Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

XFL To Return In 2020

Dont Taze Me Bro

How many years will the XFL last?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. How many years will the new XFL last?

• 0 years - will never get started up in 2020
    • 1 year - will fold after one season just like the first time around
    • 2 years - will be slightly better than the first time, make it a second season, but fold after that
    • 3 years - better quality product, will go three seasons, but due to poor decisions (expansion, rule changes, etc.) will fold after that
    • 4+ years - solid product was developed and was successful for at least four seasons (or more) making it a success

Just saw a clip of the interview/conference call with Vince on The Will Cain Show, if I heard them correctly, they said the league would run from Jan - Feb.  (I'm guessing Jan 4th, 2020 through March 8th, 2020 regular season).  

Going head to head with the NFL playoffs.......probably not the best idea.  Also, Vince said nobody with a criminal record, even a DUI will play in his league.  Guess Johnny Football will still be watching from home.

I watched Vince's clip on ESPN.  His ideas about turning this over to the fans with a shorter game, less commercials (not sure how he plans on pulling that off) and other things are interesting.  There have been times when I've been at a game when it's a TV timeout and it's like what the **** is going on?  

But we watch the NFL for guys like Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers or someone new like Alvin Kamara.  XFL was goofy to begin with but the real issue there was that those guys just weren't good football players.

3 hours ago, Springfield said:

Make the XFL the super right wing version of the NFL and it’ll succeed.

Go on about cucks, betas, alphas, chads, and red pills.  Make everyone stand for the anthem, even sing along (at the parts you remember).  All athletes must open carry on the sideline.  Prayer after every touchdown.  No pads or helmet.  Whites only.

sounds like a blast!

I heard on sports talk radio on the way home that standing for the anthem will be required. Thought the same as you, since Linda's an R political nutbag. :ols:

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

I heard on sports talk radio on the way home that standing for the anthem will be required. Thought the same as you, since Linda's an R political nutbag. :ols:

Making players stand doesn't surprise me either, he's a control freak and has the last word.  IIRC, he did say he didn't want politics involved and that any players who want to make any statements/stands on any topic will need to do so on their own time.  At the end of the day, he's the sole boss, as he is the only owner and will own all 8 teams in the league.

I think the league will be more successful this time around.  He is taking two years to get everything together this time, which will include forming the teams and allowing them to practice, etc. which was one of the things that doomed the XFL the first time around.  Sounds like he is also listening to complaints by NFL fans in regards to the games taking too long to play as he said he wants faster games (2 hours being the ideal amount of time). 

I'm sure there will be some type of streaming options based on the success of the WWE Network.  I'm curious as to if any major networks will jump on board and pick up the games.  If the league starts in Jan. like he said, that's going head to head with the NFL playoffs and Super Bowl, if he continues with the old model and games are played on Sat/Sun.  I'm hoping for Friday Night games, maybe one Saturday noon game (or placing it before or after the NFL games).  

They need embrace aspects of wrestling that make it fun and exciting. Nobody cares about another football league. They need to provide something fresh. 

They should write storylines between teams, owners, coaches and players. Have the players feed into this stuff throughout the week afternoon practice and in press conferences just like the WWE promos only not so ridiculous. But f you stumble upon a ric flair or macho man, you just let them roll with it as well. 

So the strory aspect is fake but he acryal games are real and unscripted, true competition. Then based on those results we write new storylines and follow ups and looking forward to the rematch in week 8 etc. make it feel like a season of television with actual live and unpredictable competition thrown into the heart of it. 

Also, they should have entrance music with video packages. The best players are highlighted and enter alone, hopefully down a ramp etc. 

do something interesting otherwise it’s toast 

also, let nike give them pro combat uniforms and helmets like college. Their uniforms last time were absolute trash 

5 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

Competition creates a better product. AFL did it, USFL did it, XFL did it. 

Are you claiming the XFL, in its one year, made the NFL better?

Anyway, I thought I heard that Vince would like to start the 2020 season right after the Super Bowl.  I know the new Raiders stadium in Vegas is supposed to be ready by the start of the 2020 NFL season. Would be cool to play the first (and maybe only) XFL title game at the new stadium. 

16 hours ago, Springfield said:

Make the XFL the super right wing version of the NFL and it’ll succeed.

Go on about cucks, betas, alphas, chads, and red pills.  Make everyone stand for the anthem, even sing along (at the parts you remember).  All athletes must open carry on the sideline.  Prayer after every touchdown.  No pads or helmet.  Whites only.

sounds like a blast!

Makes one wonder if the anthem protests and Trump himself aren't the reasons for resurrecting this league 

21 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Please let Dan Snyder own the Washington franchise.  That'd be so awesome. 

If and only if there is no salary cap---maybe he can finally buy a championship.  The runaway salaries and Trump's insistence on moving to the fall were two of the big reasons the USFL died.

Excellent 30 for 30 on the USFL if you have not seen it.

http://www.espn.com/30for30/film?page=small-potatoes-who-killed-the-usfl

20 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Stripper cheerleaders!

Like they had in the movie the Replacements?

30D1cgdGjzjHVicHg2BKmvlBf9c.jpg

The XFL did improve the NFL in at least one way.  Pretty sure I read somewhere that the XFL was who invented the skycam, which is pretty much a staple of the NFL now.

I do think this might work if they kind of bleed football and wrestling together.  The football is real, but every team has a Hard Knocks type show going on, or maybe they just have one show with clips from all eight locker rooms.  Have players do promos if they want...I mean ****, how many of us **** about wanting players to say more than the usual canned responses they give reporters?  Let the players who can talk a good game own the microphone, maybe you get some gold out of it.

I think it would be amusing also if each roster had one dedicated spot for a WWE performer.  Can you imagine them throwing someone like Big Show in at DT for a series or two, for the hell of it?  Maybe towards the end if the outcome isn't in doubt?  I'm pretty sure several current WWE guys played football at a high level...I know the guy who plays Roman Reigns played in college, Brock Lesnar was in camp with the Vikings, Goldberg (I know age, these are just examples) played in the NFL, The Rock played at Miami, etc.  There have to be others.

25 minutes ago, Forehead said:

The XFL did improve the NFL in at least one way.  Pretty sure I read somewhere that the XFL was who invented the skycam, which is pretty much a staple of the NFL now.

I do think this might work if they kind of bleed football and wrestling together.  The football is real, but every team has a Hard Knocks type show going on, or maybe they just have one show with clips from all eight locker rooms.  Have players do promos if they want...I mean ****, how many of us **** about wanting players to say more than the usual canned responses they give reporters?  Let the players who can talk a good game own the microphone, maybe you get some gold out of it.

I think it would be amusing also if each roster had one dedicated spot for a WWE performer.  Can you imagine them throwing someone like Big Show in at DT for a series or two, for the hell of it?  Maybe towards the end if the outcome isn't in doubt?  I'm pretty sure several current WWE guys played football at a high level...I know the guy who plays Roman Reigns played in college, Brock Lesnar was in camp with the Vikings, Goldberg (I know age, these are just examples) played in the NFL, The Rock played at Miami, etc.  There have to be others.

None of that is going to happen.  Vince said it will not be affiliated with WWE and will not use gimmicks like they did in the past.  

6 hours ago, c slag said:

Makes one wonder if the anthem protests and Trump himself aren't the reasons for resurrecting this league 

I seriously doubt that anthem protests/Trump are the reasons Vince is going on a solo venture and putting in $100 million dollars of his own money in recreating the XFL.  Vince is a business man first, and while he has made some bad investments over the years (XFL, WWE Niagra Falls, WWF New York, etc.), he still is a billionaire today.  

He said yesterday that he is the sole owner this time around and if it fails or succeeds then he will know the only one responsible for either is himself.  Along with saying that it bothered him since the original XFL folded and he has always wanted to try again and is now doing so.  

I believe that, no reason not to.  He has the revenue to try again and improve on the product that failed him nearly 20 years ago.  He also said the current state of the NFL (ratings, protests, etc) did not influence his decision on making the announcement now.  I think that might be a stretch, but the league isn't relaunching until 2020, and he made the announcement roughly at the 2 year mark.  

47 minutes ago, Forehead said:

Correct. 

When it comes to TV production values, I don't think there's anyone out there that touches Vince. 

Archived