Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

On 3/2/2018 at 7:55 PM, Larry said:

Do you have any direct cases of a mass shooting being stopped, in progress, by an armed school teacher who was legally carrying a weapon in a public school.without any involvement by law enforcement or security personnell?  

I think the apples to apples comparison is to other societies... where teachers are not armed AND it is harder for potential shooters to arm themselves as well. 

you know... comparing our country to every other developed country (other than Switzerland and perhaps Israel?)   

how many mass school shootings were there in ALL of the following countries combined in the last 10 years 

Australia
Austria
Belgium
Canada    
Chile    
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France    
Germany
Greece    
Hungary    
Iceland    
Ireland    
Italy    
Japan    
Luxembourg    
Netherlands    
New Zealand    
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Slovakia
Slovenia
South Korea
Spain    
Sweden    
United Kingdom 

versus, how many mass school shootings where there in the USA over the last 10 years?

3 hours ago, mcsluggo said:

I think the apples to apples comparison is to other societies... where teachers are not armed AND it is harder for potential shooters to arm themselves as well. 

you know... comparing our country to every other developed country (other than Switzerland and perhaps Israel?)   

how many mass school shootings were there in ALL of the following countries combined in the last 10 years 

versus, how many mass school shootings where there in the USA over the last 10 years?

If you mean on a per capita basis several of those have more I believe, but I may be confusing it with mass shootings in general.

We do certainly have a problem Identifying and isolating problem children it seems.

12 hours ago, twa said:

They should forbid students carrying guns.

Why? It’s obvious that the teachers and SRO’s can’t be trusted, it’s time to arm the students!

Who better to defend themselves than the youth who’s minds are turned into killing machines by the dastardly video games and rock and roll music?!

She seems nice............

"We've been told that we need to listen to the children and do what the children ask. Are there any children on this floor? Are there any children making laws? Do we allow the children to tell us that we should pass a law that says no homework? Or you finish high school at the age of 12 just because they want it so?" Porter said on Tuesday. 

"No. The adults make the laws because we have the age, we have the wisdom and we have the experience," she continued.

One of the student advocates who survived the Florida school shooting last month, Emma Gonzalez, responded that she and her fellow advocates weren't pushing for new gun reform legislation "just because we feel like it." 

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/377402-fla-lawmaker-pushes-back-on-students-demand-for-gun-laws-you-dont-have

19 hours ago, visionary said:

Love to know more about this.  (That way, we'll all know which talking points to recite.)  

All I'm seeing is:  

17 year old girl dead.

17 year old boy injured.  

School and police say it's being considered an accidental shooting.  (Of two people?)