Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

16 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I STRONGLY believe this is the case. And I think this will essentially be Smith's role in the front office. And it will allow him to retire and his cap hit to come off the books. Its a great play all around. Good guy, likable, football savvy. Cap room. Minor role (hopefully he's not the GM) where he can grow.

I think this is our best case scenario. Smith seems like they type of influence Dan needs. And I also think he will be quick to tell him how unhappy the fans are (as if thats not noticeable) 

1 minute ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

Greatest Monday morning ever!!!!!!!

Well, since December 17, 2009.

I'm psyched Allen is jettisoned...but Snyder is still owner. There are two really concerning items: the Dwayne Haskins injury fiasco, and him wanting a 4-3.

Allen gone is just step 1.

18 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I'm hoping these local guys will finally open up about all this stuff not fearing the wrath of Bruce!!

Probably not. Want to know secrets? Gotta be able to keep them. Everyones time is coming eventually. Not gonna talk to a guy that I know will talk when im gone. 

15 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I want my credit on this one, I had a feeling that Grant was pulling that "still involved with the stadium process" stuff out of thin air! LMFAO

Idiot 🙄

The biggest tell was that there was literally ZERO positive news about the stadium in several years. What good has Bruce done? His biggest failure wasnt the already ****ty team he was in control of. It was ****ing up the politics to the point where they wont even have a place to play in a few years. That had to be fixed before anything else. 

Two things:

One, if Rivera comes in (or whoever's next) and wins with a core of guys that includes Haskins, Guice, TMC, Harmon, Scherff, Ioan, Sweat, Payne, Allen, etc...Allen deserves some credit.  You can't celebrate a winning team with those guys without giving credit to who landed those players or put the decision makers and scouts in place to select them.

Two, it shows that Snyder has his ear to the ground.  Not as tone deaf as we may have thought.  There was a large groundswell from the media and fanbase this year to get rid of Allen, I don't believe that this move gets made if everything stayed quiet.  

12 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Seems weird they brought Bruce all the way to Dallas knowing this was gonna happen.  I dont know what they were waiting for.

Probably wanted to keep things as normal as possible for the team before resetting the franchise first thing Monday morning. 

Jerry Jones saying he thinks the Redskins will shine like a penny - I hate this. Our owners co-own a yacht. Are best friends. And compliment each other openly. I equate this to the way I feel about pro wrestling nowadays - keep kayfabe alive damnit. Be friends outside of the spectacle, but at least allow us to think you guys hate each other. Stage a fist fight or something. Maybe have Jerry power bomb Dan through a (gimmicked) table. Or just bring them to a Bills game and have them do it for real.

Also - Yeah. I suspect Gibbs was one of the consultants. He lives down in the Carolina area I believe, likely knows Rivera well. 

I had a vision that Dan, after consulting with Jerry "shiny penny" Jones announces himself as the GM.  When I say vision, I mean nightmare.

I hope we do promote someone from within even if we bring in a new GM, or hand all duties to Rivera. Promote then to prevent the ongoing mass exodus thing of homegrown talent.

1 minute ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Great news about the Prince of Darkness being gone.

This morning Mike Golic on ESPN radio is commenting about the Head Coach helping to pick the General Manager.

He said while it has been done before he is not aware of any NFL situation where it WORKED.  Your thoughts....??

Seems to be working in San Francisco. I'm not a fan of that setup, but here we are :)

Archived