Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2017 Thread

No Excuses

2 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I feel like the important thing here is, assuming the Dems win a crap load of spots, is not pulling a "we won so now we swing super left and ignore the right".  There really needs to be more middle of the road/compromise on all sides.  If they just ignore the right, the next election may not go as well.

Northam is a very middle of the road dude; he's a boring doctor. As threatening and abrasive as Mr Rogers.

1 minute ago, Corcaigh said:

Northam is a very middle of the road dude; he's a boring doctor. As threatening and abrasive as Mr Rogers.

I just moved here a week ago and don't vote here so I don't know alot about the dude.  But I was more referring to the Left as a whole everywhere they have won.

7 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I feel like the important thing here is, assuming the Dems win a crap load of spots, is not pulling a "we won so now we swing super left and ignore the right".  There really needs to be more middle of the road/compromise on all sides.  If they just ignore the right, the next election may not go as well.

Of course.  That's been the rule for the past 20 years.  When the right wins, everything gets yanked hard to the right.  When the left wins, we gotta be middle of the road and compromise, and wait for the right to win again.  :) 

16 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

So it sounds like D's are killing it everywhere.  Is that right?

Can't say I'm upset.  And ya'll know I'm a conservative.

Im not as conservative as you, but we find agreement a lot, and even when we don't we usually find each other reasonable (at least I think...)

And I'm in agreement with you here.

I don't really like the dems but the r's haven't exactly given me much choice. I can't vote for the crap the push right now.

Only a fraction of the country wanted Trump's bull**** a year ago and if the DNC had picked a more likable candidate, we would have been spared this nonsense altogether. People have done a good job talking up a supposed revolution for the right, but the reality is that people are already getting sick of substance free populism. 

The GOP needs to cut ties with Trump or they're in for a rough 2018. 

1 minute ago, Predicto said:

Of course.  That's been the rule for the past 20 years.  When the right wins, everything gets yanked hard to the right.  When the left wins, we gotta be middle of the road and compromise, and wait for the right to win again.  :) 

For the record, I have ****ed when the Right did that.  But yea, two wrongs don't make a right, the GOP is the devil, etc.   (and no I am not joking)

8 minutes ago, Predicto said:

Seriously, we need to be talking universal health care for the state, marijuana legalization, and all that other tree hugging bull**** that libtards love.

5 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

For the record, I have ****ed when the Right did that.  But yea, two wrongs don't make a right, the GOP is the devil, etc.   (and no I am not joking)

The current GOP, created by Newt Gingrich and his scorched earth tactics, and FoxNews, and the Heritage Foundation, and the NRA - yes, it is the devil. 

I want the normal "lower taxes - be cautious - the national debt actually matters" GOP back, even though I don't agree with them most of the time. 

Archived