Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

18 minutes ago, visionary said:

I thought it was pretty well established as a fact....

8 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Well, since ICE let the building contract, what would you say?

I have heard (and note I am not saying I buy into any of this crap) all kinds of FEMA camp related conspiracy theories.  Below talks about different variations of them.  Some people think Obama was going to use them to round up all the non-muslims for extermination (since he was a Muslim of course).  Others were that groups were going to be rounded (poor/black/whatever) up and used for labor.  There is all kinda crazy theories out there.  If you can imagine it, there is some idiot believing in that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FEMA_camps_conspiracy_theory

Just now, TheGreatBuzz said:

I have heard (and note I am not saying I buy into any of this crap) all kinds of FEMA camp related conspiracy theories.  Below talks about different variations of them.  Some people think Obama was going to use them to round up all the non-muslims for extermination (since he was a Muslim of course).  Others were that groups were going to be rounded (poor/black/whatever) up and used for labor.  There is all kinda crazy theories out there.  If you can imagine it, there is some idiot believing in that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FEMA_camps_conspiracy_theory

Ah, ok.  I see what you mean.

13 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Active shooter this morning at a Santa Fe, Texas, High School.  Male suspect reportedly walked into a classroom firing a shotgun.  School is on lockdown.  No reports yet of deaths or injuries. 

Santa Fe is a town of about 13,000 between Houston and Galveston.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/18/us/texas-school-shooting/index.html

Reading from local news that multiple students being reported taken out on stretchers.

LifeFlight helicopters have taken one student. Two more are on standby at this school.

The price we pay for the gun boners of ammosexuals.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Active shooter this morning at a Santa Fe, Texas, High School.  Male suspect reportedly walked into a classroom firing a shotgun.  School is on lockdown.  No reports yet of deaths or injuries. 

Santa Fe is a town of about 13,000 between Houston and Galveston.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/18/us/texas-school-shooting/index.html

I’m at the point now in America where Im just glad it was a shotgun.  That’ll help keep casualties down versus the use of the various tactical weapons available.

• Thanks 1

While I support 2nd amendment rights and am a responsible gun owner, this **** is getting out of control.  At minimum, they should raise the age to purchase all firearms to 21 and require a purchase permit like they do for handguns (in most states).  Along with it being illegal to gift any firearm to a minor or anyone under age 21.  

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I’m at the point now in America where Im just glad it was a shotgun.  That’ll help keep casualties down versus the use of the various tactical weapons available.

Yes, it should be less casualties based off how both weapons function.  But a shotgun at close range can do a ton of damage (not implying that you don't know that).  Even if it's a standard pump action that only holds four shells.  You got say 25-30 people crammed tightly in one room, with one exit and a shooter in between you and your only path out.

That's why I am all for stricter gun laws and raising the age limits and getting rid of the gifting of rifles/shotguns to anyone under 21 years of age.  And start holding people responsible for not properly securing their firearms (locked up) where kids/others can access them.  As a father of a 10 year old, this **** worries me a lot.  I cannot imagine what the parents/families of the victims are going through in losing their child.

• Like 4