Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

3 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

I did it when you didnt need to be obsessed about it

Yeah, that too. I'm the type of cat that'll always marinate on stuff for a bit, but the moment you start beating me over the head with it m, I automatically shut down. That probably happened around '06 when I started college and was exposed to sports talk radio on the regular, and eventually I just was like "Do any of you people enjoy life?"

Just seemed like every conversation devolved into something involving fantasy football, like some stalker/crack addict ****.

Clean bet(s) or watch the game, imo. I can't imagine (At least back then, before you could do everything with the tap of your finger) scouring the interwebs with a big ass laptop looking for Steven Jackson's statline/injury report/opponent/defensive statistics.

My god, sounds like an awful existence.

I'm so burnt out on fantasy football too...and now it's not the only place to get that rush it used to provide. I can play FanDuel when I'm up for it and just concentrate on the Skins when I'm not. 

I haven't enjoyed the drafts, the transactions, the waiver wire, etc. in years. I'm only still in the leagues I am for the ****-talking and the fact that I've been doing it with these two groups of friends for 15+ years each. 

46 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

What sucks is the NL is super weak this year. If there was ever a year to get out of the NLDS, this would have been it. Even if we were a Wild Card team.

For sure - all the power lies in the American League. They are a league of extremes - for better and for worse (see: Oreos and Royals). Outside of the Central Division (who might claim the top seed and both WC spots), the whole National League is an absolute mess of teams falling over each other and crawling to the finish. 

Archived