most common

now my whackjob obama/trump-voting older  sister and her mormon internet-shopped hubby (now 3rd ex-hubby) had a mix of diff motives  but were in it deep

i may post some stories of those militia/survivalist groups (to go with the john birch society stories i've told here) in pcs' militia thread in the near future...

• 2 months later...

2020 Was a Warning That Our Civilization is Reaching Breaking Point

Phew. Take a deep, deep breath. It’s finally over. The worst year in modern history. 2020. A dumpster fire of sudden catastrophe, abject misery, heart-stopping panic, and sheer chaos — punctuated by breathtaking idiocy.

What does the strange, overly long term “civilizational collapse” term really mean? It’s what you had a small taste of in 2020.

In the blink of an eye, the world was turned upside down and inside out. I mean that quite literally. The pandemic upset everything, from our long-held notions of success and failure, to ideas of what it means to intelligent, to old and outdated economic and political theories, to the global order itself.

The pandemic asked us to change. To change our behaviour, collectively, for the good of all. And yet far too few of us cared to do that.

The pandemic in this way revealed the bottomlessness of human stupidity. It turned the world upside down and inside out because some societies, it turned out, are incapable of change. Even when the stakes are as absolute as a sudden, massive, horrific tidal wave of mass death. The great theme of 2020, therefore, was this: change, or die.

And that is what civilizational collapse really means. Change or die.

Let me now put it in much simpler and clearer terms. The world was struck by a lethal pandemic. That pandemic wasn’t an anomaly — it was part of a trend. SARS, MERS, Covid. And yet nobody was ready.

Every social system — at least in societies like America and Britain — failed on an epic level.

And that was just due to a relatively minor pandemic. So what about climate change? Mass extinction? Ecological collapse? If our systems and institutions can’t handle a temporary, relatively minor pandemic — what about those much, much more dangerous, permanent, bigger, and deeper challenges? Bang. That is what civilizational collapse means.

You think Covid was bad? There’s bad, and then there’s bad. 2020 was also the year that megafires and supertyphoons became parts of our everyday vocabulary. As they grow in intensity, frequency, and violence — what happens? Entire regions become unlivable. Forget about lockdown — people won’t have homes to go back to. What does that do to economies? It rips a giant hole in them — a permanent one. Everybody is poorer, forever. Do you see any institutions or systems capable of rehousing, say, California, or parts of Australia, Miami, or entire island nations? I don’t. That’s because there aren’t any.

Covid produced a wave of mass death. Depression. Social breakdown. Idiocy of a lethal kind. All our social systems and institutions broke like twigs, except in a handful of Eastern countries with high levels of social capital and trust and common decency. In the rest, even the world’ richest and most powerful countries, like America and Britain? Bang! America broke so badly that more than 1 in 1000 people there are dead. Britain broke so badly it bred a mutant strain of the virus, which is currently on a whole new rampage.

Now take all those “bads” — those disasters and calamities that Covid produced. Mass death, economic depression, social breakdown, political paralysis, cultural idiocy. Think of the way that those “bads” broke our systems and institutions like that — snap!! — in a matter of months.

Now think of how much more of those very bads — mass death, economic depression, social breakdown, political paralysis, and cultural idiocy — the decades wave of catastrophes headed our way, climate change, mass extinction, ecological collapse, is going to produce.

Civilizational collapse, in hard terms, means that the basic systems and institutions we depend on begin to fail. Air, water, food, medicine, money. They snap like twigs — or fall apart one step at a time — and never come back. Think of how badly all those things began to fail over the last year — how there were times that you just couldn’t get them — and you get an inkling of how much danger we are really in as a civilization. We are one calamity, one decade, away from our basic systems for food, water, air, medicine, and money shattering like glass, which no one can put back together.

Our systems and institutions don’t have a hope. If they couldn’t stand up to Covid, good luck with climate change. 

Click on the link for more

• Sad 3

In the past 6 months we've invested in a freezer we've stocked with meat/frozen vegetables, a ****-ton of bottled water, toilet paper, more batteries than I can count, and a firearm (first time I've ever owned a gun). Each week when we hit the store, we add a little more frozen food, some TP, and an extra jug or two of water to our stash. 

The freezer (well, and the toilet paper) is the only one of those things that I hope I need to use. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

In the past 6 months we've invested in a freezer we've stocked with meat/frozen vegetables, a ****-ton of bottled water, toilet paper, more batteries than I can count, and a firearm (first time I've ever owned a gun). Each week when we hit the store, we add a little more frozen food, some TP, and an extra jug or two of water to our stash. 

The freezer (well, and the toilet paper) is the only one of those things that I hope I need to use. 

Make sure to include a generator (and fuel) as well.  

• Like 1

I’m still dubious of civil war in the immediate future. 

but if decisive action isn’t taken about yesterday then I think it’s inevitable. I would view that as kicking the can down the road.

i still don’t think people generally want to participate in war. They want the threat. They want the leverage of the threat. They want to feel emboldened and empowered by displaying their commitment to their cause. They want others to be fearful of their threats. 

The video of the shooting at the Capitol Hill shows what I am saying and what I think is true. A bunch of these people, riled up enough to invade the Capitol, super angry and aggressive, stoped dead in their tracks in a “oh crap it just got real moment” once a shot rang out. They moved out of the way and became comparatively subdue while they allowed their supposed enemy to tend to her and try to get her help. 

and I think that shows that for the most part this is a game many of these people are willing to play so long as it’s a game. 

I think that’s an element of this that allows us to back peddle on the current situation and choose a different route. 

I do think that requires leadership from our politicians, as well as influencers in our society (news, social media, etc), to take this very seriously and take decisive action and make decisions about what it is they want and how they expect to actually get it. 

I don’t have faith in that. 

what we got yesterday was a bunch of lecturing by politicians. It was Facebook and Twitter that took decisive action. That’s not a good look to me. But I also understand maybe more time is needed? 

we have a festering wound. Tend to it immediately. Any other choice is one that allows the wound to get worse before it can begin to get better. 

Edited by tshile

@tshile I agree for the most part. I don't envision anything elevating to a true civil war. I think "unrest" is a better way to put it. I think there will continue to pockets of aggression and little mini acts of uprising in protest of the election. I live in eastern Loudoun County in VA so I just wanted to have a small stockpile in the event that truckers went on strike or lockdowns were put in place...I'm not exactly prepping to live off the grid or sustain myself through an actual war. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

What is the line between the two?  I see some sort of Syria-esque situation.

I'm not sure to be honest. I personally think of "unrest" as periodic riots, small-scale acts of defiance or terror, little clashes or outbursts, etc. I personally think of a civil war as defined armies or groups fighting each other and claiming swaths of land. 

That's probably very basic and idiotic hahaha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I'm not sure to be honest. I personally think of "unrest" as periodic riots, small-scale acts of defiance or terror, little clashes or outbursts, etc. I personally think of a civil war as defined armies or groups fighting each other and claiming swaths of land. 

That's probably very basic and idiotic hahaha

If we had more of this things would be much better.  It’s ok not to know.  Not everyone can be an expert in everything.  Don’t look at having to learn something as being weak.   People are just so sure they know everything about everything when it’s clear they are complete idiots about their supposed knowledge they spew.  

Edited by HOF44
  • Like 4

On 1/7/2021 at 12:45 PM, tshile said:

I’m still dubious of civil war in the immediate future. 

we have a festering wound. Tend to it immediately. Any other choice is one that allows the wound to get worse before it can begin to get better. 

On 1/7/2021 at 1:20 PM, TD_washingtonredskins said:

@tshile I agree for the most part. I don't envision anything elevating to a true civil war. I think "unrest" is a better way to put it. I think there will continue to pockets of aggression and little mini acts of uprising in protest of the election. I live in eastern Loudoun County in VA so I just wanted to have a small stockpile in the event that truckers went on strike or lockdowns were put in place...I'm not exactly prepping to live off the grid or sustain myself through an actual war. 

On 1/7/2021 at 2:05 PM, TheGreatBuzz said:

What is the line between the two?  I see some sort of Syria-esque situation.

And so it begins...

Clearwater woman rips Trump flag off car, assaults passenger with can of dog food, deputies say

A Clearwater woman allegedly flew into a rage when she saw a Trump flag on the back of a car Thursday as political tensions boiled over the nation following Wednesday’s violence in Washington.

Ashley Limbert, 44, is facing multiple charges stemming from an alleged road rage incident Thursday, including simple battery and throwing a deadly missle into an occupied vehicle.

According to an affidavit, Limbert was angered by a car that was waving a Trump flag in the area of State Road 580 and U.S. Highway 19. Deputies said she threw a paper cup at the car, then got out of her vehicle and chucked a can of dog food at the other car, hitting a window.

Deputies said Limbert walked toward the car’s passenger, the driver’s father, and was behaving aggressively. The report did not mention when or why the man got out of the car, but he ended up pushing her out of the way, and when her aggression continued, he pinned her to the ground, authorities said.

Deputies said Limbert began biting and scratching the man’s leg. Then she picked up the can of dog food and threw it at his head, hitting him.

At some point during the incident, she ripped up the flag and bent the flagpole, deputies said. The damage was about $50.

Limbert was arrested Thursday for criminal mischief, simple battery and throwing a deadly missile into an occupied vehicle.

2 minutes ago, China said:

Clearwater woman rips Trump flag off car, assaults passenger with can of dog food, deputies say

A Clearwater woman allegedly flew into a rage when she saw a Trump flag on the back of a car Thursday as political tensions boiled over the nation following Wednesday’s violence in Washington.

Ashley Limbert, 44, is facing multiple charges stemming from an alleged road rage incident Thursday, including simple battery and throwing a deadly missle into an occupied vehicle.

According to an affidavit

Dog food is a deadly missile?

unnamed.jpg.a62672d56c7f2f001c46569f293510d3.jpg