Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBC: At least nine dead in Santa Fe High School Shooting

No Excuses

1 hour ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Up to 10 now. 

Thoughts and prayers to all.

My kids elementary school, the doors are locked and you need to be buzzed in. I think its coming to the point where schools need to be 2 designated entry ways and students coming in need to go through a metal detector. Once school starts, doors are locked and there is a security guard at each door. 

But thats at least 4 security guards for every 98,817 public schools in the US. 

My high school in the 90s had 3-4 full time security guards. 

My daughters elementary school is like that.  Doors locked and you have to be buzzed in to get through the first set of doors.  Also has an SRO there all day.  But.....and sadly, I think about the what if's in regards to some tragic event like this happening at her school, every morning I drop her off.  I also look around and even with the measures in place, there is still access (easy access at that) to the playground and fields, etc. where they go for outdoor recess.

I think they have security cameras outside, but depending on where the SRO was, if they pulled up to the side of the building, it might take some psycho like 30-45 seconds to get to the children.  

On a related note, they just had primaries and all the sheriff candidates were running on the republican ticket, which means the winner of the primary is going to most likely run unopposed in the general elections.  I listed to a debate with 3 of the 5 candidates and they were asked about how to make our schools safer given the recent school shootings. 

One candidate made an interesting point he stated that it was just a matter of time before one of these cowards walks up to the SRO and pops him in the head, eliminating law enforcement presence.  He was in favor of putting in secure lock boxes with guns in strategic places and train X amount of teachers and only give them and the SRO access to said boxes.  Now, I'm not in favor of that at all, but his comment on taking out the SRO really gets you thinking.  

Another candidate wanted to better arm the SROs where they have access to semi-automatic rifles, etc. so they are better equipped to handle these situations.  Cause a shooter with a semi-auto rifle has a better tactical advantage over an SRO with just a service weapon, especially at long range.  That made sense to me.  Either way, more needs to be done to protect our children.  Kids shouldn't be scared to go to school, they should be enjoying life.

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Thats great.

1 hour ago, SkinInsite said:

I already prayed for next month school shooting victims.

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Good thinking!  I’m gonna use this rainy weekend to knock out my prayers all the way through 2020.

this is just being a dick.     

Another day, another mass shooting. Welcome to America in 2018.

Somewhere an independent or liberal politician is thinking about introducing gun control legislation that will inevitably fail. Elsewhere, the NRA is gearing up their "from my cold dead hands!" division, and their Republican acolytes are preparing their "mental health" speech. Meanwhile, the victims will continue to suffer.

See you guys in the new mass shooting thread next week.

Oh, man, we've gone that far now? 

If that's the case, ya, media needs to put there's mf'rs out front and center the intentions are clear soon as possible, I've changed my mind on how much attention to give these people if others are trying to put out fake accounts to make their intentions seem different and just set us even more against each other instead of the issue.

I believe we're doing a decent job of this, but yes, can we please keep this thread on track to this particular incident then go to Gun Control thread separately?  Thanks in advance.

Has the list of victims come out yet?

50 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

My daughters elementary school is like that.  Doors locked and you have to be buzzed in to get through the first set of doors.  Also has an SRO there all day.  But.....and sadly, I think about the what if's in regards to some tragic event like this happening at her school, every morning I drop her off.  I also look around and even with the measures in place, there is still access (easy access at that) to the playground and fields, etc. where they go for outdoor recess.

We were a block away from a shooting in baltimore a few weeks ago. Afterwards, the wife asks our 6 year old what she thought the sound was. She said what is on the police officers in her school. Wife asked how she feels about that. 

She said "safe". Knowing officers have guns in school makes her feel safe. 

4 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

So, this is on the other side of the metro area from us; I'm on the west on 10. This is sort of southeast, towards Galveston - which I think where TWA lives. He's probably the guy that showed up with the flag and the gun.

My wife has the news on in her office and is crying.

Something is deeply wrong with this country.

Don't be a dick

Yes it is towards me and I have friends and family there, including first responders.

Come on, let's not do this.  I don't recall a time when twa trolled school children being killed.  We don't need to demonize the person on the opposite side of the political spectrum.  We all die a little inside with every shooting.  

Archived