Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chiefs v Redskins Post Game Assessments

Burgold

Overall... Wah! This one hurts and it sucks.

Offense: The run game actually did pretty well except for Perrine's big mistake. It was solid. Pass pro and run blocking were very good. Passing game was pretty good, but too many drops. Kirk manned up with some timely runs and a pass that should have given us a 4 point lead. I can't help but feel we left points on the field today and got a wee bit conservative when we had the ten point lead.

B-

Defense: Our players are made out of paper mache. Who knows what happens if we don't get so many people banged up. Overall, a gutsty performance. Very good at the start of the game and just beat up and outplayed/schemed by the end. Who would have thunk a 4th week bye would be necessary. Man, we are losing way too many players every single week.

C+/B-

Special Teams: Neither a plus or a negative. Good kickoff coverage.

Overall: I'm going to be generous and give the 'skins a B for the game. This is a game that feels like it should be a moral victory, but even more than that feels like a loss. The game was the Redskins for the taking. They just dropped it.

Refs: I can't really fault the refs because a lot of those flags seemed legit, but I swear every time the defense actually stopped the Chiefs the refs found a way to give them a free first down. It was frustrating. I don't really think we got reffed, but man the time stunk.

I'm gonna give it a B- overall.  Defense constantly falling for the Alex Smith hard counts was infuriating, it extended a scoring drive for them, IIRC.  To me, brings them down from a B+.  Oh, and two hands to the face calls on Breeland.  

But we hung with arguably the best team in the game for 4 quarters and the game was there for us to win.  If healthy, I think we can compete with anyone.  

Just now, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Offense gets a B+/ A-

defense gets a B 

for the first time in my life, I think we have a good team overall (assuming everyone is back healthy)

Those really timely drops and Perrines fumble prevent me from going into the B+/A- range. There were just a few too many missed plays on a day where they really couldn't afford any. Still, you're probably right that my B- should be a B.

KC is a very good team, very good.  Like others in the game thread, I think we missed Garcon. I appreciate the effort the team played hard.  If Doctson secures that ball the Skins probably win the game.

I am concerned about the injuries but hopefully, we'll get some good news.  The 2017 defense is much better than the last couple of years.  Got to get the WRs to perform and the Skins have a good team.

Offense: Disappeared too much in the 2nd quarter... I think this hurt their D in the 2nd half. cousins still inconsistent... can't he just be consistent during the whole game?

Defense:  Why did they not force Smith to roll left?   DL brings it, but middle pass defense was weak.  Not sure if function of no Norman. Got worn down. 

Teams:  Meh

I think we're a good team that made mistakes and lost to a better team on the road. If Doctson catches that pass...but that's the difference right there.

I don't see the need to doom and gloom after this one. We weren't going 15-1. No shame in losing a hard fought game on the road against a juggernaut.

5 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

And penalties were definitely a home field advantage.  KC commits fouls too... it was one way, especially on 3rd downs.

Dont get down on Doctson.

Not Doctson -  I'm down on Gruden.  A time out on 3-2? That was the just the dumbest thing I can remember a head Coach doing.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

I think we're a good team that made mistakes and lost to a better team on the road. If Doctson catches that pass...but that's the difference right there.

I don't see the need to doom and gloom after this one. We weren't going 15-1. No shame in losing a hard fought game on the road against a juggernaut.

This is a pretty good point. If someone told me we'd be 2-2 after four, I'd be okay with it. Mind you, I would have thought the wins would be against the Eagles adn Rams.

I'll still be okay with 2-2 after the sting of losing a winnable game fades. Ah, but for two or three plays this game was ours though!

Well Washington looks improved as a team, but they're still the Skins. It doesn't matter who it is we can always blow a game. Defense gave up what 5 or 6 3rd down conversions tonight because of penalties.

Doctson completely s*** the bed with that drop and it took Alex Smith a min to get into field goal rage, hell they probably had enough time to score a TD in a min.

I guess it could be worse going into the bye, but I feel like this team could easily be 3-1 hell even 4-0.

Problem is they're not and those 2 games can and will come back to bit them in the ass.

3 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I'll still be okay with 2-2 after the sting of losing a winnable game fades. Ah, but for two or three plays this game was ours though!

That's the NFL especialy this year. Just about every game is close and decided by a play here and there. Blowouts are rare.

I think our team is legit good. Should finish around 10 wins. That is of course assuming not too many significant long term injuries tonight. We already know Norman is out for at least a couple weeks.

2 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Well Washington looks improved as a team, but they're still the Skins. It doesn't matter who it is we can always blow a game. Defense gave up what 5 or 6 3rd down conversions tonight because of penalties.

Doctson completely s*** the bed with that drop and it took Alex Smith a min to get into field goal rage, hell they probably had enough time to score a TD in a min.

I guess it could be worse going into the bye, but I feel like this team could easily be 3-1 hell even 4-0.

Problem is they're not and those 2 games can and will come back to bit them in the ass.

EVERY team feels like they should have one or two more wins, except for maybe the Browns. Welcome to the NFL. Games are often close.

KC message boards right now in a nutshell:

- Backdoor cover on the final play

- No mention of the help from the refs

- No mention of the break they caught from Doctson's drop

- Redskins might be best team in NFC..

- Alex Smith is clutch.

This one was annoying, from their time of possession domination, to those dam flags on 3rd down that kept most of KC drives alive in the 2nd half. I mean how much help did they get on those.. Still thought the defense played well despite being on the field all dam day, 4 sacks too is nice.. That Davis big play had me thinking, " Ok good, we scored 2 plays later but now our D has had no rest". 

Offense was alright, didn't run the ball as well as I would like. Perine might be in the dog house for the fumble. Kelce> Reed right now. Crowder??? Anyone seen him?? O-line gave up no sacks..

Its gonna be one of those games on the Chiefs highlight reel to highlight their season. That's ok, I'm sure their yearbook video will start with another home loss in the playoffs...

We can hang with anyone. No one is looking at us like they did with last years team. Lets suck it up an move one. I still feel we played well..

Archived