Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins @ Seahawks Game Day Thread

TSO

3 minutes ago, SlkyCaramel said:

Amazing game by the defense.  Also special thanks to Blair Walsh. 

I don't want to hear anything about our coaching staff for a while. 

Oh come on! They deserve to hear some love for at least a few days. Don't give 'em the silent treatment until Wednesday. Don't be like that. :silly:

1 minute ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Oh my god. 

Im drained 

Me too. Heckuva weekend. Got to be the literary guest of honor for the first time at a Comic Con, drove 4 hours back from Roanoke this morning to make it in time for the game, and then this was a topper. I'm emotionally and physically wasted!

And I love it.

3 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I'm not arguing that.  I always root to win.  I was just talking about long term consequence.

Look at all the top 10 guys we got.  Those picks really makes you a winner. In 1971, how many of our top five picks were playing for us?  Gibbs didn't lead us to our best 12 years with a fistful of top picks.  New England's recent dominance does not come from picks made from the top 5. When a high pick turns a team around for a long time, it is really because the team was missing wins at the margin.  No one can stop our pass rush without holding.  If the Dallas and Philly game were called right, we probably would have won at least one.  If we weren't playing with guys just signed before the Dallas game, we'd have blown them off the field.  Today?  Kirk was sacked 6 times, 4 or 5 of those sacks would not have happened with a healthy offensive line. It wasn't Kirk greatest game but it was far from bad.  Our defense does go brain dead too often but has a lot of potential.  Only if there was a Sean Taylor 2.0 in the draft would I even be worried since that might turn us into a shutdown defense. Docston is showing us why he was a number 1, just needs to be a bit more consistent.

47 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

TV cameras show even the Redskins fans in the crowd screaming as loud as they can while we're on offense.  

Brilliant. 

It's  like FedEx West. 

To be fair, the Skins were lucky to have fans there in the bad weather, with the way they are banged up.

No one, and I mean, NO ONE, talked more than those stupid announcers.  At the end, I ALMOST felt sorry for them for showing their true ignorance of the game.

6 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

Look at all the top 10 guys we got.  Those picks really makes you a winner. In 1971, how many of our top five picks were playing for us?  Gibbs didn't lead us to our best 12 years with a fistful of top picks.  New England's recent dominance does not come from picks made from the top 5. When a high pick turns a team around for a long time, it is really because the team was missing wins at the margin.  No one can stop our pass rush without holding.  If the Dallas and Philly game were called right, we probably would have won at least one.  If we weren't playing with guys just signed before the Dallas game, we'd have blown them off the field.  Today?  Kirk was sacked 6 times, 4 or 5 of those sacks would not have happened with a healthy offensive line. It wasn't Kirk greatest game but it was far from bad.  Our defense does go brain dead too often but has a lot of potential.  Only if there was a Sean Taylor 2.0 in the draft would I even be worried since that might turn us into a shutdown defense. Docston is showing us why he was a number 1, just needs to be a bit more consistent.

a sad turn around from two years ago, when we had the ball... we scored. Remember that confidence?

our defense is winning these games

Just now, TouchdownSkin said:

To be fair, the Skins were lucky to have fans there in the bad weather, with the way they are banged up.

No one, and I mean, NO ONE, talked more than those stupid announcers.  At the end, I ALMOST felt sorry for them for showing their true ignorance of the game.

Also, Rams fans would be pulling for us as this win puts them back in control of their own destiny.

Amazing game overall by the defense. They truly kept us in this, despite our offense being horrendous for almost the entire game. Kirk was...Kirk. Very hot and cold. Made a some excellent throws under duress but also spent a good amount of the game looking like a deer in the headlights. I know he had a makeshift line but even with his healthy line it has always been an issue for him when he gets pressured. Even when they gave him time lots of times he looked panicked and was double clutching and taking bad sacks. Glad that he finally laid it up for Doctson at the end there. Running game was crap. Doctson is legit. That catch at the end was one that 99% of all NFL WRs couldn't possibly make. That's Julio Jones ****. A thing of beauty. Also had an amazing bailout catch on that last drive for the first down (was the ball even thrown to him?).

And I have to also admit that Seattled killed themselves too. Tons and tons of offensive penalties and 3 (?!?!?) missed FGs.

Definitely a pure guts win.

1 minute ago, Darth Tater said:

There are 31 teams I don't want to lose to.  In any given year there are about 16 games, hopefully more. that I never want to lose.

yeah I remember 26 years ago. you've got to lower expectations to avoid depression

Just got back from the locker room. Will upload the interviews I did with Hood and Lanier soon. 

As an aside, I jokingly told Vernon how it feels to be the best WR on this team. He cracked up, shook his head, and said "...just doing my job". 

Sat in Jay's presser for a tiny bit because I wanted to see his reaction. You could just tell he was elated. It was really nice to see. Said this win ranks really high up there when John Keim asked him where it ranks. 

Ziggy Hood was joking with McClain, told him, "...how is it the dude with the shortest arms was able to get Wilson down from behind?" They were all laughing about the plays where Wilson made them look stupid in general. Went through each one. Funny stuff. :ols: 

Here were the 2nd half notes I updated the blog with in case no one noticed: 

2nd Half Notes: 

- Lanier continues his solid play with another good pass rush on the first drive and hasn't stopped since. Just relentless. He's caused a bunch of bad throws from Wilson single-handedly. It's been super impressive. 

- Seahawks clearly going back to what they were successful with in the first half, rushing the ball. Our pass rush has been unstoppable though. 

- As usual, just nothing you can do about Wilson scrambling and finding receivers outside of the play. Otherwise, constant pressure on him has forced errant throws. 

- Started bootlegging Cousins more. Some limited success there. 

- Cousins definitely had some bad throws this game, but he is also facing consistent pressure and going against one of the best secondaries in the game. Guys are just not getting open down the field. One clear poor throw to Davis on a wheel route in the third quarter.

- Kendall Fuller displayed his closing speed a few times. One was a TD saving pass break up. 

- Another bad snap from Roullier in the shotgun formation, this time high. Last week he had one low. 

- They didn't score, but that 2 point conversion with Norman and Swearinger playing catch was fun to watch. So close, yet so far away. 

- We had too many first downs that were losing yards, be it due to sacks, bad snaps, or TFLs. Can't recover against this defense like that. Was worried the Seahawks would take away the quick game that worked on that one drive in the first half and we wouldn't have an answer. We don't. People can claim injuries aren't an excuse, but they make you one dimensional as a play caller. It's not easy to be dynamic when your options are limited personnel-wise, and you've got guys who aren't in tune with every aspect of the offense on the field. 

- It's okay to allow your defense to win you a game. It's actually allowed, last time I heard. Especially when you're in an environment like Seattle, against a team that plays consistently great defense, with an Oline ravaged by injuries. It's. OH. KAY. That won't stop many from making this some kind of treatise on Kirk or Jay, I know. Nothing will. But it needs to be said.  

- Defense played valiantly. Can't complain about them, even with the final drive from the Seahawks. Seahawks only scored twice on the day, with an offense that had only one drive for a TD, and tough field position throughout. The pressure they applied on Wilson was amazing, suffice to say. 

- Overall, I know this'll be an opportunity for people to pile on Jay and Kirk. But I'm not going to and I don't think anyone should. Kirk didn't play well. Yes. As is the case with so many QBs going up against this defense in their place. But that last drive was glorious. Two absolute strikes to Quick and Doctson with the Seahawks playing super aggressive. So many use phrases like "he's not a gamer" and "he's not clutch", yet, that's EXACTLY what he proved he is there.  

- Huge opportunity for Dunbar to finish the game with an INT on Seahawks final drive. McClain does it for him with a huge sack on Wilson. Game over. HOPE IS ALIVE, THANK GOD!!!! 

Archived