Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

Tim Burchett (R-TN) on school shootings:

He hits a lot of the bull**** what resonates with the conservative and tugs at theys heart strings. "My grand pappy served in the WW2 and he'd say....." and "As a Christian ya know we talk a lot in the Church......" and my favorite "we're all Americans....." blah blah ****ing blah. 

Why even bother being a public servant if you're mindset is literally "I don't see any real role that we could do other than mess things up."? He's completely useless and has no business being a congressman.

44 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I’ve been traveling Europe the past couple of weeks. It’s been nice. I visited my cousin over here who has a boyfriend, about Middle aged or so.

She’s been trying to get him to visit the states. he has said no, it is too violent over there with all the guns. 

They both told me that the only thing you have to worry about in Germany, where they live, are pretty crimes. No one is worried about being shot and killed for some anonymous reason. You just have to watch your wallet in public. 

also, and this goes beyond this thread, but I’ve asked tons of locals about how they feel about their health care. Just one person said they weren’t happy with vision care and that takes up to a year to get an appointment (France).  

Everyone else has had nothing but praise

Yeah as soon as you go outside of your little bubble in the states, and ask people about the USA, you get outsiders opinions and they think it's a ****hole country here because of all the gun violence.  Other countries have travel advisories to fly to the USA just like we have the same thing flying to Mexico.  Sure some parts of Mexico are just fine and dandy, just like some parts of the USA (most) are safe.  But, the numbers don't lie and it's an inherent risk now with guns everywhere.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

Homeschooling doesn't guarantee anything. Kids are 3 times more likely to be shot at home than at school. IT"S THE ****ING GUNS!!!!

So what happens if he homeschools his kid, and his kid goes on a shooting spree at homeschool?

Too much?

Edited by GhostofSparta
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Yeah as soon as you go outside of your little bubble in the states, and ask people about the USA, you get outsiders opinions and they think it's a ****hole country here because of all the gun violence.  Other countries have travel advisories to fly to the USA just like we have the same thing flying to Mexico.  Sure some parts of Mexico are just fine and dandy, just like some parts of the USA (most) are safe.  But, the numbers don't lie and it's an inherent risk now with guns everywhere.

Just like Fox News needs a disclaimer, this post needs a disclaimer warning that it is lazy, stupid, and painting with the broadest brush in history.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Just like Fox News needs a disclaimer, this post needs a disclaimer warning that it is lazy, stupid, and painting with the broadest brush in history.

You have a talent for picking out posts to respond to that offer an opportunity to venture off the path of the issue at hand. Who gives a kentucky fried **** about the verbiage of travel advisory warnings. 

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

You have a talent for picking out posts to respond to that offer an opportunity to venture off the path of the issue at hand. Who gives a kentucky fried **** about the verbiage of travel advisory warnings. 

Well the majority of posts are of value to the conversation.  But occasionally a post comes along, such as the one I responded to, that is so ridiculous that I must call it out.  It is a small public service I continue to provide FREE OF CHARGE in my retired life.  Really though, no thanks are necessary. 

Oh and I was responding to more than just the Kentucky fried ****ing verbiage. 

53 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Maybe not the equivalent of say Mexico but a number of countries definitely have travel advisories in regards to coming here including Mexico. 🤷‍♂️

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/travel-warnings-other-countries-us-violence/index.html

The problem with this talking-point-turned-“common sense” is… well… you got other countries warning about our mass shooting problem (which I don’t refute that it is a problem and our inability to do anything about it is pathetic)

to….

being targeted for kidnapping, mugged/robbed, and definitely murdered, not all entirely because of but certainly significantly influenced by just being a tourist. 

but really what usually escalates those advisories is the lack of local police response, or even corrupt police that will participate in targeting you, draconian laws that are nothing like what we enjoy here, and complete lack of influence or help from the USA should something happen to you. 

none of which are concerns for other people visiting us. And those are the concerns that matter most. That should something happen, you can’t get real help. 

I find it laughable this talking point has gained so much traction (and it is a talking point, you can observe it being used more and more in this forum over the last few months) 

the only way I can reasonably think a person might conflate mass shootings in the USA with the travel advisories of other countries, is that the person never spent any real time reading and understanding travel advisories, and likely took their opinion from a tweet of a headline  😂 

38 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

Who gives a kentucky fried **** about the verbiage of travel advisory warnings

So your argument here is no one should care about the words used in a travel advisory?

sure. Why read anything. Words don’t matter 😂 

It's clear some of you are sheltered to the little USA bubbles you live in.  You should venture out of the country and talk to some people who live there to get some outside perspective of the USA.

And to be clear, I wasn't comparing targeted kidnappings and cartel violence to the mass shootings and gun violence we have in the USA.

I was just stating that other countries look at the USA as an unsafe country to travel to, just as the USA looks at Mexico as an unsafe country to travel to.  The USA is the brunt of jokes because of all the gun worshipping and violence that we have going on over here.

Edited by purbeast
  • Thumb up 2

3 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

And ironically violent crime in general is markedly down from the mid 1980s in the US.

Which is weird cuz a certain political party and even some posters commenting in this thread were saying violent crime was out of control and at record levels last fall. 🤭

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, purbeast said:

It's clear some of you are sheltered to the little USA bubbles you live in.  You should venture out of the country and talk to some people who live there to get some outside perspective of the USA.

Why should we when you’re here to tell us everything from your high horse?  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

Gun nuts gotta point the finger through the mirror…

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

they hate us cause they ain’t us 🤪🤪🤪

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, tshile said:

The problem with this talking-point-turned-“common sense” is… well… you got other countries warning about our mass shooting problem (which I don’t refute that it is a problem and our inability to do anything about it is pathetic)

to….

being targeted for kidnapping, mugged/robbed, and definitely murdered, not all entirely because of but certainly significantly influenced by just being a tourist. 

but really what usually escalates those advisories is the lack of local police response, or even corrupt police that will participate in targeting you, draconian laws that are nothing like what we enjoy here, and complete lack of influence or help from the USA should something happen to you. 

none of which are concerns for other people visiting us. And those are the concerns that matter most. That should something happen, you can’t get real help. 

I find it laughable this talking point has gained so much traction (and it is a talking point, you can observe it being used more and more in this forum over the last few months) 

the only way I can reasonably think a person might conflate mass shootings in the USA with the travel advisories of other countries, is that the person never spent any real time reading and understanding travel advisories, and likely took their opinion from a tweet of a headline  😂 

So your argument here is no one should care about the words used in a travel advisory?

sure. Why read anything. Words don’t matter 😂 

I apologize if the context of my post was too complex (it wasn’t) but what I meant is everyone is aware the U.S is safer than Mexico, but it’s not relevant to this discussion and it doesn’t make our strains less dire. You’re condescending to people expressing alarm over a THIRD elementary school shooting. That’s kids under 10 years old ripped to pieces by an AR15. 

Edited by Berggy9598

35 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

I apologize if the context of my post was too complex (it wasn’t) but what I meant is everyone is aware the U.S is safer than Mexico, but it’s not relevant to this discussion and it doesn’t make our strains less dire. You’re condescending to people expressing alarm over a THIRD elementary school shooting. That’s kids under 10 years old ripped to pieces by an AR15. 

I’m condescending to silly arguments. 

which everyone makes here and there. It’s nothing against them. Just a silly argument. 

i find it funny you complain about condescension right after doing it. Pick a side or you wind up just being a silly person 

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Me?

He seems to think he’s special for having gone outside the country or something