Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alex Smith Trade Thread (Details Inside)

CRobi21

4 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

Smith is better than Cousins.

70 mil over 4 years is high (Hopefully 23.5 in first year, making remianing contract even cheaper), but still 15-20 mil less than what Cousins will be getting in that same period. 

Please be S'ua leaving.

I like the move if only a 3rd rounder.

We won't know who is better until we see how Smith plays on this team.

Thank ****ing christ this bull**** is over. Should have let kirk walk last year (when we lost all leverage ) and grabbed another average QB and another high end starter.

3rd rounder isn't bad either. Curious who else goes. Wonder if we can get anything for Reed. I'm sick of his **** too. It's hard rooting for our joke offense. 

I hate losing picks, but for a franchise QB for a couple years at a discount to the rediculous amount we have been spending? Absolutely. Maybe we can get back to average again.

1 minute ago, NewCliche21 said:

Give up on our first franchise quarterback in decades for a guy who's almost done, and VASTLY overpay him in the process.  We don't have the running game to support a statue like Smith.  And then we give up a third, too?!  AND A GOD DAMNED PLAYER?!?!?!

Very reactionary prediction for the season: 5-11.  Back to the drawing board.

I can't ****ing believe this.

alex smith isnt a statue.  Hes a better player for this offense.  

Kirk doesn't want to be here, get rid of him.  We dont need a QB who doesn't want to be here as teh leader of this team

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He wasn’t signing a deal here. And it probably would have taken 30+.  

Im going to be interested to see what he gets. 

This offseason. But this is just the final exclamation point on a 3 year blueprint of how to mismanage a QB contract 

i dont believe Bruce would pay him $27 anyway 

Just now, lavar1156 said:

Some of you guys need to get a grip. For all we know this is a 2 year deal with a team option for the final two. The guaranteed 70 mil could be paid in the first two years and then we can get out of it we want. 

35 million per year for the first two years is EXACTLY the argument that Cousins would take up too much cap space.  Now it's just Smith instead of someone with a future!

I am running on next to no sleep because of two sick babies, but god damn I hate this effing team's front office.  Its vision for the team is worse than Mr. Magoo's.

2 minutes ago, Redd said:

Alex Smith is cheaper.  Kirk is younger and better.  

I don’t think Kirk is better. Similar players. Smith throws a little better ball, makes fewer unforced errors. 

But both are middle tier QB and you generally need a better QB to be a consistent winner. Smith’s deal allows us to draft and groom a QB. With Kirk, we’d have been stuck in purgatory long term. 

I love this move. Skins just got slightly better next year, plus the 5 year prospects got a lot more upside. 

Just now, lavar1156 said:

Some of you guys need to get a grip. For all we know this is a 2 year deal with a team option for the final two. The guaranteed 70 mil could be paid in the first two years and then we can get out of it we want. 

They cant get a grip.  The media has spent the last two years coalescing fan resentment and personifying it in Kirk and his contract...something Kirk’s agent was happy to buy into.

They can’t go back.  The kool-aid has been partaken of heavily.  

3rd round pick for Smith is not bad at all and would cost way less than what we would had to pay Cousins. We will have the money now to resign Brown and make moves in Free Agency.  Like I said earlier I think we traded Sua Cravens cause didn't  Eric Berry tear his ACL?

Crazy thought. What if this is a ploy to resign Cousins after tendering him.

The fear is that a tender would cause another team to sign him to a front loaded contract which would negate the possibility of us matching.

However, this move deceives team from thinking we'd go after him. He signs a decent deal with someone else and we swoop in to match it. Then trade Alex away. 

If it isn't the case then we have to franchise Kirk and trade him for spare parts. No way can we let him walk without getting anything in return.

Archived