Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins receiving corp is beginning to shape up

Burgold

11 hours ago, TK said:

Dez doesn't even know the playbook. The PS guys & the camp bodies that didn't make the team, do. And he sure as **** ain't going to play Teams.

And Jay's already seen the Me First diva antics when he first got here in a certain QB. 

This is the part that i've been hearing is the reason they wont even call.  Sims AND Quinn play ST, so we're gonna need to replace both of them in that aspect.  It's got a lot less to do with offensive contribution, than it does with ST.  

1 hour ago, skinsmania123 said:

I don't agree.  He is a good route runner and he is a perfect 3rd option WO. He had 573 yards last year with 12.7 Y/R.  It was actually a decent year for him given the number of targets.  

The thing with Dez is exactly what the cowboy fan said.  He has never developed as a reliable route runner, could be good in the RZ, but we have that already with Reed, Davis and I think Doctson. 

Ryan Grant is a good special teams player, and a decent option as a 4th WR. But is about as far as I go. But, for instance I think Harris is a better 4th WR option. And, to clear things up, the route running comment was directed at Doctson, not Grant. I know that Grant runs routes pretty well, actually.

58 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

If true, and I don't have strong reason to disbelieve it, then I change my vote to no thanks. The top thing we need is reliable routes from the downfield targets. 

I would say that Dez still does things that we need, like being a tough, physical receiver and going over the middle, better than anyone else we have. However, I can't say I'm a fan of bringing him in. I don't think he'll get the amount of targets here that he would want, and it might be a distraction.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

However, I can't say I'm a fan of bringing him in. I don't think he'll get the amount of targets here that he would want, and it might be a distraction.

Yeah, I have lost much interest too. The only way I was okay with it is if he takes a 1 yr deal with more incentives than meat. That way, if he wants to mouth off, he's sent packing that very day.

Sounds like they need a dude that plays STs anyway. Aside from that, the offense and QB probably benefits more from a WR that gets quick separation. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I wonder what the corresponding move is. Which of our guys was more likely to go to IR? 

My guess is which is hurt worse. Gruden said yesterday they would know more today. Quinn being a returner might be a bigger blow. I wonder, do we have anyone else on the 53 (besides Crowder) that can to punt returns? Or will have to looks specifically at the PS for someone that can?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I wonder what the corresponding move is. Which of our guys was more likely to go to IR? 

Good question.

Anyone know which of the two (Quinn vs Sims) has the more severe injury?

1 minute ago, Morneblade said:

My guess is which is hurt worse. Gruden said yesterday they would know more today. Quinn being a returner might be a bigger blow. I wonder, do we have anyone else on the 53 (besides Crowder) that can to punt returns? Or will have to looks specifically at the PS for someone that can?

You beat me to it! Hopefully, an announcement/press release by the team is forthcoming that will let us know what the confirmatory tests for each of them showed and the prognosis.

Edited by bird_1972
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

My hunch is that they kept Sims mainly because of potential (and not wanting to risk him to waivers), but still think he’s pretty raw.  Stashing him on IR therefore, might be a move they’re perfectly fine with.  

If we we're able to stash him on ir for the rest of the season, I'd be perfectly happy with that.  I didn't expect to get much wr production this year from Sims, but I do believe he has potential to be a good starting wr in the NFL over the long term, which is why I'm glad they hung onto him.  But my question is: if they put him on ir with an injury that would only keep him out 4-6 weeks, and by November he is healthy but we have already burned our 2 IR to return, can another team swipe him away from us?  bc that would suck, and if that's the case, I'd prefer to cut Keyes and carry 7 wr for a month or so until guys heal, and then we can part ways with quick again. Doesn't seem like there are teams looking to scoop him up.    

So are they simply not going to add any receivers now? Brian Quick is a good Special Teams guy. Receiver wise he is below average and won't help this receiver group. This team had only 3 healthy receivers last game. If they are thinking that they can get anything useful receiving wise out of BQ then I need some of what they are smoking. Last year he played in 11 games and caught 6 passes. BQ isn't going to help with the issues imo

33 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

So are they simply not going to add any receivers now? Brian Quick is a good Special Teams guy. Receiver wise he is below average and won't help this receiver group. This team had only 3 healthy receivers last game. If they are thinking that they can get anything useful receiving wise out of BQ then I need some of what they are smoking. Last year he played in 11 games and caught 6 passes. BQ isn't going to help with the issues imo

What's the alternative, though? No matter what side of the Dez debate you fall on, I find it extremely unlikely that the Skins bring him in. 

43 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

What is sad is that he is the posterboy for our WR group as a whole. With the Exception of Crowder,  it's JAG-City

• Like 1

Some of you should hope I can’t get the time to sit down & disect the insane amount of cluelessness you’ve been spewing. That same group should have their water tested because it’s like someone replaced it with stupid juice.

The rest on the the other hand, I’m sure already have their popcorn ready. :) 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TK said:

Some of you should hope I can’t get the time to sit down & disect the insane amount of cluelessness you’ve been spewing. That same group should have their water tested because it’s like someone replaced it with stupid juice.

Awesome, we're getting T.O.  Something something Snyder sucks something something it's Kirk's fault something something GMSM something something

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, TK said:

not sure if I should like this... or take it personally. 

• Haha 1

I hate when rookies get injured for the year, it's the absolute worst. When you're a 1st year player you're not entirely sure if you're going to cut it in the league if you haven't played a game, you need that confidence of knowing "I've dominated previously and need to get back to where I was" or something along those lines during the recovery process. I HATE this for Trey Quinn and Cam Sims. I also believe Doctsons rookie year is the reason why he isnt as good as he could have been. He was already old for a rookie, then he spent the 1st year injured with a nagging injury and the 2nd year he was probably still recovering and getting to game speed. Hes what, 26 now? To this date he's done absolutely nothing, rookie injuries completely delay the development process. I also think Doctson just doesnt have it in him to be great.

Lastly, I also cant think of a receiving corps (not including our TEs) worse than ours. Maybe Dallas? I would love to be proven wrong here and would eat a big ass plate of crow with a smile on my face in the process. 

I'm already taking a look at what WRs are coming out of the draft, we need a legit #1. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I hate when rookies get injured for the year, it's the absolute worst. When you're a 1st year player you're not entirely sure if you're going to cut it in the league if you haven't played a game, you need that confidence of knowing "I've dominated previously and need to get back to where I was" or something along those lines during the recovery process. I HATE this for Trey Quinn and Cam Sims. I also believe Doctsons rookie year is the reason why he isnt as good as he could have been. He was already old for a rookie, then he spent the 1st year injured with a nagging injury and the 2nd year he was probably still recovering and getting to game speed. Hes what, 26 now? To this date he's done absolutely nothing, rookie injuries completely delay the development process. I also think Doctson just doesnt have it in him to be great.

Lastly, I also cant think of a receiving corps (not including our TEs) worse than ours. Maybe Dallas? I would love to be proven wrong here and would eat a big ass plate of crow with a smile on my face in the process. 

I'm already taking a look at what WRs are coming out of the draft, we need a legit #1. 

Good point. This probably sets us up to draft a WR within the first 3 rounds next year.

• Like 1

It's only been one game and I see a lot of people are already giving up on Docston.

Nevermind he had arguably the best CB in football on him all game. Say what you will, but if opposing defensive coordinators put Patrick Peterson on Docston, that means they at least respect his physical ability.

Let's see how he performs against a garbage secondary like Indianapolis. If he struggles then, I'm all with you in throwing him to the curb for trash pickup.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1