Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

Dusty was a possible solution to making this particular season less bad, but we weren't going to win a championship with him. I'm not saying he's a loser, he wins an awful lot, but he wasn't the guy to help a bunch of talented underachievers reach their potential in the playoffs. 

10 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

It's been over for months. Changing of the guard...

I wonder if this year is a sign of things to come with how well ATL and PHI are playing.  Nats could be the 3rd best or worse team in the division for a while depending on how FA goes and other things with management

1 hour ago, SAli457180 said:

I wonder if this year is a sign of things to come with how well ATL and PHI are playing.  Nats could be the 3rd best or worse team in the division for a while depending on how FA goes and other things with management

Philly has played way over their heads this year--and Atlanta has been getting those flukey contributions from Anibal Sanchez, Charlie Culberson, Kurt Suzuki, Tyler Flowers, John Carmago. 

2 hours ago, SAli457180 said:

As an outsider, I don't think so. I think it's quite possible that the new normal is a 3-team race and something you guys haven't had to deal with too often. But I don't see anything either of those teams have that would make me think that the Nats should concede the division and battle for wild cards coming up. You guys simply have too much talent and could easily be a 100-win team next year. 

Honestly, this season was great for one reason. We found out Juan Soto is a beast.  I would have felt uncomfortable if we went into next season trying to figure out what we had to do between MAT, Soto, Robles and Eaton.  It possibly made our decision much eaiser for Harper leaving.  We could possibly found out about other arms in the bullpen.  

I'm not even sure the to say towards our window being closed when most of our best players that we all want to keep are in their 20s.  Our days as WS favorites may be over, but so we're the caps supposed to be before they win the whole thing.  Jus keep pushing, don't nuke it

On 8/14/2018 at 9:30 AM, Mr. Sinister said:

Oh I know. I was talking to God there

I'm convinced God stays out of sports as much as he can because too many people praying against each other.  

"The voicemailbox is full and cannot accept anymore messages. Goodbye."

9 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

The window argument is so lame.  I can name you teams that won the WS, superbowl when their window wasn't even open, wide open or already closed. 

We still have a lot of talent here, and, more coming. For all the people ****ing about Rizzo, he is a terrific GM. We'll be fine.

Archived