Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins at cowboys Game Day Thread

TK

3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Are people really saying THIS game is why Gruden should be fired?   They have no O-line. Cousins running for his life on every play.  I have my problems with Gruden, but the state of the roster right now is not conducive to winning games, especially against an opponent who is also fighting for their playoff lives and despite what Collinsworth may be saying, not nearly as injured.

23 different configurations of our OLine this season is no way to win games in the NFL!

7 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Nah, Cavanaugh is our latest wonderboy OC. Or is that wonderoldman? I don't know, either way, someone on the forums thinks he's got "it" as a coach.

Also, that was an OL coach for the Dolphins. Don't remember his name now, the dude who was our OL coach before Callahan.

Cavanaugh is not anything.  Jay is the defacto OC and play caller.  Callahan installs the run game. 

Cavanaugh has been a bad OC in the league previously.  Which is why he’s a coordinator for Jay.

Jay makes stupid coaching staff decisions.

Just now, Berggy9598 said:

If this were the first time we've looked unprepared and flat on this kind of stage you'd have a point. Great schemer, incredible football mind, but he doesn't look to have that intangible. 97 times out of 100 a nervous coach means a nervous team. 

I don't know how you can say it's being  unprepared if you can't catch a ****ing slant right in your hands on the way to the endzone, or realize that you need to protect the ball when returning punts, or the other myriad of cluster**** execution of the players. I get your point. We've seen them seem to be unprepared. Adversity does seem to get the best of them repeatedly, no denying. They just suck. I'm pissed, all around. Really disappointing, as per usual.

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

Are people really saying THIS game is why Gruden should be fired?   They have no O-line. Cousins running for his life on every play.  I have my problems with Gruden, but the state of the roster right now is not conducive to winning games, especially against an opponent who is also fighting for their playoff lives and despite what Collinsworth may be saying, not nearly as injured.

For me yes, because they were not prepared to play with the season on the line.  We were 2 point favorites going into this game and they have been crushed outside of the defense holding them to 3 and outs on their first three drives.  

Just now, NoCalMike said:

I'm convinced these guys really don't know what they are seeing. "Coaching scared" "won't throw anything deep"  on and on.  Yeah, let's drop back, order a pizza,  and throw Hail Marys.  Even though we give Nsheke two tight ends to help and Lawrence still gets free to Cousins within 2 seconds. The coach cannot make Crowder hold onto the football or catch it.  The list goes on.  

7 minutes ago, Mr_ Skinshead said:

How old are you?

I'm 43. Been a Redskins fan my WHOLE life. Even though I have lived the most of my time in MA. In the late 80s and early 90s I have witnessed this team do no wrong, winning 3 Super Bowls with 3 different QBs and RBs.  I have witnessed this team beat Dallas on a number of occasions. But not tonight. This Redskins team simply is too injured to belong in the playoffs this year. 

7 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

We had two solid wr and let them walk

Gruden blows also

Why did we let Garcon and our other speed guy go

The same reason chip kelly let DJax go. 

Money, and thinking we know better.

I knew we were still at least one more off season from really being contenders but I never though it would feel this bad.

2 minutes ago, glongest said:

Trent should shut it down right now and go get his surgery.  And if Kirk has any sense at all, he will get his ass out of here to avoid this annual train wreck.  

Why would he do that?  He is stealing money that he isnt worth!!!  Who doesn't love to get paid for doing absolutely nothing????  

9 minutes ago, SoulSkin said:

False start. Everyone but the center. Those were the good times. Gruden didn't tip the ball to the Dallas DB inside the 10. Gruden didn't turn around and fumble the next punt right back to em. This team is so screwed with injuries, they couldn't afford to make mistakes. They made a boatload of em. No chance when the team ****s the bed like that.

When teams **** the bed some blame falls on the coach who didn't potty train. Four quarters of football on both sides of the ball... when have you seen it from a Gruden team. They don't play D in Arena Fb, so good luck finding an example... the answer is NEVER.

Archived