Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

Finlay this morning:

For MLB could be pursuing P. Brown, Bradham or Z. Brown.

He thinks they are targeting guard in the draft and likely high, he suggested using their 2nd rounder.

Paul Richardson (Cooley hit this point harder saying he knows this) was Jay's want at WR.  

They had no real interest in bringing Breeland back

Edit:  there goes Bradham

Mike GarafoloVerified account @MikeGarafolo

FollowingFollowing @MikeGarafolo
More

Eagles have re-signed LB Nigel Bradham, source says. Big keep

9 hours ago, FuriousD said:

Ryan Grant!...  Whodathunkit?

Could it be a large populace on this board is in collective IQ free-fall?  Cousins not worth 25 mil a year?  Breeland washed up and done? Grant a scrub and waste of roster spot?  The hits just keep on coming...  

Happy for Ryan Grant.  Good for him...

Cousins got 28 Mill per year GUARANTEED, Breeland stunk and got burned constantly and yes, Grant is a scrub.

Craig Hoffman Retweeted Adam Schefter

If Bradham is getting $8m/yr, the #Redskins get more leverage with Brown.

Craig Hoffman added,

Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter
Eagles' LB Nigel Bradham is signing a 5-year, $40 million deal, per source.
0 replies0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

Direct message

34 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Orrrrr could it be just you... Go look at the ravens message boards and media crticism. Look at the C+ rating of the cousins contract. And bree, I explained to death a couple pages ago; not one person claimed that he's washed up and done.

Yep but you're missing the $5M or $6M that needs to be allocated to rookies.

It will be a 5th. Going into this offseason looking at potential comp picks, I never considered the possibility of Grant generating one. The guy finally produced.

Im not, I just assumed we needed that as part of it.  What I meant by $13 million left is we would literally have $13 million left.  If you allocate $5 million to rookies etc, that leaves you with 8 million to spend on any other players.  Without Wilkerson now that still leaves you with 16 million to bring in players.

Craig Hoffman on the Junkies this morning senses that DRC could be the signing today and maybe some other off the radar guys - possibly own team players.  Also said if Murphy does go, they will likely be stronger after Junior (he wants more snaps they can't give him with Murphy there) and the market for LB is kind of setting up for resigning Brown (not getting that $10 mil).

Seriously amazing how the Eagles manage to retain basically everyone that is important and still land a couple of free agents even though they have no money to spend whatsoever. The will obviously have to cut somebody at some point but still, pretty impressive.

Re-signing Zach Brown doesn't impact our compensatory picks. If we were able to bring back Brown and one of Galette or Murphy and add DRC and a premier DL, I'd call it quits on FA. Your premier DL would cancel out the Grant comp pick, but whoever you lose in Murphy or Galette or Long might get you a 6th rounder to go with the 5th for Cousins.

Go into the draft needing an RB and OG. Could be worse positions to be in given the depth of the draft at those spots. Unfortunately as other have pointed out, we don't necessarily have a pick in the "sweet spot" and a trade-down would be ideal, though I'm not sure who we'd dance with at this point.

Getting into the 20's and adding a 3rd rounder would allow us to go G-RB or RB-G and have potential fits at both 1st and 2nd round picks ... and it would open the rest of the draft for loading up on the defense. CB, ILB, Edge (assuming we lose Galette and Murphy).

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

JP Finlay Retweeted Mike Garafolo

Another LB off market. Skins gonna be in a tight spot if Zach Brown deal doesn’t happen

One of the two beasts in the draft will be there at 13. Nice draft board lining up for us with what is happening in free agency. Most of the teams that would  have drafted QB still will after the guys they have signed. The more QB's that go early the better for us.

5 minutes ago, Panninho said:

Seriously amazing how the Eagles manage to retain basically everyone that is important and still land a couple of free agents even though they have no money to spend whatsoever. The will obviously have to cut somebody at some point but still, pretty impressive.

It is going to cost them depth. Especially along the DL. Right where we want them to lose players.

2 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Im not, I just assumed we needed that as part of it.  What I meant by $13 million left is we would literally have $13 million left.  If you allocate $5 million to rookies etc, that leaves you with 8 million to spend on any other players.  Without Wilkerson now that still leaves you with 16 million to bring in players.

Yep, we're saying the same thing. Personally, I'd prefer to reduce our current cap by what needs to be allocated to rookies so that it doesn't appear we have more to spend than we actually do. Tomato tomato.

Sucks missing out on Bradham, was really starting to warm up to the idea of him playing alongside Foster. Complimentary players. I think Z Brown is a faster upgraded version of Foster but they bring the same skill set (suck in coverage). 

Sucks bc we just used a 2nd round resource to address this exact need but Ryan Anderson is a question mark after 1 year. 

Edit - I dont know how the Eagles are going to get under the cap. No idea. I dont know how they are going to re-sign Carson Wentz either. 

Eagles will have to cut Vinny Curry. Possibly Jason Peters. 

Seems like a lot of people are in here wanting to break the bank on someone elses discarded defensive lineman. Not a lot of respect for Matt Ioannidis in here. That guy was balling before he broke his hand last year. And played decently with a club on it. I dont think we are as bad off on the DL as some others I guess.

Edit: As a side note. You guys should go spend some time on a Ravens message board this morning. The Ryan Grant threads are some of the funniest stuff I have read in a long time. Hilarious.

12 minutes ago, Panninho said:

Competence will take you far in life

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Seems like a lot of people are in here wanting to break the bank on someone elses discarded defensive lineman. Not a lot of respect for Matt Ioannidis in here. That guy was balling before he broke his hand last year. And played decently with a club on it. I dont think we are as bad off on the DL as some others I guess.

But is he a NT?

That's what I've seen him people banging the table for. 

8 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Sucks missing out on Bradham, was really starting to warm up to the idea of him playing alongside Foster. Complimentary players. I think Z Brown is a faster upgraded version of Foster but they bring the same skill set (suck in coverage). 

Sucks bc we just used a 2nd round resource to address this exact need but Ryan Anderson is a question mark after 1 year. 

fans consider Ryan Anderson a question mark, not the coaches

Just now, clskinsfan said:

I actually think we are in good shape with Ioannidis, Allen, Lanier, McGee and maybe somebody like Pipkins/Francis pans out....

McClain was a no-go for me. Too much money for no productivity.

Suh would be the last piece for me.

9 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

One of the two beasts in the draft will be there at 13. Nice draft board lining up for us with what is happening in free agency. Most of the teams that would  have drafted QB still will after the guys they have signed. The more QB's that go early the better for us.

It is going to cost them depth. Especially along the DL. Right where we want them to lose players.

How so? They will basically save 5 or 6 million by cutting Curry and adding Bennett. Then they added Haloti Ngata. In the long run you are probably right but short-term I think they are doing a phenomenal job.

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Not sure Ionidis is being disrespected. Just think adding a DL in FA would allow him to be rotated more. With our injuries last year, our DL depth was exposed and it's why teams wore us down late in games.

Adding Poe or Logan would still keep Ionidis on the 1st line. Richardson would probably keep him in the 1st line rotation depending on sub packages and who could line up at the 0/1 Technique. I subscribe to the "can't have too many quality linemen" on both sides of the ball mindset. So if we can add a playmaker on the DL to pair with Allen and Ionidis it's a major upgrade.

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

The problem in my eyes with the D-line is we have a bunch of depth but only 1 starter. While Ioannidis is serviceable he probably would not be a starter on a lot of other teams. Good depth yes but not a starter. Allen is a bonafide starter yes. But look at the rest. McGee? McClain? Lanier? Hood? Those guys are not starters. That is why people are salivating at a Poe, Logan, or Richardson. They are upgrades on that d-line no matter how you look at it. Our run defense was horrible. It has to be addressed.

2 minutes ago, Silvernon said:

But is he a NT?

Well lot's of people want to go after Sheldon Richardson. Not lobbying against it or anything but Richardson is no DT as well. In our base, that would probably mean Ioannidis would become a backup.

7 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

A lot of respect here for Ioannidis but not for the depth on D line especially in terms of guys who can stop the run.  They were a train wreck (per usual) against the run once Allen was lost. 

There was a conversation here the other day about people whining about WR and maybe the FO doesn't see it our way.  Well, it was clear the FO did see it our way, that was the position that the beat guys said their sources were telegraphing to them they want to upgrade the most.  That was borne out yesterday.  The 2nd position the beat guys are saying the FO wants to upgrade badly is the D line.  I suspect that will be borne out, too.  Heck Doug Williams flat out said upgrading D line is a major priority.  

Agree with you don't want to overpay.  But if the FO has a help wanted billboard up, seems to be very WR and DL centric.  

Just now, Silvernon said:

But is he a NT?

Exactly, we need a Ziggy hood replacement. Desperately. He was just as bad in 2016. Consistently terrible play at the anchor of the DL will continue to ruin us in all facets of defense.

blob.png.67f55785c6a696b9b8cbc91b51094af5.png

Archived