Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

21 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

The gun control debate is so utterly bizarre. It’s amazing the amount of energy and resources being expended to ensure that we do nothing about an obvious problem.

What do you mean?

The NRA and the Right are doing everything they can to make sure that unstable white folks have unrestricted access to firearms regardless of mental condition. In their opinion that'll solve the problem.

There is certainly now a prejudice that I have towards people who look like they’ll shoot up the place.  I encounter them all the time.  At work, at the gym, at the grocery store.  They just look “off”.  Always white, always looking like they’re missing half a chromosome.  At the gym I’ve become more aware of it.  White dude walks in in jeans, tennis shoes, Sun glasses, hat, 80’s metal band tee shirt, probably long or disheveled hair.  They work out for about 10 minutes and leave.  I half expect them to walk back in with an AR.

There are people we all know, all encounter.  It’s like gaydar for mass murderers. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

Again - we been knew who these people where. There is an obvious profile rather you care to admit it or not. 

But yea we gotta stop Maxine Waters cause shes a meanie head or some ****. 

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

You think I'm drunk cause I said meanie head?

No. Just more grammatical errors than normal.  No offense meant. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Passepartout said:

Really it seems that people like Maxine Waters is such a nutcase. And really could think of other words. But will leave it at that. Sparing you all the you know four letter words.

Cause she said these silly whities need to work on their aim if they’re gonna shoot her?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Passepartout said:

Really it seems that people like Maxine Waters is such a nutcase. And really could think of other words. But will leave it at that. Sparing you all the you know four letter words.

She's a bright woman who has dedicated her life to public service. Sorry you don't see her that way...why?

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:
Not a shooting but damn what's wrong with people.

Queue the “lets ban knives” right wingers who want nothing to be done about guns.

Also, it appears that the attacker was a person of color so this is obviously a terrorist attack...

****Note:  This post is not meant to say we don't need more gun control measures because people will use something else.  Nor is this post to discuss gun control.  There is a different thread for that.

It is apparent that people who wish to harm groups of people will do so.  With a gun, a knife, a truck or some other means.  Obviously regulating every type of "tool" that could be used is impossible.  My question is what is causing this change in society where more people are wanting to do this type of thing?  Is it really that new (last 20 years or so) or is it just covered more due to the ease of mass communication?  What can be done to address this?  I know people will say addressing mental health but without specifics, I don't think that is a real answer.  Gun control alone won't fix this issue.  What else is there?

21 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

She's a bright woman who has dedicated her life to public service. Sorry you don't see her that way...why?

Public service?!?! If you mean being a politician to better herself, you are correct. She by no means serves the people she represents in her district in places such as Inglewood. 

19 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Gun control alone won't fix this issue.  What else is there?

Identifying and intervention.....but that is messy,costly and subject to error and overreach.

or increasing self defense capabilities...see of above for complications

33 minutes ago, EBoz said:

Public service?!?! If you mean being a politician to better herself, you are correct. She by no means serves the people she represents in her district in places such as Inglewood. 

This is an interesting post.  Care to go into detail about what’s happening in Inglewood?

4 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

This is an interesting post.  Care to go into detail about what’s happening in Inglewood?

Living in California I have had the bad luck of actually being there. Poverty everywhere, gangs, you name it. Meanwhile Maxine sits in her 5 million dollar home outside the district she represents. 

There are some very real, very legitimate criticisms of Maxine Waters. They are also very old. The recent fervor is quite bizarre.

GOP got lucky this time. Person in the temporary spotlight actually does have legitimate scandals in their past. They don’t have to make **** up. They still will. They just don’t have to.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff

6 minutes ago, EBoz said:

Living in California I have had the bad luck of actually being there. Poverty everywhere, gangs, you name it. Meanwhile Maxine sits in her 5 million dollar home outside the district she represents. 

Folksy personal anecdote!

Also, are “5 million dollar” homes really that big a deal in So Cal?

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Folksy personal anecdote!

Also, are “5 million dollar” homes really that big a deal in So Cal?

True but not many in the areas, you know, she supposedly represents. 

8 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Wow.  A rich politician who acts like they represent the common man.  That sucks.

g_wV9qMN_400x400.jpg

Big difference. Trump is not a career politician. Also, your definition of the “common man” and mine are completely different. 

16 minutes ago, EBoz said:

Big difference. Trump is not a career politician. Also, your definition of the “common man” and mine are completely different. 

Edit: With all due respect...

**** you.

Edited by Dan T.
  • Haha 1