Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

2 hours ago, carex said:

out of the first completely?  It'd take a lot for me to be willing to do that. Like second third and fourth

I would want a second this year and next years 1st for that kind of move.  Having 2 firsts would make us real players in next years draft but sadly I don't think we are in a good enough position this year to get calls.  Maybe if Arizona is desperate they may make that deal so that they can take their pick this year along with ours and turn around and offer it to the Browns to get up to number 4 as there appears to be a race developing with the Bills now that Cleveland, Denver and the Jets are almost nailed on to get the first 3 QBs off the board.

2 hours ago, skinsfan66 said:

Then that makes it that much harder to find a nose tackle.  If you can get one with out using your first pick in the draft? 

Depends on what you are looking for.  The athletic fat boys that can play in different fronts can go in the first round but if we just wanted to add a pure NT who is only going to see the field when we are in a base 3-4 alignment then you can get decent guys in the 3rd and 4th rounds.  My feeling is that Tomsula and Manuskey like to change things up a lot and don't want the limitations of a pure NT which is why Hankins would be a great fit for the scheme but again only at the right price as this is a good draft to be looking for a guy with that skillset.  

5 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

At what point do you abandon the 3-4, when you realize you've been searching fruitlessly for seemingly over a decade for the right NT ?

when you aren't in a situation where shifting to a 4-3 leaves both your ends undersized, or your LBs mishandled

If the Skins ever get into a situation where they only use on pass rushing LB like the Giants with LT or the 9ers with Charles Haley and the LB on the opposite side is more in the coverage/ run stopping mold we're on the way back to a 4-3.  Till then, tough

10 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

At what point do you abandon the 3-4, when you realize you've been searching fruitlessly for seemingly over a decade for the right NT ?

Not with this coaching staff. Only makes sense if we start over again next year. I'm half rooting for it already. 

Edit: Not bc I want to switch back to a 3-4. I think our personnel is a better fit for what we have now than going back to the 4-3, minus a NT. 

12 hours ago, carex said:

Man, you need to analyze the team more if you're really reacting like that to it's moves.  Tere was no excuse to draft WR with Doctson that year except Garcon, Jackson or both leaving the next year.  In fact we desperately needed DL, which is why we needed to go for two bodies the next year.  After all it's not like we knew Allen was falling to us

Can you explain to me which of these reactions caused you to think I need to analyze the team more?

Drafting Doctson - happy

Losing Garçon and Jackson - unhappy

Drafting Fuller and him planning out - happy

Trading away Fuller - unhappy

Signing McGee and McClain, and playing Hood at NT - not excited

Drafting Allen and Ioannidas stepping up - happy

I mean, it seems you’ve decided on the unpopular role of Defender of the FO, and I applaud you for that, but I’m not sure I said anything that merits condescension.  

I’ll tell ya’, if you didn’t like that, you’re really going to want to look down on me for this...

It wouldn’t surprise me in the least if Allen decided to let the receivers go because he wanted Kirk to crash and burn.  He wasn’t sold on Kirk, was mad that Kirk upstaged Griffin, hated that Kirk was a reminder of his failure with Griffin, hated the money he was paying Cousins, and didn’t get along with his agent.  He needed an out and thought turning Kirk into the villain was the best way to proceed.   

It’s a crazy conspiracy theory angle for sure, but man... so much fits - Scot and Gruden having to argue for Kirk to start, the PSA msg about Kirk turning down the contract, the botched negotiations, the reports of Allen not being sold on Kirk, trading valuable assets for Smith, reports of Allen’s ego and the resulting move from GM to President to de facto GM... I could go on, but eh, you get the idea.  

Anywho... as I said, I think we’re on an emotional yo-yo, and it sure seems that Allen is that yo-yo.  

4 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

The right NT(Hankins) fell into there hands on Monday, but the Clown(Allen) didn't sign him.

HTTR 

1 hour ago, markmills67 said:

The right NT(Hankins) fell into there hands on Monday, but the Clown(Allen) didn't sign him.

HTTR 

The right NT that will be on his third team in three years ... and when you pay everything a free agent anything he wants then you have no money to pay your players so you cool with letting Smith/ sheriff / crowder walk to get the name of the moment ? 

5 hours ago, skinny21 said:

Can you explain to me which of these reactions caused you to think I need to analyze the team more?

Drafting Doctson - happy

I mean, it seems you’ve decided on the unpopular role of Defender of the FO, and I applaud you for that, but I’m not sure I said anything that merits condescension.  

I’ll tell ya’, if you didn’t like that, you’re really going to want to look down on me for this...

It wouldn’t surprise me in the least if Allen decided to let the receivers go because he wanted Kirk to crash and burn.  He wasn’t sold on Kirk, was mad that Kirk upstaged Griffin, hated that Kirk was a reminder of his failure with Griffin, hated the money he was paying Cousins, and didn’t get along with his agent.  He needed an out and thought turning Kirk into the villain was the best way to proceed.   

It’s a crazy conspiracy theory angle for sure, but man... so much fits - Scot and Gruden having to argue for Kirk to start, the PSA msg about Kirk turning down the contract, the botched negotiations, the reports of Allen not being sold on Kirk, trading valuable assets for Smith, reports of Allen’s ego and the resulting move from GM to President to de facto GM... I could go on, but eh, you get the idea.  

Anywho... as I said, I think we’re on an emotional yo-yo, and it sure seems that Allen is that yo-yo.  

It is a crazy conspiracy theory ... and I am just going to leave it at that ... but did you know in the 90s the government replaced every 4th pet fish with a CIA robot fish so they could spy on US citizens ? Crazy ? Maybe but not as crazy as your thing you just posted ... :) 

5 hours ago, skinny21 said:

Drafting Doctson - happy

Garçon wasn’t worth 16 mill a year and Jackson fell off the face of the earth last season.  

24 minutes ago, bedlamVR said:

The right NT that will be on his third team in three years ... and when you pay everything a free agent anything he wants then you have no money to pay your players so you cool with letting Smith/ sheriff / crowder walk to get the name of the moment ? 

I understand were your coming from mate, but non of the other players can stop the run, we could have a great offense but if the opposition are running for 200 yards a game you are going to end up with between 7/9 wins a year. 

Also the Giants couldn't afford to pay everybody on defense in 2016, and the Colts have gone to a 4-3 so Hankins doesn't fit there scheme. 

HTTR 

15 hours ago, Burgold said:

They can't change his acceleration by much. Kelley, unfortunately, lacks speed, shiftiness, and power. He just does everything okay. I figure the team doesn't believe in Bibbs because of how vocal they have been about the need to fix the running game. So, I want someone who has the potential for greatness. I feel right now that our backs max out at pretty good

If you really looked at all the other backs around the league it's pretty clear that neither Kelly or Perine are anything close to "pretty good".  To me that means above average, these guys are not only below average they are right near the bottom of the league as far as starting RBs.  

This is just as big of a need as DL. But that does not mean I want them to spend the 13th pick in the draft on one when DL are so much harder to find.  The argument that Vea would only play on 2 downs is a legit argument. But the last time I checked, even in today's NFL,  coaches still say the key to the game is running the ball and stopping the run and this team sucks at both.  They never seemed to  convert 3rd and short and equally importantly they rarely stopped them as well.  

1 hour ago, bedlamVR said:

It is a crazy conspiracy theory ... and I am just going to leave it at that ... but did you know in the 90s the government replaced every 4th pet fish with a CIA robot fish so they could spy on US citizens ? Crazy ? Maybe but not as crazy as your thing you just posted ... :) 

I hope you're serious because I just flushed all my daughter's fish just in case. 

20 minutes ago, Bang said:

Curious Benny Logan's name hasn't even been whispered in connection with a visit.

Dude must seriously overvalue himself.

~Bang

Either that or they just don't like something about him. I fully expected his name in the conversation.

13 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Fallback option is my guess, signing him also negates one of our 2019 comp picks as things stand. 

Totally forgot about them, you're correct.

Stuck between the Postons and comp picks...damnit!

4 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Totally forgot about them, you're correct.

Stuck between the Postons and comp picks...damnit!

I don't think your going to see a Bennie Logan signing either.  It's VERY apparent that Allen is getting what he can get for the players that are leaving this year on FA deals to other teams.  I think that's been his plan for awhile now before FA started.  Might be part of the plan of not getting any real compensation for KC.

Archived