Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

Murph to the Cubs for INF Andruw Monasterio and a PTBNL or cash.  Adams to the Cardinals for cash.

19 minutes ago, skinswillwin06 said:

Curious to hear the Rizzo/Lerner spin/BS on this

Rizzo will say that both Murph and Adams are on expiring contracts...

I was OK with us not mortgaging our future to take a shot at one title because I thought we were going to retain our core for years to come. But lately it just feels like everyone is jumping ship and it's difficult to tell who is a priority, outside of the top tier prospects. 

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I was OK with us not mortgaging our future to take a shot at one title because I thought we were going to retain our core for years to come. But lately it just feels like everyone is jumping ship and it's difficult to tell who is a priority, outside of the top tier prospects. 

Outside of the top tier guys, you don't really have to. You can see how FA goes, what Harper decides to do, and you have the flexibility at that point to determine if you're contending or re-tooling next year. When you have young talent, you are in a good position to jump right in with two feet if a couple things go your way. 

1 hour ago, CRobi21 said:

Ballclub is gonna look totally different next year..

Which is a good thing. Robles and Kieboom in place of Murphy and Taylor. Have some combination of Soto/Robles/Harp/Eaton in the OF, if they are able to resign Harper. Even if they don't sign Harper, they still have a lot of depth.

Infield looks like Rendon/Turner/Difo or Kendrick/Zimm. Catcher, I'd love to have Grandal from the Dodgers, but not holding my breath. Rotation is still really good with Max and Stras headlining, Roark and Ross as the back end. Maybe sign Corbin, Keuchel, or another lefty.

Remember, many thought the window was closed in 2015 too.

Archived