Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBC: At least nine dead in Santa Fe High School Shooting

No Excuses

6 minutes ago, bcl05 said:

Mike Pence has the same boilerplate line for every mass shooting.  Doesn't even bother to change the script...

Given the limited number of words in the English language and the enormous and frequent number of school shootings, there's only so much he can change.

/sarcasm

9 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

I am going to need a much better explanation as to why. 

To me this is absurd and nearly damn impossible. 

I have several talking points about that, but I will wait for your clarification to even bother. 

Because our political system has failed and people need to take extreme measures to get their voices heard. 

1 hour ago, Kilmer17 said:

As pointed out a gazillion times, a background check is a meaningless political stunt.  Out of the hundreds of mass shootings, how many would have been prevented by a background check? A couple maybe?

Yippee.

I bet you'd change your mind if in that couple included the one where your kid was dead.

I have come to the point where I believe that you are either for gun control or you are pro murder. Now, there are guys who are pro-gun and pro gun control, even the Great Buzz, who advocates for some limits and controls, but the standard GOP/NRA position is not pro-2nd Amendment; it is pro murder. The Supreme Court ruling as interpreted and fought for by the gun rights crowd is pro murder. Every other right is limited and usually limited for safety reasons. This notion that gun rights ought to be unfettered and that thoughts and prayers are sufficient and the only Constitutional solution is, in reality, only a position to support murder.

I know this post doesn't really "help" because the prevailing belief is that the gun control side always has to give in and compromise. That something only can only be done by giving in to the gun rights side, but for twenty years the gun rights side has gotten what they want. An unprecedented amount of mass murders is the harvest.

The 2nd Amendment is supposed to be about self-defense against government tyranny or assaults against oneself or one's property. This ****ization is nothing but a device to give murderers liberty at the expense of the rest of us. We are the only nation in the world that faces mass killings to this degree. Therefore, we are the only nation in the world unable to limit the danger of its criminally insane, sociopaths, terrorists, and mass murderers. It's time to put away the prayer book and do the work of God.

3 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Because our political system has failed and people need to take extreme measures to get their voices heard. 

So the potential of going to jail and losing your job is a clearly better option ? 

The potential to lose your home while in jail is a better option? 

The potential to lose credit lines because you are in jail is a better option ? 

Stifle the American children more educationally is a better option ? 

Unemployed teachers with or without families is a better option ? 

Losing your children is a potential scenario as well...right ? 

Come on man, I know that you are smarter than that Vish. 

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

. It's time to put away the prayer book and do the work of God.

Oh my. Hmm...

13 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

So the potential of going to jail and losing your job is a clearly better option ? 

The potential to lose your home while in jail is a better option? 

The potential to lose credit lines because you are in jail is a better option ? 

Stifle the American children more educationally is a better option ? 

Unemployed teachers with or without families is a better option ? 

Losing your children is a potential scenario as well...right ? 

Mass boycotts and strikes are one of the most effective forms of protest in human history. 

If people are pissed about this. Then go vote. It's like the thread about no point trying to convince Trump supporters. It's the same here. Today is X-mas for the Walsh/Kaus/McLaughlin types with their blogs and podcasts and opinion pieces. They want this argument because its how they get people to pay attention to them.

It's beyond even talking to them. If folks in Texas care. Then they won't vote for Ted Cruz or Abbott. If they do because the other guy is a dirty Dem. Then I guess future thoughts and prayers for the next shooting there. Maybe it'll be their kids. Maybe not. Whatever. 

36 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

I bet you'd change your mind if in that couple included the one where your kid was dead.

Of course I would.  That’s hardly the way to run a govt.   

14 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Yay!   Political bull****!  **** him

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Was this just some random 17 year old who did this today or was he a student there? Either way, yeah I’m getting sick & tired of opening FB every day to see there was another school shooting. 

Student, 17 yr old JR

be glad the pipe bombs didn't work

My daughter was telling me today how many of her friends have emotional issues.   On prescribed drugs and/or therapy.     Why?   I don't remember this sort of angst being rampant when I was in High School.  Maybe I was just blind too it.  Why are our children so disturbed that they reach this breaking point?   Guns were easily accessible when I was growing up too.  Accessibility to guns is nothing new in America.  They are the tools of choice for the disturbed for obvious reasons,  but what is the cause?  Who is asking that question, and who is looking for answers? 

One of the injured was the schhool resource officer, according to the USA Today.  Police dispatch audio captures a policeman's voice saying "Officer down."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2018/05/18/texas-school-shooting-suspect-dimitrios-pagourtzis/623438002/

5 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Always nice to see people address a problem with common sense solutions that can save lives.

I'm pretty sure what the Lt. Governor was referring to was restricting entry to a single set of doors.  All exits would still be fully functional.

6 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

I'm pretty sure what the Lt. Governor was referring to was restricting entry to a single set of doors.  All exits would still be fully functional.

I was just talking about modern sprinkler systems and automatic fire doors. Nice to see a proactive approach to saving people’s lives.

Fire lobby needs better marketing if they want to stay in business.

1 minute ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I was just talking about modern sprinkler systems and automatic fire doors. Nice to see a proactive approach to saving people’s lives.

Fire lobby needs better marketing if they want to stay in business.

OK, gotcha. I was reacting to the ridicule the guy was getting at the thought of hundreds of kids trying to evacuate a fire from a single doorway.

28 minutes ago, stevenaa said:

My daughter was telling me today how many of her friends have emotional issues.   On prescribed drugs and/or therapy.     Why?   I don't remember this sort of angst being rampant when I was in High School.  Maybe I was just blind too it.  Why are our children so disturbed that they reach this breaking point?   Guns were easily accessible when I was growing up too.  Accessibility to guns is nothing new in America.  They are the tools of choice for the disturbed for obvious reasons,  but what is the cause?  Who is asking that question, and who is looking for answers? 

More providing, not enough raising. Not all kids need antidepressants. Far more unstable households, leading possibly to smaller world (due to things like social media, etc) breeding unecessary stress/isolationist/anti-social tendencies, which may more easily lead to things like depression.

It's a long list, but I think that right there absolutely plays a factor.

Archived