Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chiefs v Redskins Post Game Assessments

Burgold

14 hours ago, Burgold said:

And who'd have ever thought that!

Our O is close and is pretty effective.

Our D is the strength of the team? Barry must have been so much worse than I ever imagined.... and I thought he was pretty darn bad.

He'll go down as the worst DC of all time.  Detroit 0-16 and last years defense were abysmal and had more talent than results indicated.

they do have multiple new starters with more talent, however.

15 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He'll go down as the worst DC of all time.  Detroit 0-16 and last years defense were abysmal and had more talent than results indicated.

Technically he was the worst of DC of all time at the time we hired him.  He did nothing here to change the narrative.  He was obviously severely handicapped by talent in both stints but he also left much to be desired in scheme, communication, situational calls, etc. 

On 10/3/2017 at 1:15 PM, justice98 said:

The unfortunate thing is, if he doesnt turn it around, we're back to having to figure out who's gonna be our #1.  

I was hoping he'd be that stud you could target 8-10 times in a game.  Judging by how Kirk kept targeting him in the Philly game, they thought that too.  He got targeted 11 times in that game, 13 times in the following 3 games combined. 

From an intangibles standpoint... Josh has all the tools to be that guy. Will he ever be able to stay healthy enough to develop into his skill set, we shall see. It is often year 3 where a WR takes off... both #11 and #18 are "second year guys" at the position. I think they can both develop and will as the year goes along.

Really disappointed Crowder had been so invisible this year (and last quarter of last season). I thought he was going to catch 80-100 balls this season. Never thought he'd have more fumbles than scored four games in.

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Barry was awful, and Perry Fewell also sucked eggs... Tomsula, Gray and Manunsky are huge upgrades. But, the talent upgrades of Brown, Allen, DJ were also pretty important too. I think even Barry could have had this D top 1/2 of league. That said, the tackling has been 5000x better from a year ago, and itnis much clearer "what they are trying to do" when on D.

CAN THIS MERGE w ABOVE MODS? USE TO DO AUTOMATICALLY, NO? Thx.

1 hour ago, TheCoach22 said:

I think even Barry could have had this D top 1/2 of league. 

I completely doubt that.  Maybe a little better.  But he had a tendency to try and play players out of position, didn't have a good scheme, the players didn't respect him, and communication was crap.  

I kinda think that he could have taken the '85 bears defense and made them average.  He is not a good DC.  Apparently he's a great position coach.  But when it comes to organizing a unit, he is not up to the task.  

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Technically he was the worst of DC of all time at the time we hired him.  He did nothing here to change the narrative.  He was obviously severely handicapped by talent in both stints but he also left much to be desired in scheme, communication, situational calls, etc. 

Might be the single worst decision that Jay has made, going from Haslett to Barry.  I might have actually preferred Haslett for another 2 years to Barry.  At least Haz had a few good games against Dallas.  Barry took a bad defense and made them worse.  

Barry was easily the worst D.C. we've had here in basically forever. At least Haslett had that nice stretch to end 2012 where the D was actually getting pressure and takeaways.

I think the big thing Manusky has done is just simplified the D. Under Barry guys were constantly confused and out of position. You don't really see that anymore.

41 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I think the big thing Manusky has done is just simplified the D. Under Barry guys were constantly confused and out of position. You don't really see that anymore.

I always get nervous discussing it because it's still early in the season and this organization has a habit of being inconsistent so anything can change but you are absolutely right. The guys just look like they know what to do and where to be. It's feels odd watching them.

8 hours ago, TheCoach22 said:

CAN THIS MERGE w ABOVE MODS? USE TO DO AUTOMATICALLY, NO? Thx.

There’s a time limit for consecutive posts merging. I believe it’s 5 minutes. Once outside of that time limit, it won’t merge. 

On 10/4/2017 at 5:32 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

We have a really good chance of being 6-4 after that stretch imo. 

I just said the exact same thing to myself. Hell we may even be 7-3 after that stretch depending on how well the team comes out against Seahawks on the road. If they can take KC to the brink in the loudest stadium against the best team in the league, than they should do well in the second loudest stadium against a more subpar team. Seattle's OL is a mess. But Skins have had trouble with mobile QBs this year (Wentz and Smith). They'll get pressure for sure on Seattle, but will they be able to keep him from escaping? Will be a challenge.

58 minutes ago, beachboy757 said:

One last thing I wanted to say before checking out what's going on with the 49ers is that the KS Chiefs fans seems really cool. Most that I encountered online did not talk trash and complimented the Skins on having a good team.

My older cousin is a chiefs fan, living in KC and all, and Monday morning I admit I was a bit too optimistic of our chances. So I messaged him on FB saying “i’m extremely sorry for the beatdown my redskins will put on your team tonight”. After the game he tagged me in a screenshot of the message and of course had his fun with it ??

Can I ask everyone a question?

Is anybody else still a little bit sick about the fact that we lost this game on Monday. It's Friday and I am still a little disturbed. 

I mean how on earth did we let this opportunity slip away. 

The one one good thing is if this team puts it all together and builds that consistency, this team could be very good.  

I have not not felt this confident in a long time (2005) about when the defense trots on the field. 

Gosh, I just want this team to win badly. 

Have a good day gentlemen and ladies. 

@sebastian Yeah i am still pissed.  Misery loves company. Such is life being emotionally invested in men playing a children's game. :ols:  And pissed not just because of my financial ambitions on the final play, where Kirk just watched my final demise unfold. At least Jordan Reed tried to hack the ball out. Anyways. 

We jumped out in front. Kelley then got hurt, and then Norman, 2 big components of our game plan, and then KC slowly put their foot on our necks.  Andy did his thing, Kelce got going, Hunt and Smith, injures mounted, penalties mounted, Jay rushed to call his timeout, but it was probably a testament to our team we were tied late. But that is not much consolation. Why sugar coat it, we lost on Monday night yet again, and won't do jumping Jacks at being 2-2 which is the gateway to another middling 500 season. It was our chance to make a statement and it was an opportunity lost.

I would be more optimistic if almost all our best players weren't injured in the past week. Trent Reed Kelley Norman Matt Allen Swear Foster Crowder Doctson Montae (who is grading very well thus far) just to name a few - there are more we probably don't know about. Most of those injuries aren't just going to go away, like presumed Trent's has.

Archived