Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2017 Thread

No Excuses

2 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

LOL, I just had the same thought.  Beat me to it.

I also got the chance to meet and talk to my new delegate, Jay Jones.  He is a baby face who is only a couple years older than me.  Put in the work to do the retail politics and meet his constituency.  He's another highly-driven young guy with an impressive resume winning a seat in the state government.  I'm proud of him and I'd love to see more Millennials and young Gen Xers who don't have a hard-on for Reaganism winning elections and saving the country, seat by seat.

7 minutes ago, SoulSkin said:

IF they go down that path long term, they'll be banking on suppressing votes and maybe actually rigging elections. Sensible conservatives need to get their house in order and return to the actual principles that may appeal to normal people, and not try to policy-**** them over.

There is a problem.  The face of their party has no actual principles.  Racism and nationalism is what the heart of the party exudes.  At the root are scare tactics.

47 minutes ago, Forehead said:

45-44 Democrats....

I'm going off the New York Times tracker, but it is now 47-46 Democrats.  The seven races left are currently shown as 4-3 Republicans, which would be a 50-50 House.  Though all the remaining races are within a percentage point of each other.

10 minutes ago, Springfield said:

There is a problem.  The face of their party has no actual principles.  Racism and nationalism is what the heart of the party exudes.  At the root are scare tactics.

I liked what Van Jones said earlier tonight. Quote-ish "They're like the dog that caught the car and has no idea what to do because it didn't expect it."... there was some talk about how this would have probably been a win for Gillespie had Trump not won. They've been so focused on being against anything that liberals might want,  they don't really have a message about what they want. At least not in substance, all talk, no sensible plan that aligns with the talk.

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I feel like the important thing here is, assuming the Dems win a crap load of spots, is not pulling a "we won so now we swing super left and ignore the right".  There really needs to be more middle of the road/compromise on all sides.  If they just ignore the right, the next election may not go as well.

Northam spoke to that.  He said he'll be governor for all Virginians, and that the recent scourge of divisive politics needs to end.

This is a total repudiation of Donald Trump's brand of scorched earth politics.  Ralph Northam is a reasonable man.  As sad as it is to say, that is refreshing in today's political arena.

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I feel like the important thing here is, assuming the Dems win a crap load of spots, is not pulling a "we won so now we swing super left and ignore the right".  There really needs to be more middle of the road/compromise on all sides.  If they just ignore the right, the next election may not go as well.

Northam is middle of the road. He will be fine. Not too long ago he'd likely be a Republican instead of a democrat...

The DNC? I don't trust them to play any hand their delt well.

Archived