Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

I'm with you Taze. I had to give my daughter a gun education talk when I bought my first gun and she was in 5th grade. I asked if she wanted to learn more about it, thinking Eddie Eagle class. She said no she didn't. Then there was an incident about a kid finding a gun at another kid's house and firing it. I told her if that happened to immediately leave and tell an adult or call the police.

I fear for my granddaughter. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

That's why I am all for stricter gun laws and raising the age limits and getting rid of the gifting of rifles/shotguns to anyone under 21 years of age.  And start holding people responsible for not properly securing their firearms (locked up) where kids/others can access them.  As a father of a 10 year old, this **** worries me a lot.  I cannot imagine what the parents/families of the victims are going through in losing their child.

As a gun enthusiast myself, I couldn't agree with you more. 

It boggles my mind how some on the far right feel like making some common-sense concessions is the god damn liberals coming after their guns. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I'm with you Taze. I had to give my daughter a gun education talk when I bought my first gun and she was in 5th grade. I asked if she wanted to learn more about it, thinking Eddie Eagle class. She said no she didn't. Then there was an incident about a kid finding a gun at another kid's house and firing it. I told her if that happened to immediately leave and tell an adult or call the police.

I fear for my granddaughter. 

My daughter expressed interest in learning to shoot.  I think she needs to be a little older, given her current maturity level.  But we eventually are going to have her trained properly by a professional trainer that was recommended by the local range.  He is one of the instructors (the best we were told) that does concealed carry classes there at the range.  

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

What is the criteria to call something a mass shooting?

Mass shooting = 4 or more shot.

Fatal = at least 1 dead.

So there have been 20 instances where 4+ people were shot and at least one dead.  The total is 110 killed or wounded.  

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Sad 1