Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

I know I come off as a loser for this, but the entire 69 joke thing over the past couple days leading up to yesterday got SO irritating. When the official Twitter handle of the team is referencing the joke that ran its course on Twitter like 2 years ago, it seems like maybe we have overplayed that hand. 

OK, back to your regularly scheduled posts. 

I know, it's a tired, old joke but I need something to justify investing my entire spring and summer to following this wretchedly disappointing team and giving the Lerner Family hundreds of my hard earned money so they could be just that much wealthier than I'll ever be in multiple lifetimes. 

It ain't gonna be a World Series - it might not even be a .500 season - so I might as well have this sophomoric joke that'll probably end before midnight tonight. That and seeing if Juan Soto will end the season hitting at or better than .300. 

8 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

Davey Martinez, in a MUST win game

Must win? Come on. This is the equivalent of Spring Training.

13 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

Fitting that we went .500 in that span. 

That's all this team seems to be able to muster.. Likely be .500 at the end of the year too.

It'll be fun to watch the Braves get destroyed by whomever wins the NL West. It'll be their 9th straight playoff series loss. 1 short of the MLB record.

This year is a bust. I agree that they should keep Davey. Can't keep turning over managers like that. However, he needs to upgrade a few of his main coaches on staff. 

Unrelated

Nashville isn't a bad idea. They are close enough for a direct flight. I still think the Nats should create a new team and own it themselves. Whether that be Nashville, or in WV, or Western PA (Johnstown has an old stadium that should be replaced).

2 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Nashville isn't a bad idea. They are close enough for a direct flight. I still think the Nats should create a new team and own it themselves. Whether that be Nashville, or in WV, or Western PA (Johnstown has an old stadium that should be replaced).

They should build a park at One Loudoun and have their AAA team there. The Hounds were supposed to be an Independent League team (AAA equivalent), the stadium had already been approved, and it would be easy distance for call-ups...

2 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

They should just buy the Blue Crabs in SoMd....that team is in an unaffiliated minor league. Plus the stadium is brand new and within 40 mins of Nats Park.

10 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

They should build a park at One Loudoun and have their AAA team there. The Hounds were supposed to be an Independent League team (AAA equivalent), the stadium had already been approved, and it would be easy distance for call-ups...

I was SO excited when the Hounds were announced. Good idea. 

1 hour ago, Popeman38 said:

Heard a very solid inside source that said the deal was in place for the Potomac Nationals to come to one loudoun.  All terms worked out, due dilagance, everything.

But the Lerner's veto'd it.  

Cant blame them. They saw that less then 5% of people that go to Nats games are from the woodbridge area, but about 30% or higher is from western farifaix /  loudoun country area.  As much as I wish it would have happened -I cant say they are wrong.

I would 100% give up my nats season tickets and go to more minor league games if they were in one loudon.  

Archived