Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

20 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

for some reason it doesn't show on the twitter feed but the remark is the Redskins social media recaps the game as one played in Lincoln field.

I don’t Know how to embed tweets but barstool Nate who is a big redskins fan posted a text message from somebody close to the organization that the team is avoiding using Twitter right now because everything being tweeted is vitriol towards the team with the #FireBruceAllen. Basically the fans have bullied the team off Twitter 

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

Why does this thread seem to indicate the Redskins have hired Cooley in some capacity but if you Google it you cant find anything anywhere. 

Where are you guys hearing this?

Rumor and speculation based on unconfirmed reports that Cooley met with Dan and Bruce after the Iggles game for about an hour or so.

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

Why does this thread seem to indicate the Redskins have hired Cooley in some capacity but if you Google it you cant find anything anywhere. 

Where are you guys hearing this?

These are all rumors since the professionals in Ashburn refused to address the fans/media.

this article is still pumping around twitter and circulating now to the national media.   I know some of the straggler FO supporters and even a few critics of it think the Redskins fans are bad fans because we whine too much.  I agree if all they did is whine that's not productive.  But I am very impressed by how much so many fans are working this.  And to me its impressive.   They got on Channel 9 news.  They are getting mentioned in recent articles about the team.  They are effecting the Redskins social media team.  They are bombarding Redskins Park with calls.  Sources close to Dan are commenting on it.  The national media have noticed.   Even fans from other teams are commenting on it.

Not saying fans are single handily making things happen but they've gotten noticed left and right and judging by what I've read on twitter, it hasn't abated one bit.  So they are doing their part.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

this article is still pumping around twitter and circulating now to the national media.   I know some of the straggler FO supporters and even a few critics of it think the Redskins fans are bad fans because we whine too much.  I agree if all they did is whine that's not productive.  But I am very impressed by how much so many fans are working this.  And to me its impressive.   They got on Channel 9 news.  They are getting mentioned in recent articles about the team.  They are effecting the Redskins social media team.  They are bombarding Redskins Park with calls.  Sources close to Dan are commenting on it.  The national media have noticed.  

Not saying fans are single handily making things happen but they've gotten noticed left and right and judging by what I've read on twitter, it hasn't abated one bit.

Chad Ryan even posted a picture on Twitter from an Eagles fan on Reddit talking about how bad he feels for the redskins fan base because of how bad it’s gotten. I won’t post it here because there’s quite a bit of bad language but it says something when even eagles fans are starting to feel sorry for us 

10 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

“For a while” meaning they are willing to wait out the storm, and attempt o sell another dream in the coming months.  Oh, joy.

I'd put money that Bruce is telling Dan it will blow over.  Just fans are just upset about the recent loss. 

According to some of the insiders talking about what little they know about Dan-Bruce that's likely the narrative on a normal day -- hey you got some straggler emotional fans, upset about a loss, it will blow over.  We still have the best fans and they have our backs.

I got a glimmer of optimism that them brushing it off might not work this time because of how relentless the complaints are coming in and the local and national media is kicking them hard.

Dan supposedly does read the WP and of all the things that he's been hammered with it wouldn't surprise me that the multiple articles mentioning his fellow owners think he is a joke and his pal Bruce is a joke too -- might make him go a little crazy.  The Redskins this week has become a loud national joke. 

3 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Chad Ryan even posted a picture on Twitter from an Eagles fan on Reddit talking about how bad he feels for the redskins fan base because of how bad it’s gotten. I won’t post it here because there’s quite a bit of bad language but it says something when even eagles fans are starting to feel sorry for us 

Yep just talked about it in a post here a few minutes ago.

27 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Two days.  No firings.  Now we bring Cooley into the mix?

What a ****ing **** show.

Do you remember how long it took to decode to move on from both Haz and Joe Barry?  I mean, that’s kinda like taking 30 minutes standing in front of Sophie Turner to decide if she’s horn or not.  I mean, you can figure that out in about 1 second.  

But it will take then Skins brain trust 2 weeks to figure out there should be a change anywhere

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Do you remember how long it took to decode to move on from both Haz and Joe Barry?  I mean, that’s kinda like taking 30 minutes standing in front of Sophie Turner to decide if she’s horn or not.  I mean, you can figure that out in about 1 second.  

But it will take then Skins brain trust 2 weeks to figure out there should be a change anywhere

Finlay said not to make much of Dan not doing anything yet. Russell today suggested something similar saying he has heard a rumbling or two but isn't comfortable sharing yet.

I am starting to get this weird Howard Hughes vibe about Dan Snyder.... I was a slow adopter but I cannot see any combination of this that can stop the appathy... I mean who cares anymore.... ? The only chance for the Skins is for Dan to sell the team.... Or at least step down 

Stolen idea from others... Maybe the only way to get Bruce fired is to block his efforts towards a new stadium.  Political pressure or otherwise - basically make him useless off the field. Take away the winning off the field, and then the only use for Dan is as his GM Jr. intermediary.  Conversely, if he gets a sweet stadium deal done, Dan isn't going to fire him.  He'd be more like to end up in the ring of fame or a part owner.

I think this may be what it comes down to. Stuck at Fedex a few extra years -Bruce > New Stadium +Bruce ?

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

Stolen idea from others... Maybe the only way to get Bruce fired is to block his efforts towards a new stadium.  Political pressure or otherwise - basically make him useless off the field. Take away the winning off the field, and then the only use for Dan is as his GM Jr. intermediary.  Conversely, if he gets a sweet stadium deal done, Dan isn't going to fire him.  He'd be more like to end up in the ring of fame or a part owner.

I think this may be what it comes down to. Stuck at Fedex a few extra years -Bruce > New Stadium +Bruce ?

Like the idea but think bigger. No new stadium in the DMV until Snyder sells. Then he either has to move and we would somehow get another team the NFL is not leaving thus area with no team or he sells and we get new ownership. 

16 minutes ago, HOF44 said:

Like the idea but think bigger. No new stadium in the DMV until Snyder sells. Then he either has to move and we would somehow get another team the NFL is not leaving thus area with no team or he sells and we get new ownership. 

I'm trying to think of what city in the whole US would want this team with Snyder being the owner.

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

this article is still pumping around twitter and circulating now to the national media.  

This article is REALLY poorly written and reeks of either disingenuous statements or a lack of knowledge on Jenkins' part. With her, I tend to go with the former, though lol... The part about how NFL owners view the Redskins and Allen may be accurate--since most sourced articles are a paraphrasing of that anonymous source we can never say one way or another--but the remaining 80% of the article is almost laughable.

15 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Right on time...

If others didn't need stories to pacify them, my work wouldn't be needed on threads like this lol...

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Come towards the light, Cali...

You know what's weird?...you guys don't even need to know what's wrong with Jenkins' story lol...

9 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

If others didn't need stories to pacify them, my work wouldn't be needed on threads like this lol...

I read the article and couldn’t really find much to debate.  There are a few numbers in there that can be fact checked, but it’s primarily opinion based.  You can disagree with her opinion, but I don’t see what about it is laughable.  Asking for public money to fund stadiums is frowned upon in general.  Obviously, that’s going to be turned up a few notches with an owner like Snyder, who’s fanbase is dying before his very eyes.  I’m sure other woeful organizations have received public funds to build stadiums, but it doesn’t make it right.

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I read the article and couldn’t really find much to debate.  There are a few numbers in there that can be fact checked, but it’s primarily opinion based.  You can disagree with her opinion, but I don’t see what about it is laughable.

That's the problem...it is NOT "primarily opinion-based."

And no, I'm not talking about numbers.

I would pose a challenge--not to you but to anyone who is inclined to believe my posts are little more than attempts to support Allen and Snyder: Find one thing--just one--in the article that you believe could be either disingenuous or just flat-out factually inaccurate. You don't even have to be right lol...but just one thing that, when reading it, you feel ol' Sally may be giving half the story or is approaching "facts" from a biased perspective, or that what she's saying probably didn't really happen the way she's saying it did. I can point out like 15 lol...

Archived