Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBC: At least nine dead in Santa Fe High School Shooting

No Excuses

An article from The New York Times in 2001 outlines the actions taken by former Smith & Wesson CEO Ed Shultz:

Last March, in an attempt to defuse lawsuits the company was facing from at least 29 municipalities that held handgun manufacturers responsible for violent crimes, Mr. Shultz entered into an agreement with the federal government. He said that Smith & Wesson would include locks on its handguns, research and implement ''smart-gun'' technology that would only allow the owner of a gun to operate it and improve the way retailers sold its products.

The NRA was beyond furious. It questioned his experience. Its members were told "that Smith & Wesson "became the first gun maker to run up the white flag of surrender and duck behind the Clinton-Gore lines."

The result was "a boycott by the National Rifle Association" that "made Smith & Wesson an industry outcast," the Times reported in 2006. Shultz left the gun maker by September.

http://www.businessinsider.com/smith-and-wesson-took-the-lead-on-safety-2012-12

Smart guns are where this is going imo. 

---------------------------------------------------

Two United States Senators -– Joe Manchin, a Democrat from West Virginia, and Pat Toomey, a Republican from Pennsylvania, both gun owners, both strong defenders of our Second Amendment rights, both with “A” grades from the NRA –- that’s hard to get — worked together in good faith, consulting with folks like our Vice President, who has been a champion on this for a long time, to write a common-sense compromise bill that would have required virtually everyone who buys a gun to get a background check. That was it. Pretty common-sense stuff. Ninety percent of Americans supported that idea. Ninety percent of Democrats in the Senate voted for that idea. But it failed because 90 percent of Republicans in the Senate voted against that idea.

http://time.com/4168056/obama-gun-control-speech-transcript/

I miss Obama so much ... 

I just want to point out the single entrance(once school begins) has been used in many schools here  for years, there are of course emergency exits you can open from the inside.

controlling access is a time tested tactic. 

53 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Show me a post of twa's on the subject of school shooting that was worse than @Lombardi's_kid_brother's crack.  If you think that those mf'ers showing up to troll the school shooting or creating the fake facebook or instagram page represents the vast majority of the people who disagree with you politically, might as well say **** the system, the votes, and the government and pick up a gun and just start shooting to see who wins.  

Settle down.

We ALL die inside is what you said.

No, we don't. Clearly, as illustrated by that guy. 

LBKs comment or any of TWAs comments on any subject are just that,, comments.. discussion, be they snarky or not. That other guy? That is well beyond any of what we all do here, no matter how passionately or furiously we may type.

Guys like that loon in the video live for this ****, they eat and sleep and breathe their anger towards their enemies all day. And because of that, today's shooting prompted in that guy an entirely irrational and dangerous response. He put on a trump hat. He got a gun. And a FLAG. he isn't dying inside,, he's screaming for attention from the rest of his brainwashed ilk.

My comment to TWA had nothing to do with it, it was a comment of concern to a fellow board member who i've been discussing these things with for over a decade who has family close by the situation. (albeit on first writing it came off as me asking him if he knew the gun-toting flag waver.. i immediately edited.)

~Bang

13 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

An article from The New York Times in 2001 outlines the actions taken by former Smith & Wesson CEO Ed Shultz:

Last March, in an attempt to defuse lawsuits the company was facing from at least 29 municipalities that held handgun manufacturers responsible for violent crimes, Mr. Shultz entered into an agreement with the federal government. He said that Smith & Wesson would include locks on its handguns, research and implement ''smart-gun'' technology that would only allow the owner of a gun to operate it and improve the way retailers sold its products.

The NRA was beyond furious. It questioned his experience. Its members were told "that Smith & Wesson "became the first gun maker to run up the white flag of surrender and duck behind the Clinton-Gore lines."

The result was "a boycott by the National Rifle Association" that "made Smith & Wesson an industry outcast," the Times reported in 2006. Shultz left the gun maker by September.

http://www.businessinsider.com/smith-and-wesson-took-the-lead-on-safety-2012-12

Smart guns are where this is going imo. 

---------------------------------------------------

Two United States Senators -– Joe Manchin, a Democrat from West Virginia, and Pat Toomey, a Republican from Pennsylvania, both gun owners, both strong defenders of our Second Amendment rights, both with “A” grades from the NRA –- that’s hard to get — worked together in good faith, consulting with folks like our Vice President, who has been a champion on this for a long time, to write a common-sense compromise bill that would have required virtually everyone who buys a gun to get a background check. That was it. Pretty common-sense stuff. Ninety percent of Americans supported that idea. Ninety percent of Democrats in the Senate voted for that idea. But it failed because 90 percent of Republicans in the Senate voted against that idea.

http://time.com/4168056/obama-gun-control-speech-transcript/

I miss Obama so much ... 

As pointed out a gazillion times, a background check is a meaningless political stunt.  Out of the hundreds of mass shootings, how many would have been prevented by a background check? A couple maybe?

Yippee.

No thanks.  I dont need BS political crap designed to let a group of dbags claim they are doing something and therefor arent responsible for doing what needs to be done.

Show me a politician demanding real solutions and I'll back him.  If your interested in a typical political volleyball match, I 'll pass thanks.

6 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

School fires are probably a lot less deadly these days.

With modern sprinkler systems and construction they certainly are.

My school even had automatic fire doors

Just now, Springfield said:

So his father should be an accessory as well, considering that he didn’t have his weapons secured.

Behind all of these school shootings seems to be a parent who neglects to keep their weapons out of their children’s hands.

Absolutely.  He also probably knew his kid was unstable.

25 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

School fires are probably a lot less deadly these days.

Earlier on in the thread the locking of all school doors came up and i immediately thought of fires.

Sometimes it really does seem as if life is that old "I know an old woman who swallowed a spider" rhyme.

as far as dad,, hell yes. I think since we can't seem to get a hold on how to spot the loon before it's too late, start holding those who enable them severely accountable. Start to maybe change some of the behavior around these kids in the first place.

Always in these situations my first thought is 'how'd he get the gun'..   and if that is due to negligence..  bust the negligent party too. i would be in favor of laws to make penalties for enabling a killer to get a gun very very harsh.

Enforce accountability.  

~Bang

23 minutes ago, Bang said:

Settle down.

We ALL die inside is what you said.

No, we don't. Clearly, as illustrated by that guy. 

LBKs comment or any of TWAs comments on any subject are just that,, comments.. discussion, be they snarky or not. That other guy? That is well beyond any of what we all do here, no matter how passionately or furiously we may type.

Guys like that loon in the video live for this ****, they eat and sleep and breathe their anger towards their enemies all day. And because of that, today's shooting prompted in that guy an entirely irrational and dangerous response. He put on a trump hat. He got a gun. And a FLAG. he isn't dying inside,, he's screaming for attention from the rest of his brainwashed ilk.

My comment to TWA had nothing to do with it, it was a comment of concern to a fellow board member who i've been discussing these things with for over a decade who has family close by the situation. (albeit on first writing it came off as me asking him if he knew the gun-toting flag waver.. i immediately edited.)

~Bang

Fine, the vast majority of us.  So don't conflate that guy with twa.  Because that's beneath all of us.

It's like a play we put on (seemingly) daily where everyone already knows their lines and their places. It's the same damn show with the same damn ending and no one wants to be in it.And then we do it all again tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day, etc.

But like any show, it wouldn't be running if it wasn't making its backers a profit on their investment. It would have closed a long time ago and everyone would be doing something else.

But someone's making money of this show and until that well runs out - we're gonna back in our same spots, reading the same lines, hitting the same beats, over and over and over and over again.

2 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Students around the country should not attend school for the rest of this school year. Parents should back them on this.

It's mid-May anyway, most of them are jus sitting around waiting to get shot anyway, pull them out, call it a year.  For you year rounders, man, at least until your state takes a vote on something, DO SOMETHING!

1 hour ago, bearrock said:

If you think that those mf'ers showing up to troll the school shooting or creating the fake facebook or instagram page represents the vast majority of the people who disagree with you politically, might as well say **** the system, the votes, and the government and pick up a gun and just start shooting to see who wins.  

Preface: I hate doing this in this thread. 

The one side would win out of sheer luck nothing else.  Which one ? 

53 minutes ago, Bang said:

~Bang

I knew it was you. How do they let you still have internet access?  

~KH. 

8 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Students around the country should not attend school for the rest of this school year. Parents should back them on this.

I am going to need a much better explanation as to why. 

To me this is absurd and nearly damn impossible. 

I have several talking points about that, but I will wait for your clarification to even bother. 

Archived