Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

Would love to sign a LG at some point that’s a little more proven than relying on the UDFA and leftovers we have, even if it’s Lavauo.  Excluding a move there by Nsheke. These guys (Nsheke, Trent, and Morgan) aren’t gonna be full goes till TRaining camp and even then they’ll prob be eased in. 

Who is a real option and or upgrade?

3 hours ago, justice98 said:

I don't know, it's all provided Payne and Settle are as good as advertised.  

Paynes floor is Hankins. A two down player in a league that continues to be about passing. 

If Payne becomes Hankins, it will be disappointing. He must be able to rush the passer to have great value and worth 1st round pick in today’s NFL. 

**Fascinating nugget, the Skins finished dead last in rushing yards allowed last year, but would’ve been top 5 in year 2000 with yards allowed in 2017.

A total different game these days. 

1 hour ago, wit33 said:

Paynes floor is Hankins. A two down player in a league that continues to be about passing. 

If Payne becomes Hankins, it will be disappointing. He must be able to rush the passer to have great value and worth 1st round pick in today’s NFL. 

**Fascinating nugget, the Skins finished dead last in rushing yards allowed last year, but would’ve been top 5 in year 2000 with yards allowed in 2017.

We had our top 2 lineman Allen and Loannidis injured for most of the season, we were near the top in rush yards allowed with them starting. If you take the top 2 lineman out of any team it's not going to be good.

HTTR 

6 hours ago, markmills67 said:

We had our top 2 lineman Allen and Loannidis injured for most of the season, we were near the top in rush yards allowed with them starting. If you take the top 2 lineman out of any team it's not going to be good.

Not just our two top DL, but both our starting middle LBs (Brown and Foster) were hurt in the season as well. When the entire interior of your defense is injured or out, your rushing defense will suffer.

This draft was not just about getting good  run stuffers, it was about getting better depth so that if (God forbid) injuries happen, the Redskins will be better equipped  to deal with them.

1 minute ago, SkinsGuy said:

Not just our two top DL, but both our starting middle LBs (Brown and Foster) were hurt in the season as well. When the entire interior of your defense is injured or out, your rushing defense will suffer.

Not just our top two DL and both our starting middle linebackers, but our starting safety as well. The entire middle of the field was gutted.

8 hours ago, markmills67 said:

HTTR 

No doubt. 

Im one who thinks run defense in today’s NFL is overrated. A lineman must be able to do both to have good value these days. 

The Skins allowed just 1500 yards last season, earning a #32 ranking. Allowing the same amount of yards in  year 2000 (1500 yards) would’ve ranked them in the top 5. 

1 hour ago, SkinsGuy said:

This draft was not just about getting good  run stuffers, it was about getting better depth so that if (God forbid) injuries happen, the Redskins will be better equipped  to deal with them.

Further, Nicholson, a decent run defender himself, went down forcing Swear to play a different game.

McClain signed a "four-year, $21 million" contract last year which reportedly included guaranteed money this season, but ESPN's John Keim reports McClain's $3.25 million base salary was not guaranteed. Either way, McClain is looking for work following a lackluster one-year stop in Washington. DL A.J. Francis was also cut

11 hours ago, wit33 said:

I would still take Vince Wilfork in the 1st round if my team had issues stopping the run.

9 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Hood might be next.

Hope so...Think Settle is more of a project short term, so in my opinion you go get Hankins.

Hankins, Payne, Allen, Ion Man, Settle, plus the best of the rest. 

All young, very little money invested in the group as a collective. 

Dominant DL in a division with Zeke and Barkley. 

15 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Hood might be next.

Hope not but he may be. I consider him a leader in the locker room and our only real vet on the D line. He has a 1.7M cap hit this year but may be a cut candidate bc his dead money is less than 200k. 

Also a numbers game:

Allen

Payne

Ionnidis

Settle

McGee

Lanier

Hood or Phil Taylor

I dont see us keeping 8 interior DL, probably not even 7 but I dont think we can stash Lanier on the PS 

55 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Hope not but he may be. I consider him a leader in the locker room and our only real vet on the D line. He has a 1.7M cap hit this year but may be a cut candidate bc his dead money is less than 200k. 

Also a numbers game:

Allen

Payne

Ionnidis

Settle

McGee

Lanier

Hood or Phil Taylor

I dont see us keeping 8 interior DL, probably not even 7 but I dont think we can stash Lanier on the PS 

Didn’t McGee get cut a couple hours ago or was that another “mc” guy? We have too many it’s hard to keep track ?

oops that was McClain. Wrong McG player ?

If we keep 7 on the DL, my guess is that we keep Hood. He can play both end and nose, so if any one of our guys goes down, we have a reasonable back.  If we only keep 6, those six will be Ioaniddis, Payne, Allen, McGee, Settle, and Lanier.  No question.

3 hours ago, Master Blaster said:

I would still take Vince Wilfork in the 1st round if my team had issues stopping the run.

Youd be set for 30% of downs and less versus the elite QBs. 

Vince was a special player, I think ... 

Archived