Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Avengers Infinity War - HERE BE SPOILERS!

Springfield

I don't have an issue with building an X-Men franchise around Wolverine.  There was an animated series called Wolverine and the X-Men about ten years ago that was actually very good.  Wolverine can absolutely carry a franchise.  The problem is the X-Men movies just aren't very good.  They are replete with casting and direction mistakes, to the point where pretty much every casting choice except Hugh Jackman is horribly wrong.  And the whole tone of almost all of the movies is just so damn lame.  They're bad.

5 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I don't have an issue with building an X-Men franchise around Wolverine.  There was an animated series called Wolverine and the X-Men about ten years ago that was actually very good.  Wolverine can absolutely carry a franchise.  The problem is the X-Men movies just aren't very good.  They are replete with casting and direction mistakes, to the point where pretty much every casting choice except Hugh Jackman is horribly wrong.  And the whole tone of almost all of the movies is just so damn lame.  They're bad.

"Every" casting choice? You didn't like Famke Janssen as Jean Grey? I thought she was teriffic. Ditto Patrick Stewart as Professor X and Ian McKellan as Magneto.

Famke Jansen was ok, although I thought she was a little old and mellow for the role.  Same for Ian McKellan.  Patrick Stewart was born to play Professor X, I forgot about him.

McKellan is such a great actor that he made it work but I don't think he was right for the part and he limited the character

36 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Famke Jansen was ok, although I thought she was a little old and mellow for the role.  Same for Ian McKellan.  Patrick Stewart was born to play Professor X, I forgot about him.

McKellan is such a great actor that he made it work but I don't think he was right for the part and he limited the character

By the last one he was in, McKellan looked 100 years old.

But I thought Nicholas Hoult was a perfectly fine Beast.  And actually, Kelsey Grammer wasnt bad as Beast either.

On 5/2/2018 at 3:41 PM, stevemcqueen1 said:

It could have happened offscreen.

I bet it did.  Tony Stark withholds information frequently.  If you keep this part off screen then you preserve dramatic tension in your story-telling.

I think he didn't tell Stark because Tony would've argued with him because he'd want to the gauntlet to protect Earth, just my opinion, though.

On 5/9/2018 at 9:34 PM, ixcuincle said:

Just saw Deadpool yesterday it was hilarious. Wish Deadpool could help The Avengers. 

Now I'm imagining Deadpool getting caught in the snapture, then reforming almost immediately.

This is followed by Thanos spending all of Avengers 4 in a blind rage trying to kill Deadpool bc by surviving the snapture it meant that more than half the universe survived and therefore there wasn't balance.

Hilarity ensues.

Super random to think of this I’m sure it’s been talked about, but when the black girl from wakanda was trying to de code Vision while they were under attack. She seemed to achieve her goal and somehow slid out of the picture unharmed. Anyone else catch that. 

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Apologies if this has been discussed, but how'd Bucky Barnes end up in Wakanda?  I figured it would have been revealed somehow in Black Panther but I watched that recently and didn't see him at all.  

Post credit scene.  He was in Wakanda being healed.

10 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Apologies if this has been discussed, but how'd Bucky Barnes end up in Wakanda?  I figured it would have been revealed somehow in Black Panther but I watched that recently and didn't see him at all.  

Black Panther took him in at the end of Civil War and then in the post credit scene of Black Panther they dealt with him.  They called him the White Wolf, which was an allusion to the spymaster character for Wakanda from the comics.  That suggests that Bucky is going to live in Wakanda from now on and work for T'Challa.

4 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Black Panther took him in at the end of Civil War and then in the post credit scene of Black Panther they dealt with him.  They called him the White Wolf, which was an allusion to the spymaster character for Wakanda from the comics.  That suggests that Bucky is going to live in Wakanda from now on and work for T'Challa.

9 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Post credit scene.  He was in Wakanda being healed.

I'll have to go back and watch Civil War again.  A lot happens in that movie, definitely don't remember that.  

12 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'll have to go back and watch Civil War again.  A lot happens in that movie, definitely don't remember that.  

In Black Panther when they're bringing Ross into Wakanda to tend to his gunshot wound and Shuri says "Great!! Another broken white boy for me to fix" that's a reference to her already having fixed Bucky lol.

• 4 months later...

Ok, finally saw Infinity War....not impressed.

Overall, I guess I was disappointed. I didn’t buy that Thano’s motivation was some sort of draconian means of environmental stewardship. And that he was really just misunderstood.
I don’t like the cynical money grab of throwing nearly ever Marvel character in one film just to kill half of them off unceremoniously. 
The STUUUUPID way Star-Lord mucks up at the absolutely most critical point in all of galactic history.
It just seemed like this was Thanos’ movie and everyone else was there as an extra.

3 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

It just seemed like this was Thanos’ movie and everyone else was there as an extra.

In fairness, it basically was.  A lot of analysis talked about how the movie was very much "the hero's journey" (ticks off a lot of the boxes on the monomyth) only with the bad guy.

1 minute ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Ok, finally saw Infinity War....not impressed.

Overall, I guess I was disappointed. I didn’t buy that Thano’s motivation was some sort of draconian means of environmental stewardship. And that he was really just misunderstood.
I don’t like the cynical money grab of throwing nearly ever Marvel character in one film just to kill half of them off unceremoniously. 
The STUUUUPID way Star-Lord mucks up at the absolutely most critical point in all of galactic history.

It was Thanos' movie and he was the protagonist, and the directors stated so.

I think you missed the theater experience when this came out. This emotionally devastated audiences like no other. 

I take it you haven't seen the other Marvel movies then? The storylines dictated that all heroes would converge, thus the title and team name "Avengers". Can't have the team movie without the team.

All the individual Marvel movies and Avenger movies were about Thanos' ultimate endgame, which was achieved in Infinity War, building up the myth and dark mystery surrounding him movie by movie, until he arrives in the flesh.

The Avengers were supposed to take it on  the  the chin in this one. Natural give and take

54 minutes ago, Metalhead said:

It was Thanos' movie and he was the protagonist, and the directors stated so.

I think you missed the theater experience when this came out. This emotionally devastated audiences like no other. 

I take it you haven't seen the other Marvel movies then? The storylines dictated that all heroes would converge, thus the title and team name "Avengers". Can't have the team movie without the team.

Where was the Silver Surfer (constant adversary of Thanos)? And yeah, I’ve seen all the others, and I’m normally a big super hero movie fan. But I just felt a lot of this was unnecessary.

39 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Where was the Silver Surfer (constant adversary of Thanos)? And yeah, I’ve seen all the others, and I’m normally a big super hero movie fan. But I just felt a lot of this was unnecessary.

He's part of the Fantastic Four rights I think with Sony.

14 minutes ago, Larry said:

So, have any Marvel properties dealt with the ending of IW yet?  (Haven't seen Venom yet). 

Or all all their other properties just going to pretend it didnt happen (till IW2 comes out)?

From what I understand AntMan is before IW and is setting up the second one. Captain Marvel is eluded to at the end of IW so I assume her movie will be setting up her appearance in the next Avenger movie. Spiderman obviously will be taking place before IW.

All the rest I believe are slated for after the next Avengers.

14 minutes ago, Larry said:

So, have any Marvel properties dealt with the ending of IW yet?  (Haven't seen Venom yet). 

Or all all their other properties just going to pretend it didnt happen (till IW2 comes out)?

Venom is a prequel to IW. It’s the origin story. I think they’re all going to have to deal with it, or make adjustments accordingly (prequel etc)

Archived