Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

5 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

As much as I shat on the Uvalde police, I commend the responders in Nashville. It appears that more children could have been killed.

I guess 3 children that are 9 years old and 3 adults are the acceptable price to pay until a good guy with a gun shows up to stop the threat.

If only there was something else that could be done...

(and I'm not saying you agree with my first statement either - I am talking about the gun nutters)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Every brown person, every gay person and every trans person should go out and buy a gun right now. We'll get gun control a lot sooner than you think.

They will pass legislation barring trans people from buying guns citing it as a mental illness before they control guns in general. 

10 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

They will pass legislation barring trans people from buying guns citing it as a mental illness before they control guns in general. 

I hope they do it. We can either take it to the courts (yeech!) or use that same law to **** on the lawmakers (e.g. California with their gun laws).

6 minutes ago, Llevron said:

He aint lying. They are not going to fix it. He doesn't even sounds like he cares, honestly. 

There have been 16 mass shootings in the past week.  Sixteen. Only one was even news.  Most people have pretty much accepted that mass shootings are only worth caring about if it’s kids or a double digit body count (or MAYBE a hate crime).  This guy is only one step further than everyone else. 

Edit:  Actually, upon closer review, 5 of the 16 mass shootings in the past week (including TN) had juvenile victims, so I guess kids getting shot isn’t even newsworthy In most cases. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz

14 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

There have been 16 mass shootings in the past week.  Sixteen. Only one was even news.  Most people have pretty much accepted that mass shootings are only worth caring about if it’s kids or a double digit body count (or MAYBE a hate crime).  This guy is only one step further than everyone else. 

Edit:  Actually, upon closer review, 5 of the 16 mass shootings in the past week (including TN) had juvenile victims, so I guess kids getting shot isn’t even newsworthy In most cases. 

I don't know if its apathy or escapism but I'm guilty of one of these things. Honestly I'm not sure what, if I felt any at this point, more my own personal outrage would do. What worries me is what I will do when my baby is school age. I cant keep her in the house forever. I don't even feel like type the rest of my point. ****s making my head fuzzy 

• Like 1

Why don't we vote on a Constituitional Amendment to an individial right to firearms? Or at the very least semi-automatic firearms.  

Seems like the "no-gun" side should already be pushing this. 

"We're not gonna do anything... criminals will be criminals" is such a BS thing to tell the 7 families of the victims. Yes, the shooter is also a victim if we don't care about restricting guns.  

Somehow other countries ban guns and still maintain armies of defense to defend themselves.

This vote was 6 months ago btw. 

2 hours ago, Simmsy said:

Every brown person, every gay person and every trans person should go out and buy a gun right now. We'll get gun control a lot sooner than you think.

I love this skit. 😆

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Why don't we vote on a Constituitional Amendment to an individial right to firearms? Or at the very least semi-automatic firearms.  

1). First, it would take a 2/3 vote, of both houses of Congress. We can't even get a majority vote, to close "the gun show loophole":  a proposal that's supported by, I believe, 92% of Americans, and 80% of NRA members.

2). Then it has to be ratified by 38 states. Donald Trump carried 25 states in 2020. We can't even get 38 states to ratify a constitutional amendment that states that the US government can't discriminate against women. 

3). And if you think "they're comin' fer yer guns!" Is a meme right now?  Just attempt to pass such an amendment. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

30 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Seems like the "no-gun" side should already be pushing this. 

"We're not gonna do anything... criminals will be criminals" is such a BS thing to tell the 7 families of the victims. Yes, the shooter is also a victim if we don't care about restricting guns.  

Somehow other countries ban guns and still maintain armies of defense to defend themselves.

Because amending the Constitution requires a 2/3 majority in both houses of Congress AND 3/4 of the states, and so any proposed amendment would go nowhere because 1/3 of Congress and the Senate represent states where the pro-gun position is dominant. 

The FAR more likely scenario is maybe in 30 years the SCOTUS won't have a far-right conservative majority and Heller is overturned.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Who cares what is likely to pass.  What is likely to piss off the other side.  We need to have open debates and discussions. 

Do people really think foreign enemies or a foreign country will kill them more than a domestic enemy?  Or do we need to be armed to partake in some "revolution"?  Those ideas are dumb.

4 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Who cares what is likely to pass.  What is likely to piss off the other side.  We need to have open debates and discussions. 

Do people really think foreign enemies or a foreign country will kill them more than a domestic enemy?  Or do we need to be armed to partake in some "revolution"?  Those ideas are dumb.

Another mass shooting, another proposal that even the poster knows has zero chance of happening. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fergasun said:

Do people really think foreign enemies or a foreign country will kill them more than a domestic enemy?   

Yes.  Every old GOP Boomer out there still worries about a 9/11 and doesn't flinch when something like yesterday occurs.   

I hate hearing old GOP Boomer relatives talk about things like Islamic terrorism and things like MS13, which is the biggest boogeyman of them all.  If you're not gangbanging, MS13 doesn't give a **** about you.  And yet, they're still more fearful of that than a white person with a gun and a manifesto.

People don't want to change who they are or what they believe, largely.  They want everyone else to change or adopt their views because that's easier.  Takes some courage and introspection to admit you might have been wrong about something, that you might have been part of the problem and come around to a different point of view.  Much, much easier to dig your heels in and double down on your views no matter what.  And in this particular case, there's a lot of people out there who are willing to stick their head in the sand and double down.

2 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Sigh.

**** this ****ing guy.  He doesn't give a ****, watch that first video with the eye roll and the shoulder shrug.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1