Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do you see current society playing out? Headed towards Civil War Lite?

TheGreatBuzz

21 minutes ago, tshile said:

i'm much more concerned about the 5-30 people that exist that might be swayed by whatever trump is going to turn the 2020 election into (because make no mistake about it, he's not going down swinging, he's going down trying to burn down everything around him; everything) to do something like detonate bombs in public places, commit a mass shooting, hijack a plane, whatever. something that causes hundreds to thousands of people to die or be seriously injured.

And what will be America's response to this?  And what will the crazy Rights response to that response?

4 hours ago, Mooka said:

Need a really exceptional President to bring this country together. 

Itd be nice if we elect one that at least tries. 

Trump is nothing if not exceptional. 🤡

3 hours ago, tshile said:

god damnit i've made a committment to being more positive but i was bored and wound up here so here it is

currently i'm less concerned about a civil war. most people don't have the balls to intervene when someone is being beaten. hell most people don't have the balls to stand up for themselves. you think they're ready for a civil war? hah.

i'm much more concerned about the 5-30 people that exist that might be swayed by whatever trump is going to turn the 2020 election into (because make no mistake about it, he's not going down swinging, he's going down trying to burn down everything around him; everything) to do something like detonate bombs in public places, commit a mass shooting, hijack a plane, whatever. something that causes hundreds to thousands of people to die or be seriously injured.

not to minimize the islamic terrorist threat, but at the moment the domestic terrorist (the white male trump supporter that's willing to kill people) seems like a significantly more seriously threat. and i consider the islamic terrorist threat to be a very serious threat itself. i don't read any of the places on the internet many of you do (that you always reference and claim you read so you know what's going on) so maybe i'm exaggerating a lot, but it's a gut feel. i've made a good living over 30+ years on that gut and its feelings. we'll see.

That is what a lot of wars look like these days.

i know i sound like an alarmist, but we're a much more spread out country, and largely we don't necessarily notice anything beyond pictures on TV until it happens close to us.

But there are a lot of attacks happening that may be small scale, but are attacks just the same. Church bombings, some of the mass shootings, other shootings, crazies sending bombs in the mail, we see the FBI arresting people with political kill lists, stockpiles of weapons.. 

Escalation, as you said, doesn't require a lot of people. Only a few nutjobs to inspire a few more nutjobs to inspire a few more... etc. etc.

The terrorist thinks he's a war-fighter and believes his methods are combat. 

I think we may be conditioned to view it as a military conflict, or even an organized battle. If it does escalate, it won't be. It'll be just as you said.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

And what will be America's response to this?  And what will the crazy Rights response to that response?

I honestly think theres a difference between what we’ve seen (which seems to be fueled by some sort of weird combination of issues with women, racism, weird appeal to whiteness or some garbage) and people doing it because trump is impeached. 

I feel like a significant majority of society will not allow the nonsense of the later and will be very against it. 

we obviously sort of kick the can only the first one. 

I don’t see a significant portion of society siding with bombing grocery stores and hijacking planes because trump was impeached. That would be civil war. I don’t see civil war. 

I see more extremists when we’re struggling with the ones we already have. 

Edited by tshile

1 hour ago, tshile said:

That’s not what wars look like

syria is what civil wars look like. 

How about all the other civil wars we've watched?

Syria is also being used as a battleground by other factions for other purposes, and represents more interests in the entire region for outside players, who are also active in the combat.

It is also much much smaller than us, more concentrated.

But all the little wars Syria has been exporting to their neighbors for decades look like terrorist actions. Bombings, hijackings, as you said above. 

Some are big like in Kosovo,  some are fought guerrilla style with very little large military action, like all the little civil wars in central and south America in the 70s, 80s and 90s.

Other civil wars like Vietnam have backing and weapons provided by outside influencers, whether that would happen here on the scale to fight a military engagement.. it's doubtful.

If you were to fight here, how would you do it?
would you take on the US military, or would you take on your perceived enemies within a population that doesn't see what is happening for what it is?

As I said,, terrorists see themselves as revolutionaries, warriors in their own sense, they see their tactics as combat. The terror is strategically planned, they hit their enemies with the deaths of innocents, look to win through control by fear.

It's effective, and has been proven as a method to defeat a large and much more powerful enemy.

~Bang 

Edited by Bang
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, tshile said:

But the majority won’t side with those acts. They’ll be against them. Which means, ultimately, we will have a government against them. 

I agree, but in these types of wars, this is also usually how it is. No one likes terrorists because everyone is a potential victim, and there is seemingly no defense. Stop them in one place, something happens in another. This is the goal of their acts. Subdue through fear. Transform fear into revolt by having people think the only way to get it to stop is to remove the government the terrorists are railing against.

And often, the majority play no part in these actions except to be the potential victims, the terrified... in effect, the hostages.  They are the actual weapon against the government.

As I usually say, when the time comes, i hope the military sides with the people.

~Bang

Edited by Bang

10 hours ago, tshile said:

That’s not what wars look like

syria is what civil wars look like. 

How about Venezuela?

Trump could easily tank our economy so money isn't worth the paper its printed on.  And once the election happens, one side is going to be VERY upset.  Throw in a little mob mentality and you end up with many pockets of "civil unrest".  Hell, if trump wins again, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a state like California try to succeed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Jumbo said:

what's frightening is i have no doubt we could take a tailgate mix of twa, buzz, burgold, larry, lsf, spjunkies, llevron, techboy, bang, sisko, mary, and no excuses and have a better running gov't (as crazy as it'd be) then with the current group 

it would certainly be more moral and ethical by quite the margin

trump-and-the-deplorables-t-shirts-men-s

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Jumbo said:

what's frightening is i have no doubt we could take a tailgate mix of twa, buzz, burgold, larry, lsf, spjunkies, llevron, techboy, bang, sisko, mary, and no excuses and have a better running gov't (as crazy as it'd be) then with the current group 

If we go this route, I'm going to have to demand to be referred to as TheGreatBuzz.  Sorry but that is a foot-down issue for me.

• Like 1

Not sure if you all are looking at around the world, but there are a bunch of protests taking place because of corruption and anti-democratic efforts. Ecuador is Kicking off right now too.

But us Americans are doing nothing while a guy is becoming a dictator with no impediment. 

We are a docile nation who is sitting down and watching the world burn and our institutions collapse.

Edited by BenningRoadSkin
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

But us Americans are doing nothing while a guy is becoming a dictator with no impediment. 

I don't believe that is accurate. 

womens-march-pink-1024x676+(1).jpg

You talk about protests all over then say we are doing nothing?  Maybe you haven't been paying attention. 

Edited by TheGreatBuzz
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I don't believe that is accurate. 

womens-march-pink-1024x676+(1).jpg

You talk about protests all over then say we are doing nothing?  Maybe you haven't been paying attention. 

That was one day in January, in a sanctioned environment.

They been going ham for months in Paris and Hong Kong. It’s not the same.

27 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

That was one day in January, in a sanctioned environment.

They been going ham for months in Paris and Hong Kong. It’s not the same.

There have been much more than that one event.

You can say we should be doing MORE and most would probably agree with you.  But to say we are doing nothing is just flat wrong.

Edit:  and you might want to edit out the picture in the reply.  Just looking out.

Edited by TheGreatBuzz

2 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Not sure if you all are looking at around the world, but there are a bunch of protests taking place because of corruption and anti-democratic efforts. Ecuador is Kicking off right now too.

We are a docile nation who is sitting down and watching the world burn and our institutions collapse.

But we have Hulu, video games, and pro sports to binge on... we're too fat and lazy as a nation to care (generally).

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

And how many of them can jus wait a year to vote for someone else in charge?  Part of the reason we arent tearing the whole country apart is because we havent deemed it neccesary yet. 

I agree there should be more protests, but we arent suffering from mass famine, huge swathes of ungoverned territory ripe with cartels or terrorists, nor a government that executes political rivals.  The reason it's not that bad here is because it's not that bad here, at least in comparison to other countries.  

Can we at least wait for if Trump wins to talk about this being terminal?  GOP got slaughtered in the midterms and decided of all things to double down.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

If we go this route, I'm going to have to demand to be referred to as TheGreatBuzz.  Sorry but that is a foot-down issue for me.

I will be a benevolent ruler and grant that on the condition you keep techboy under surveillance.....

When I visited Scotland we went to the Isle of Skye and learned of the Trumpan Church massacre when we were driving around and found the Trumpan Church.   If the Trumpsters are the MacLeods then we need to be the clan MacDonald) and perform a Trumpan massacre.

Trumpan Church on Skye and a murdered generation

This tiny ruined church sits in solitude overlooking the sea at Trumpan.  Once the centre of a medieval village, Trumpan church now stands as a monument to a dark history where an entire population were massacred.

skye-church11.gif.jpg

Back in the 1500s The MacDonalds and The MacLeods were engaged in fierce clan rivalry.  This came to a head in 1577 when a band of MacLeods of Skye landed on the island of Eigg.  The resident MacDonalds took refuge in a cave, but the raiding party lit a fire at it’s entrance and suffocated all The MacDonald’s to death, all 395 people from the island.  This cave is now known as ‘massacre cave’.

In retribution for this a gang from the clan MacDonald of Clanranald burnt the MacLeod church of Trumpan to the ground together with it’s trapped congregation.   

The village of Trumpan was never re-established.

21 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

hey c'mon, bruh...at least give yourself some credit for all the effort you've put into waging the keyboard campaign here in this miscreant-filled side-forum of an nfl team website ^_^

this below isn't "to" benning, just in general

while plenty of the usual suspects, besides all the elected oldschool gopers,  are sitting on their hands during this crapfest, like so many of the left sat on their asses and let trump win cuz hillary wasn't "good enough" to pick over ****-stain, there's also a helluva lot of "non-docility" out there (i.e. i frequently leave the house), and in 3D land activism is up big-time, as i hope most reg tailgate politicos are discovering first hand 

otoh benning's sentiment  is appropriate afaic given the level of stupid, sick, & ugly under way with all the passive or active help from too many by far

to the title topic----i could see more oldschool gopers at some point maybe make a shift away from trump, using something like this kurd deal or similar/other scandal(s) to either do their own impeachment conversation and take the credit for gop-approved "proper" and "bold" oversight, which i think would be smart if they decide they to call the trump experiment over, and salvage more of their party's power if trumpco seems to be swirling down the toilet bowl for real

or they can just use scandals of their choice as their reasons and to join the dems, maybe making some legislative demands for that "gift", and add the goper charges they come up with, again getting credit for turning out to love the country after all and then they declare all this nationalism as a temp haze that really wasn't as bad as the dems say, and hey, dems are still so full of crap anyways, and everything's back in place,  nothing to see here now, it's just biz per usual moving forward (whistles theme from the andy griffin show)