Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

My favorite line in that article

“I love it, because it’s like, what do people talk about all the time?” he said. “ ‘Oh, he doesn’t want to be there. He wants to go here. He wants to go there.’ Really? I didn’t know that. Thanks for telling me. I appreciate it.”

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

An OF of Soto-Robles-Harper? Yes, please.

Yes to this.  Mostly.

Adam Eaton is a solid player under a long term, affordable contract. He's a spark plug that teammates seem to love.  I'd hate to see him go.  Robles might be 1/2 year to 1 year away from full time starting.

What I'd like to see long term is to sign Harper and groom him to replace Ryan Zimmerman at first base when Zim retires.

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Or Soto. Neither are particularly good OFers 

Yep that’s been my thought too. Harper is a better OF than Soto though, so I’d rather try to convert Soto if possible. After Zimmerman’s contract is up next year, re-sign him for a team friendly backup 1B deal. Hopefully keep him around on spot duty and keep him healthy until he retires. 

Adding: I’d be tempted to try Soto out part time at 1B next year even if Harper leaves. 

Bryce's comments have elicited some interesting reponses from various fanbases:

"Of course he would say that. All free agents say those things".

"He's a Cub. Deal with it Nats fans".

"The Lerners don't have the bank to pay Harper".

"He's overrated anyway. Keep him".

""Why the **** would he want to stay in D.C.?"

How do y’all feel about today possibly being Bryce Harper’s last home game at Nats Park?  I know it’s a 4:05 start today, but I gotta imagine that the place will be packed and cheering Bryce on every at bat.  It is kind of bittersweet for it to end like this, but I’m really interested to see how this whole thing plays out this offseason.

3 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Bryce's comments have elicited some interesting reponses from various fanbases:

"Of course he would say that. All free agents say those things". -- Fairly accurate. No way he'd denigrate DC at this point

"He's a Cub. Deal with it Nats fans". -- After signing Darvish, Heyward, and having Bryant, Rizzo, Baez et al coming in 2-3 years?

"The Lerners don't have the bank to pay Harper". -- Oh, but they do.

"He's overrated anyway. Keep him". -- He's probably underrated at this point

""Why the **** would he want to stay in D.C.?" -- He loves it here, dumbass

I personally like that last comment. I am going to guess Braves fan was the 2nd to last, Mets fan the last

Archived