Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Can't believe the guy messed up his fingertips so he couldn't be identified.  I feel that people like this want to be known and want their misguided message to be heard.  

Reminds me of Kevin Spacey's character in "Se7en"...spooky. 

16 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Hey everyone remember when Trump said that the media is the enemy of the people....oh and remember that other time he said it.....and the other one too?

Not saying that was the motive for this shooting...I'm just reminiscing on the delight that is our President.

It’s his fault.

This wouldn’t have happened if Hillary Clinton were president.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, visionary said:

Had a lawyer once tell me something interesting about this kind of thing.  (This was decades ago, might not be correct now.)  

You know that thing about how the cops have 24 hours to charge you with something, or else they have to let you go?  

The clock doesn't start until you've been identified.  

Here is why I’m a fan of hard working journalists ... staff at the Capital Gazette, using resources of parent Baltimore Sun, has just published its online edition. Hats off to those men and women. 

5 minutes ago, Larry said:

Had a lawyer once tell me something interesting about this kind of thing.  (This was decades ago, might not be correct now.)  

You know that thing about how the cops have 24 hours to charge you with something, or else they have to let you go?  

Story from a week or so ago that police charged a notorious serial rapist just before the statute of limitations clock ran out. The charging papers identified him as John Doe, because they didn’t have him in custody and didn’t know his name, but had a definitive DNA sample. Pressed the charges so the statute of limitations didn’t run out. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Can't believe the guy messed up his fingertips so he couldn't be identified.  I feel that people like this want to be known and want their misguided message to be heard.  

That depends on what "People" you're referring to. We've been living in ignorance for awhile of a large number of dangerous fine people hiding in plain sight, who have plenty of reason to stay hidden/silent. 

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Larry said:

They can hold you just for not identifying yourself. 

1 minute ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Oh yes it would have. It's the GOP and FOXNews and INFOWARS, et all's fault. If Hillary had been president, it may have even gotten worse.

Inclined to agree. Hell, I was bracing myself for impact on Election Day regardless of the result because I knew, living in "Trump Country," some of these folks would be itching for a fight if their boy lost and one of the easiest targets would be a person with a press badge. 

The cat was out of the bag after he got the nomination, just like when Goldwater won the GOP nomination in '64. It was all already in motion.