Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

17 minutes ago, Metalhead said:

So...regarding Martinez for next season, do they keep him or give him the boot? It's looking like a damned if yo do, damned if you don't situation.

Manager and closer are the glaring spots on the Rizzo resume

seems to finally hit on a closer with Doolittle, but that manager spot has been a damned struggle.

The only argument for keeping Martinez is that it will look very very bad if he doesn't last more than a 1 season. He has no actual reasons for keeping the job on merit

29 minutes ago, Metalhead said:

So...regarding Martinez for next season, do they keep him or give him the boot? It's looking like a damned if yo do, damned if you don't situation.

If he said something after the first shutout, it didn't work.  If he said something after the second shutout, it didnt work, either. After the third, I don't think it matters because they are obviously tuning him out.

1UWH.gif

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Why is it every time the Nats struggle theres "clubhouse chaos?"

Because the last time we had a manager that could get everyone to sit down and STFU was Riggleman.  We really haven't had a manager to you could easily tell demanded discipline since

Only the Nats could put someone in a bad mood after winning 15-0. 

It's amazing what they can do when the stakes are low. When it's actually time to push ahead and gain some ground in the standings, they can't buy a run but now that they're a game under .500 on Aug. 27 - after getting shutout in two consecutive games and losing a series against the Mets of all teams - oh, now they light up the scoreboard. 

On 8/26/2018 at 6:35 AM, skinfan2k said:

Alright guys it was nice talking to you this season, I'll see you in the stadium 

Why subject yourself to that nightmare? The Capitals 2018-2019 thread is open and preparing for a banner raising.

I should've known the Nationals were doomed back in May when Madson blew that lead to the Mets ... I was there and absolutely livid.

3 hours ago, Sticksboi05 said:

Why subject yourself to that nightmare? The Capitals 2018-2019 thread is open and preparing for a banner raising.

I should've known the Nationals were doomed back in May when Madson blew that lead to the Mets ... I was there and absolutely livid.

i guess because its the next active sports team in this area and the caps season is thru April.  i would be more concerned with skins before caps 

Philly is so completely overrated. Nola and Hoskins are their only real threats. Herrera and Franco are having career years. Hernandez is decent, not great, Santana is having a terrible year, Arrieta is good, but not worth that contract. The rest of that rotation is terrible.

What scares you about Philly? 

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Philly is so completely overrated. Nola and Hoskins are their only real threats. Herrera and Franco are having career years. Hernandez is decent, not great, Santana is having a terrible year, Arrieta is good, but not worth that contract. The rest of that rotation is terrible.

What scares you about Philly? 

Three words: MONEY TO BURN

Archived