Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

3 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

Sorry man, it wasn't my intention to say you were one of those types. I should have clarified that a little more and I definitely get what you mean about coming home and not wanting to hear the yell-fests and scare-tactics they use to hook an audience.

No worries

2 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

You and I are interested on conversation the other side isn’t, make no mistake...they...aren’t interested in conversation.

You guys keep waiting to catch Trump with a smoking gun in his hand...I’m sure Chamberlain would be proud of that approach. Everyone keeps talking about the dog whistles but when the wolves actually show up ya’ll can’t figure out why.

We’ve already seem from thus guy’s tweets that he felt maligned like Trump, but you keep reserving judgment until you see the tweet or note that says, “I did this for Trump.” Well guess what, the world doesn’t work that way.

Never said the world worked that way, but I haven't seen anything to suggest that this guy is in any way shape or form a Trump supporter.  I wasn't looking for a tweet that said "I love Trump, gonna shoot up a newspaper office now!"  

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Never said the world worked that way, but I haven't seen anything to suggest that this guy is in any way shape or form a Trump supporter.  I wasn't looking for a tweet that said "I love Trump, gonna shoot up a newspaper office now!"  

Oh, I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that I said he was a Trump supporter.

I wasn't aware that one had to be a Trump supporter in order to be influenced by the growing violent and hateful rhetoric being spewed from the highest office in the land. ESPECIALLY when one already has a festering grudge against the same exact people. But, if you're going to tell me that this guy didn't sympathize with Trump well then I suggest you look back through this thread because (I think it was posted here) where the guy tweeted an article by the Gazette about Trump and the guy was pointing out that they were slandering him too.

4 hours ago, Larry said:

I don't think I've seen anybody claiming that this guy killed those people solely because of Trump.  

But I absolutely agree that I don't see anything that suggests that Trump was the primary reason.  

There's a lot of people linking it as a major influence, even if they're just implying it.

But here's the thing, I don't care what they think and Trump and his ilk are such pieces of garbage I don't even care to argue with them about it, it's just my opinion that based one what I'm seeing the Trump et al anti-media stuff probably had nothing (as in: not a thing) to do with it and the years-old feud between him and this specific paper about a story written about his pleading guilty to stalking probably has everything to do with it.

But it's just a guess and I'm open to being completely wrong.

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, tshile said:

There's a lot of people linking it as a major influence, even if they're just implying it.

But here's the thing, I don't care what they think and Trump and his ilk are such pieces of garbage I don't even care to argue with them about it, it's just my opinion that based one what I'm seeing the Trump et al anti-media stuff probably had nothing (as in: not a thing) to do with it and the years-old feud between him and this specific paper about a story written about his pleading guilty to stalking probably has everything to do with it.

But it's just a guess and I'm open to being completely wrong.

I guess you look at a pile of firewood with kindling and never associate the match with the flames.

The slur that what's her face used for Ivanka should have gone to Dana Loesch. She is absolutely, without a doubt, one of the most disgusting, sorry, pieces of human garbage ever to be squeezed out of a vagina. She is, therefore, the PERFECT spokesperson for the NRA. I actually HATE her.

"Oh, I'm free to threaten violence, spread fear, & incite hate til my ass turns blue but when someone refuses to have their picture taken with ****nugget Paul Ryan, I'm going to feign moral outrage."

**** you, you stupid ****!

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

The slur that what's her face used for Ivanka should have gone to Dana Loesch. She is absolutely, without a doubt, one of the most disgusting, sorry, pieces of human garbage ever to be squeezed out of a vagina. She is, therefore, the PERFECT spokesperson for the NRA. I actually HATE her.

"Oh, I'm free to threaten violence, spread fear, & incite hate til my ass turns blue but when someone refuses to have their picture taken with ****nugget Paul Ryan, I'm going to feign moral outrage."

**** you, you stupid ****!

Nope, not her fault. The shooter didn't have a tweet linking himself to her or the NRA.

52 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Oh, I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that I said he was a Trump supporter.

I wasn't aware that one had to be a Trump supporter in order to be influenced by the growing violent and hateful rhetoric being spewed from the highest office in the land. ESPECIALLY when one already has a festering grudge against the same exact people. But, if you're going to tell me that this guy didn't sympathize with Trump well then I suggest you look back through this thread because (I think it was posted here) where the guy tweeted an article by the Gazette about Trump and the guy was pointing out that they were slandering him too.

Did I say you said he was a Trump supporter?  

My whole point is I'd like to figure out EXACTLY how much this guy could have been influenced by the violent and hateful rhetoric being spewed from the highest office in the land.  I'm certainly open to the idea that he could have been.  There also seems to be a lot of substance out there that this guy was just a wacko and had his own agenda.  As I've pointed out before in this very thread, twice, this guy had his appeal rejected recently.  Is it NOT possible that shooting up the place was a last ditch effort to get even with them since he couldn't do it in court?  One more time, here it is:

You seem to think that it's a no doubt slam dunk that he was influenced by the violent and hateful rhetoric being spewed from the highest office in the land.  And now someone doesn't have to be a Trump supporter to be influenced to do something like this.  I'd like to know how you think this works.  Do you think he watched a lot of MSNBC or CNN when they discuss Trump going off on the media and figured this could be a way to settle a grudge that he had with this paper?  That he'd NEVER thought of doing this before Trump ran for office?  As I said, I'm open to it, but I like my argument better.

Starting to look for tweets about Trump, pro Trump tweets or postings on facebook would be a logical start to see if this guy was a rightwing freak with an anti media (not just the Gazette) agenda.  Since you're the one who brought up an article that this guy tweeted from the Gazette about Trump, I guess the onus is on me to go do the legwork to find it. :rolleyes:  As I said before, if you're a lawyer and you're trying to build a case that this guy was directly influenced by violent and hateful rhetoric being spewed from the highest office in the land, this is really flimsy.    

Edited by Spaceman Spiff

Just now, AsburySkinsFan said:

Really, like when you vote?

I require someone not be a ****ty person/candidate/leader to vote for them.

It's a low bar, yet people seem to find trouble finding people to represent their party in elections that can get over it.

4 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I am at a loss at what this state Rep was trying to actually convey.

This is going to get worse before it gets better.

The number of people interested in making it better is few, the number willing to make it worse to fight for their team is many.

Capital Gazette staff were shown a photo of Jarrod W. Ramos years ago, and warned that if they ever saw him to call 911, a former editor and publisher said.

Police say they investigated in 2013 after Mr. Ramos allegedly made concerning comments online regarding the newspaper company. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/suspect-in-capital-gazette-shooting-charged-with-five-counts-of-murder-1530272334

dude had quite the history with this place 

So here’s my takeaway from this one:

This guy shouldn’t have been able to possess a gun.  This guy, who had merely a misdemeanor charge, and was otherwise an upstanding citizen shouldn’t have been able to possess.  Of course, this is America where we give a gun to anyone who wants one, so the killings will continue.

We will never know how much Trump, Milo and their other despicable cohorts had to do with this guy’s decision.  Doesn’t matter to me, they’re still the root cause.  Trump could end it but he’s too busy sowing discord amongst the people.

Again, nothing changes.  Just the way that republicans want.  The party of mass murder.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Clarkson sees this tying back to Peroutka’s old allies at the League of the South. “Ramos came to see himself as some kind of vigilante for righteousness, casting himself for example as a 'crusader' and gunning down innocent people in a newsroom," Clarkson said, which "is not unlike the militaristic, millennial vision of Michael Hill, president of the League of the South.” Clarkson said. “Last year [Hill] rallied what he calls the Southern Defense Force, which he envisions as not just a modern Confederate army but the ‘Army of the True Living God.’ This is the group that played a prominent role in the Unite the Right march on Charlottesville.” 

...there it is.

Dude is a red pill, conspiracy theorist, right wing nut job.

This will only continue.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Springfield said:

...there it is.

Dude is a red pill, conspiracy theorist, right wing nut job.

This will only continue.

Can't say I'm surprised. Far right nutters have always been a problem, but Trumps rhetoric is only emboldening them and flushing those roaches out into the daylight. 

• Like 2