Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2017 Thread

No Excuses

2 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

i want as big a margin as possible.  Don't want "conservatives" looking at a close race and saying Gillespie lost because he didn't go racist enough

Analysis from 538 isn't going to be kind to you so far

Dave is already calling the race for Northam, which means I’m sitting here, full of takeout Chinese food, contemplating the contours of this race. Gillespie, as my Excel-oriented compatriots have pointed out, was able to win Trump-voting counties, but he’s not proving himself able to run up the margins.

I wonder if the fact that Gillespie, while running a Trump/Corey Stewart inspired anti-immigrant campaign, still had the trappings of an old-school tasseled-loafer conservative. He never full-throatedly embraced the president, just some of his law-and-order rhetoric. So perhaps it makes sense that low-propensity Trump voters (people who don’t usually vote, but did for the president last year) didn’t show at the polls on this rainy Tuesday.

Yeah, this is looking more and more likely to be over.  Northam is running up margins in places like Loudoun and Prince William.  The sleeping giant of Fairfax is barely stirring yet.

Meanwhile, Gillespie got next to nothing in Chesterfield.

Henrico coming in with Northam up by 18.5K with about 25% of the precincts there to go.  McAuliffe won by about 13.5K.

These are very bad margins for Gillespie.

However, not totally done yet, I refuse to celebrate until the fat lady sings.  For example, in Lee county, Gillespie is winning by about 1000 more votes than Kuccinelli won it by.  Now sure, small potatoes, but if he does that everywhere...

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

Trump will prolly tweet that Gillespie won tonight. 

It's the MS-13 illegal immigrant and pedophile felon voters who made the difference.

And for a trans activist to crush the sitting anti-LGBT bigot is awesome. Manassass is such a cool place after all :-)

1 minute ago, StillUnknown said:

I liked Vogel but I wasn't attached to her.

I know the feminists hate her and I get it.

She seemed like the conservative liberals always tell me they want Republicans to be like. 

Oh well.

Just now, LadySkinsFan said:

District 44. I live about a mile from My. Vernon as the crow flies, on land that belonged to one of his Five Farms.

Okay, I'm in the Falls Church/McLean area...sadly I don't remember the district number, but the guy's name was Rip.  I'm surprised, the McLean area can sometimes be a small Republican bastion in a sea of Democratic nova.  I would of thought they would have tried to put someone on the ballot.

minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Clown pounding all over VA for the GOP.

Wow. I’m surveying the down-ballot wreckage for the GOP in House of Delegates races. It’s not pretty for Republicans. Already, Democrat Wendy Gooditis (D) has defeated Del. Randy Minchew (R) in outer Loudoun County, which was one of our Democratic “reach” districts.

This is good for anyone who wants reasonable political discourse.

I'm hardly a Democrat but I'll be glad if this is a bloodbath for the gop.

Wonder what it means for the tax bill

Archived