Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

This seems so ridiculous, a billion dollar company is being run into the ground but the owner is ok with it because he needs a friend?

If this is true then I have to believe Dan is on his way out and no longer cares, basically, he's in "F it" mode. 

43 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

If the RFK site is seen as the preferred option...…..the old stadium isn't supposed to be knocked down until 2021.  Which means that a new stadium there wouldn't be ready until the 2025 season at the earliest. And considering the FedEx lease doesn't expire until 2027...….we very well might be there until then. . 

The lead time on a project like this is massive. DC hasn't even gotten the necessary lease extension from the feds yet. Then, there'll have to be DC legislation and bureaucratic stuff, then probably years of dealing with the inevitable NIMBY lawsuits. Then at least three years for construction. 

There isn't a snowball's chance "RFK2" is ready by 2027, if ever.

1 hour ago, JSSkinz said:

This seems so ridiculous, a billion dollar company is being run into the ground but the owner is ok with it because he needs a friend?

If this is true then I have to believe Dan is on his way out and no longer cares, basically, he's in "F it" mode. 

Dan will never be on his way out.  When he can make millions upon millions of dollars look for him to stay.  He is the problem but weeding Allen out helps.  Hoping that happens.  

4 hours ago, profusion said:

The lead time on a project like this is massive. DC hasn't even gotten the necessary lease extension from the feds yet. Then, there'll have to be DC legislation and bureaucratic stuff, then probably years of dealing with the inevitable NIMBY lawsuits. Then at least three years for construction. 

There isn't a snowball's chance "RFK2" is ready by 2027, if ever.

Yeah its a three step process, maybe 4.  A. Securing the land.  B. Securing the financing.  C.  Building the stadium.  It could have a 4th component (the WP article actually hinted on it which is Congress wants to see more public support) which would be mobilizing public support -- that takes time, I've seen that process play out in South Florida.  I did some work on the mobilizing public support part. 

They haven't achieved any of these components yet.  It really has a feel of Bruce selling Dan we are close on the stadium as they head straight towards the iceberg.    Like I said Dan trusting his buddy Bruce on this to the bitter end might though end up his undoing.  Is he really going to just ride it out at Fedex for ever?  Or build another stadium right next door (like the Giants did with the Meadowlands) at his own expense?

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Is he really going to just ride it out at Fedex for ever?  Or build another stadium right next door (like the Giants did with the Meadowlands) at his own expense?

I'm with Burgold as far as not minding FedEx as much as many, but they really need to try and get back into the city.  

Its been about four years now since they released those renderings of the moat palace and led us to believe that we were just around the corner with a new facility. I really think at this point they will be in Landover until the lease expires, and somehow work out something in DC in the interim. 

One thing for sure, Dan is still meddling with stuff... Now he's advising players whether they should come back and play or not....

https://redskinswire.usatoday.com/2019/12/22/snyder-gives-haskins-injury-advice/

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/22/dan-snyder-told-dwayne-haskins-to-listen-to-doctors-and-not-to-go-back-in-game/

Can't the guy let the HC do his ****ing job???

3 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

One thing for sure, Dan is still meddling with stuff... Now he's advising players whether they should come back and play or not....

https://redskinswire.usatoday.com/2019/12/22/snyder-gives-haskins-injury-advice/

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/22/dan-snyder-told-dwayne-haskins-to-listen-to-doctors-and-not-to-go-back-in-game/

Maybe this is a hint that BA is not calling any of the shots anymore?  I mean 2 weeks ago Callahan said there was not thought of pulling Haskins with a high ankle sprain so no trust in coaches.  Just a thought....

15 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

I actually agree with him doing so. Protect your high value asset in a lost season.

20 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

'Hey man, the doctors are professionals, you should listen to them.' Wow, what a horrible way to advise a player. Just slap some duct tape on it and send him out, screw the med staff.

25 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Ok...you're reaching here...he was just advising him to listen to the medical staff...

19 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Maybe this is a hint that BA is not calling any of the shots anymore?  I mean 2 weeks ago Callahan said there was not thought of pulling Haskins with a high ankle sprain so no trust in coaches.  Just a thought....

Then he should have fired Callahan 2 weeks ago. Plain and simple.

9 minutes ago, panahoo said:

I actually agree with him doing so. Protect your high value asset in a lost season.

OK, so you're fine with Dan meddling... Because that's what it is.

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

'Hey man, the doctors are professionals, you should listen to them.' Wow, what a horrible way to advise a player. Just slap some duct tape on it and send him out, screw the med staff.

I'm pretty sure Trent Williams would disagree on here.

Still I believe it went more like:

Dan: "What di the doc say?"

Haskins: "Told me I should sit for the game and have MRI tomorrow".

Dan: "Listen to the Doc son."

Still, anyway, I want Dan to stay far, far away, even further than the galaxy where Star Wars takes place, of the football field, and leave it to football people. If he didn't trust Callahan for this, then see answer of the 1st quote.

2 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Ok...you're reaching here...he was just advising him to listen to the medical staff...

Not much.

So when Dan do something you like it's not meddling even if it is.

Just now, Wildbunny said:

Then he should have fired Callahan 2 weeks ago. Plain and simple.

OK, so you're fine with Dan meddling... Because that's what it is.

I'm pretty sure Trent Williams would disagree on here.

Still I believe it went more like:

Dan: "What di the doc say?"

Haskins: "Told me I should sit for the game and have MRI tomorrow".

Dan: "Listen to the Doc son."

Still, anyway, I want Dan to stay far, far away, even further than the galaxy where Star Wars takes place, of the football field, and leave it to football people. If he didn't trust Callahan for this, then see answer of the 1st quote.

You are seriously reaching here. There is plenty of reasons to dislike DS...this isnt one of them. 

This actually is one of the times it was good he interfered 

1 minute ago, Xameil said:

You are seriously reaching here. There is plenty of reasons to dislike DS...this isnt one of them. 

This actually is one of the times it was good he interfered 

He's paying Doc and HC to do take this kind of decision.

He's just overruling them.

If he doesn't trust any of them he should have fired them long ago and replaced them with someone he trust.

1 minute ago, Wildbunny said:

If he doesn't trust any of them he should have fired them long ago and replaced them with someone he trust.

A lot of reasons to hate on Snyder. This definitely is not one of them. You sound like a Chris Russell rant filled with cut off sentences and volume. This is beyond nothing. 

2 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Except he wasn’t overruling the doctor. The doctor said not to play the rest of the game, haskins wanted to go back in, Snyder was agreeing with the doctor. And i think the doctor is a pretty good person to trust 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Overruling would be if he said “Dwayne, don’t listen to her, you’ll be fine, go back out there”. 

4 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

He's paying Doc

He said listen to doc. Doc said sit. Kid sat. You have no argument here. 

4 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

and HC

Mob you mean the interim guy who said his goal is to win games and not worry about the future? You want him to let him worry about the future? Smart!

7 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Lol he was telling Haskins to listen to the Dr. And there was nothing saying he was overruling anyone. You need to step back and see that you're off in this.

On 12/11/2019 at 11:00 AM, nonniey said:

6 minutes ago, celticsalmon said:

Greg Maunusky is to NFL DC's what Bruce Allen is to NFL GM's

So Dan retains Bruce Allen

Bruce Allen retains Bill Callahan

Bill Callahan retains muuski

I think I'll just cry!! :(

Here's the thing. IF Dan doesn't get rid of him, they're going to start losing players in FA. Trent's not the only one that wants out with Bruce here. Scherff won't resign if Bruce is here either. So you can almost bet that Bruce will pull the ol "Kurt/ 2 year double tag" on him.

1 hour ago, Xameil said:

Lol he was telling Haskins to listen to the Dr. And there was nothing saying he was overruling anyone. You need to step back and see that you're off in this.

Does he do that when every player is injured???  If not, it sounds like he is still befriending certain players.  This is exactly what happened during the RGIII and Shanahan debacle.  

Just now, emoore0222 said:

Does he do that when every player is injured???  If not, it sounds like he is still befriending certain players.  This is exactly what happened during the RGIII and Shanahan debacle.  

Well....maybe since the TW fiasco he has...who knows. 

I'm not at Redskins park to say one way or the other...are you?

Archived