Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

18 hours ago, Poindexter said:

Who else is going to rush the passer from the linebacker position?  Kerrigan will be 31 years old and he is not going to play forever.  Ryan Anderson is a bull rush linebacker who can't cover.  We need Preston Smith.  He was outstanding last year and he had a bit of a down year.  

It would be much easier to replace Jamison Crowder than Preston Smith.  I like the versatility Jamison provides with punt returns, playing the slot....but I think Trey Quinn can do the same thing.  We don't have anyone on the roster who can do what Preston does, besides Kerrigan.

Uh, anybody.  Pernell McPhee/McKinzy cant get to the QB 4 times playing 80% of the snaps like Smith?

I mean, we've got 7-8 LBs and none of them can cover.  But they're LBs, not DBs, most LBs cant cover.  Unless you wanna have a LB corps of hybrid S/LB types out there.

And converted college DEs most certainly wont be good cover guys.

Didnt know where to put this honestly, but I saw where Grudens advocated for Reed to return in 2019. While that could mean any number of things under the surface, I truly hope this team stops coveting fragile/bargain bin players with injury/potentially degenerative issues. Its one of many ways you constantly  end up with an absurdly banged up team year after year.

I'd like to see us bring in JT Barrett. The Saints have been bouncing him on and off their PS the entire season and just released him again. 

JT Barrett, undrafted out of OSU

23 years old

OSU Career - 4 years

9,434 yards passing

104 touchdowns, 30 interceptions (63.5 completion percentage)

3,263 rushing yards

43 rushing TD's

On 11/27/2018 at 2:31 PM, rumplestilskin said:

His GF actually admitted during trial that she had accused her previous boyfriend of DV as well as Foster. So she has a history of doing that and from what is being reported Fosters lawyers will use her past testimony and credibility against the case and get it thrown out.

Puff my chest. lol

Listening to various Redskins podcasts over the past couple weeks, it seems like everyone in the media is worried about the hole at safety. When you look at the list of free agents, you shouldn't be at all.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/safety/

If the market for safeties from last year holds, you will be able to get 2 starters for the price of how much DJ is going to cost the Cardinals next year. Iloka and Boston would be two solid pickups you could get for a combined $4M a year. Iloka/Boston/Nicholson/Everett/Apke isn't spectacular but is rock solid and deep

Am in the Tank for Tua mode in 2019, so Bruce do the bargain basement throwaway FAs again, this time I won't fight it -- I got your back on it...

JJ Wilcox 3 years 6 million. 

Jordan Matthews 3 years 7 million

Resign Shawn Lauvao.

Get it done!

Listening to Keim just now, sounds like they are hot to bring back Crowder, he's a major resign target.   They'd like Preston back but might not be able to afford him.  Looks like Zach Brown is slam dunk gone and that was the case even before the Foster stuff.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Am in the Tank for Tua mode in 2019, so Bruce do the bargain basement throwaway FAs again, this time I won't fight it -- I got your back on it...

JJ Wilcox 3 years 6 million. 

Jordan Matthews 3 years 7 million

Resign Shawn Lauvao.

Get it done!

Listening to Keim just now, sounds like they are hot to bring back Crowder, he's a major resign target.   They'd like Preston back but might not be able to afford him.  Looks like Zach Brown is slam dunk gone and that was the case even before the Foster stuff.

One would think it's time to move on from lauvau..rather replacing him in the draft or a good free agent...what was his injury again?..any idea how he's coming along?

5 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

One would think it's time to move on from lauvau..rather replacing him in the draft or a good free agent...what was his injury again?..any idea how he's coming along?

Agree but like I said I am in a tank for Tua mood so I am not going to fight Bruce's worst instincts anymore I am supporting them now, for a one time ride in 2019. 😉

1 hour ago, method man said:

Listening to various Redskins podcasts over the past couple weeks, it seems like everyone in the media is worried about the hole at safety. When you look at the list of free agents, you shouldn't be at all.

If the market for safeties from last year holds, you will be able to get 2 starters for the price of how much DJ is going to cost the Cardinals next year. Iloka and Boston would be two solid pickups you could get for a combined $4M a year. Iloka/Boston/Nicholson/Everett/Apke isn't spectacular but is rock solid and deep

lots of people think the Skins are at the point where you only get people by massively overpaying and they don't have the cap room to massively overpay

2 hours ago, method man said:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap3000000489200/Collins-on-Redskins-I-will-always-be-a-fan

The stars may be aligning for another Bama Boy to come to DC.  Landon Collins is a huge Redskins fan and says he will always be a Redskins fan.  If we are going to pay a safety I would much rather have Collins than HaHa.

Collins would be a nice piece to add.  

I think we could fit Collins, AP and Crowder under our cap. 

While I think we can find a decent guard, and a pretty good edge rusher and receiver in the draft, we’re still left needing a qb...

Random note - I really hope Gruden has taken note that ‘lax practices’ haven’t done a damn bit of good for our injury situation and he swings the other way.  

21 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Is tua coming.out in this draft?

2020.  If the FO keeps the obsession with Alabama, why not go for their biggest star and get a likely franchise QB.  

The QB position is mess.   you might know better than the beat guys since if I recall you know some of his family but they are saying Alex is unlikely back in 2019, they suggest 2020 or he retires.  Colt is brittle as heck be lucky if he makes it 6 games.  And I don't think they are loaded enough elsewhere to have a good year in 2019 and overcome the QB position.  Maybe I'll change my mind after FA and the draft but that's how I see it now.

So I am not going to whine about Bruce's typical modest FA crop and bargain basement tendencies.  If they are headed to 7-9, I'd rather just go 3-13.  Forgetting Tua, its just looking insanely loaded with prospects especially at positions of need like WR. 

https://www.redskins.com/news/redskins-sign-russell-hansbrough-darius-james-to-reserve-future-contracts

Thursday, Jan 03, 2019 04:59 PM

Redskins Sign Russell Hansbrough, Darius James To Reserve/Future Contracts

/assets/images/imported/WAS/photos/2013-NEW-SIZE-THUMBNAILS/13-GENERIC/Redskins-genericv.png
Redskins Public Relations 

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have made the following roster move:

The Redskins signed the following players to a Reserve/Future contract:

• RB Russell Hansbrough
  • T Darius James

•  

Fans tend to assume the team will cut players just to save $$. But that’s not the case and this team hasn’t been breaking the bank in FA the last few years to require said cuts or reworked contracts.

case and point Jordan reed and Norman. TEs take a year or two to draft and groom. Not many quality TE hit the FA market. You vastly downgrade TE by cutting Reed without having an obvious replacement. For Norman, I’d argue you need a veteran CB to come in in FA to start while your young guys continue to grow while maybe going CB in R2-3 of the draft. But if that’s the case, I think you keep Norman ... he’s here, knows the system, and I think is respected despite what fans think of him. I don’t see him being a casualty for the sake of saving some $$. CBs are expensive. 

Vernon Davis and Zach Brown would save a combined $10 million though and I think make sense. 

Preston Smith will command $9-10 million per year. Crowder likely $6-8 million per year. I think many here forget how middle tier FAs are now massively overpaid.

I think we go hard for Safety and EDGE depth in FA and address WR LG EDGE in the draft. 

I think we miss out on Smith and unless we get a Dee Ford type in FA we are gonna have to get one early in the draft. 

Think I worked out we have about $17 million in pure cap for FA or major re-Signs which factoring in for the lower y1 cap hits should be enough to bring back or sign a few impact players. And that’s without cutting anyone like a Norman and Reed. Just Davis and Brown.

$33 million after rollover and cuts of Brown and Davis. $5 million for draft pool. $10 million to take into the season (matches trend of last couple years). that leaves about $18 million to spend on your free agent class. 

Archived