Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins receiving corp is beginning to shape up

Burgold

2 hours ago, Ball Security said:

So glad Inman is IN, man ! And also practicing with the first team

Maybe Inman takes Sims Jr spot

It's too bad Cody Latimer could not be a part of this ; he really shot himself in the foot, didn't he ?

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

Hilton for the right price would be a major boon to any of the quarterbacks that could be behind center. He’s 31 and his projected market value is around 11.5M AAV. That’s a big number. But not astronomical and likely worth the cost. 

Allen Robinson is the ideal guy but he has a projected AAV of around 20 mil. Count me out. Godwin is a 18ish AAV... out there, too.

A steal could be Sammy Watkins, who has a projected 9.7M AAV. Corey Davis is the same. (Ironically in a vacuum you could get both of these guys for the same projected market value as you could get just Allen Robinson...)

Curtis Samuel would be a nice piece at 12 AAV.

Other names: Keelan Cole, Alex Erickson (slot for Cincy, had a big game last week) and Rashard Higgins (5.5M AAV!!).

Austin Mack is incredibly intriguing. But he, Allen Lazard among others are ERFA.

• Like 2

I’m firmly in the Curtis Samuel camp. Don’t think he will be anywhere near as expensive as you may imagine. My guess, 6-8mil per year average deal. I’ll go with 4/32mil max.

Then I’ll take one of either Corey Davis or JuJu. That’ll be more in the 10mil per year average.

On the basis I think we only really have Terry Mc of starting quality, might also have to consider dipping into that deep draft pool at receiver. 

Probably haven’t got the luxury of all those moves though. 

• Like 2

Unless we solve our QB situation early in the offseason, what FA WR of quality will want to come here?

We may have to eyeball trades really hard just to get an impact player at the position. Gaze hard at the teams that are struggling with the cap and start making offers for their wideouts.

On 1/1/2021 at 4:58 AM, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I’m firmly in the Curtis Samuel camp. Don’t think he will be anywhere near as expensive as you may imagine. My guess, 6-8mil per year average deal. I’ll go with 4/32mil max.

Then I’ll take one of either Corey Davis or JuJu. That’ll be more in the 10mil per year average.

On the basis I think we only really have Terry Mc of starting quality, might also have to consider dipping into that deep draft pool at receiver. 

Probably haven’t got the luxury of all those moves though. 

Crowder signed for 3/28.5.  Samuel is more explosive than Crowder is and that contract was 2 years ago.  Samuel is getting more than 4/32.  

31 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Crowder signed for 3/28.5.  Samuel is more explosive than Crowder is and that contract was 2 years ago.  Samuel is getting more than 4/32.  

I'm not so sure.  Perhaps you are right, subjectively, and I might even agree, but the stats don't bear that out.  Stats carry a lot of weight in contract negotiations.  "My client is better than his stats show" doesn't result in big contracts all that often.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2020 at 9:27 AM, KDawg said:

Hilton for the right price would be a major boon to any of the quarterbacks that could be behind center. He’s 31 and his projected market value is around 11.5M AAV. That’s a big number. But not astronomical and likely worth the cost. 

Allen Robinson is the ideal guy but he has a projected AAV of around 20 mil. Count me out. Godwin is a 18ish AAV... out there, too.

A steal could be Sammy Watkins, who has a projected 9.7M AAV. Corey Davis is the same. (Ironically in a vacuum you could get both of these guys for the same projected market value as you could get just Allen Robinson...)

Curtis Samuel would be a nice piece at 12 AAV.

Other names: Keelan Cole, Alex Erickson (slot for Cincy, had a big game last week) and Rashard Higgins (5.5M AAV!!).

Austin Mack is incredibly intriguing. But he, Allen Lazard among others are ERFA.

Man these options suck. Hilton looked absolutely washed for half the season until coming alive lately. But you're basically trying to squeeze 1-2 seasons out of him. Robinson will be a third contract guy, so I'd pass. Good player, but his last free agency was the right time to strike (instead Washington landed Richardson). Godwin will probably be tagged or re-signed, making it moot. Watkins is always hurt and may just retire. If you can't put up numbers with Mahomes, do you really want that? That might make Corey Davis the "best" option. Maybe Samuel? But it's scraping the barrel for something cost effective. The rest are just depth players at best. Not sure its worth signing those players for the value if they're not going to start.

If you take every single Tight End on our roster besides Thomas, and add up all their catches combined, and THEN multiply that combined number by 24, you'd have exactly the number of catches that Thomas had.

That's because Thomas had 72 catches. And of the 3 other TE's, they each had one reception.

And it's a tight competition for #2 TE, because of those 3 TE's that had one catch : one of them was for 1 yard, and one was for 2 yards, and one was for 3 yards.

Here's our total receptions for TE's

Thomas 72 catches 670 yards

Sprinkle  1 catch 3 yards

Hemingway 1 catch 2 yards

Baugh 1 catch 1 yard

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

If you take every single Tight End on our roster besides Thomas, and add up all their catches combined, and THEN multiply that combined number by 25, you'd have approximately the number of catches that Thomas had.

That's because Thomas had 72 catches. And of the 3 other TE's, they each had one reception.

And it's a tight competition for #2 TE, because of those 3 TE's that had one catch : one of them was for 1 yard, and one was for 2 yards, and one was for 3 yards.

Here's our total receptions for TE's

Thomas 72 catches 670 yards

Sprinkle  1 catch 3 yards

Hemingway 1 catch 2 yards

Baugh 1 catch 1 yard

I think we made a mistake letting the TE from Alabama get away.  Can't remember his name.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I think we made a mistake letting the TE from Alabama get away.  Can't remember his name.

By "get away", do you mean he was on our team at one time, and we let him go elsewhere ?

Or get away, by passing on him in the draft ?

I can't think of a player that matches the former description, but if you're taking about the latter, that must be OJ Howard. And if we picked him, we wouldn't have Jon Allen.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

By "get away", do you mean he was on our team at one time, and we let him go elsewhere ?

Or get away, by passing on him in the draft ?

I can't think of a player that matches the former description, but if you're taking about the latter, that must be OJ Howard. And if we picked him, we wouldn't have Jon Allen.

He was on our team in 2019 and we released him in 2020.   Hale Hentges is his name.

• Like 2

Logan Thomas is one of those one in a million players who actually plays much better and productive when he's with us, than he did with other teams. And he was with 5 other teams.

99% of the time it's the opposite - players do better with other teams, whether before or after they come here.

And is it a coincidence that this boost of career performance came in the exact same year that we had major turnaround in the organization, in the whole coaching staff, upper management, training staff, and cultural change ?

I don't think it's a coincidence.

On 1/2/2021 at 7:50 AM, mhd24 said:

I would be on the lookout for a lot of guys this offseason taking one year deals at or below what they would expect in a normal free agency. With the cap going down next year plus all the COVID stuff, teams can’t pay as much so I would expect guys to actually want short deals so they can bet on themselves and get a hefty long term deal on the backside of all this stuff in the hopes the cap goes back up in 2022. 

• Like 1

On 1/2/2021 at 7:00 AM, FootballZombie said:

Unless we solve our QB situation early in the offseason, what FA WR of quality will want to come here?

We may have to eyeball trades really hard just to get an impact player at the position. Gaze hard at the teams that are struggling with the cap and start making offers for their wideouts.

Well, I’m pretty sure upgrading QB with a legit veteran is probably high priority this off-season.  Especially considering how much $ will be saved against the cap when Alex Smith is cut.