Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

56 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

And it's barely even discussed.  I flipped through a few news channels.  It MIGHT be on the bottom ticker.  That's it.

I didn't believe it because I didn't see it on the Post yet, but its on CNN now.  I have no idea if the motive has come out yet, but if that ****er went in there like it was a soft target, that's a new low, no other way around it.

• Sad 2

https://abc7chicago.com/mercy-hospital-chicago-shooting-2-dead-including-gunman/4720765/

Sources told the ABC7 I-Team one of the women, who was shot in the parking lot, was a doctor at Mercy Hospital reporting to work, and was shot by her former fiance. The sources said she was the first to be shot, and that the gunman then moved into the hospital and continued shooting.

Chicago police said an officer was shot and also taken to University of Chicago Hospital for treatment..

Gray said he saw a man and a woman who looked like they were walking towards the parking lot.

"The gentleman turned around and shot three times in the chest," Gray said. "Once she fell to the ground, he turned around and shot her three more times."

Gray described the shooting as surreal, "like a movie scene." He said the shooter and the woman had been speaking before the shooting, but he didn't know if they knew each other.

"They were walking and talking and he just turned around and started shooting. It wasn't a heated exchange. It was just like we're talking now," he said.

Workers from the hospital's pharmacy, which is just inside the lobby, said the shooter was arguing with people and attempting to get into the pharmacy. They said they followed the hospital's active shooter training, closed their shutters, locked the door and hid

• Sad 1

Meh, it was Chicago...so it doesn’t count we all know that gun laws don’t work and this is just more evidence because Chicago has some of the toughest gun laws in the country and yet it has such a high murder rate. It justcrequires that you ignore the fact that Chicago doesn’t exist on an isolated island, and that Indiana doesn’t have some of the most lax gun laws in the country.

13 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

The country and the world are in a race to the bottom.  There will be many more new lows.

But you say that like it's a bad thing, we are going to see a Darwinian thinning-of-the-herd in the years ahead and the survivors will get to adapt or die. It's how the system works.

On an individual, personal level, the last great ice age was harsh. In a wider, big picture, future of the species way, that population bottleneck catapulted us forward.

It's that time again.

• Sad 1

Or just towards something - some group of people for whatever reason

some have been race, others some weird sexual orientation thing (wasn’t the Florida club dude gay but hid it from his dad and shot up a gay club?), and a bunch seem to have problems with women

Edited by tshile

8 hours ago, LD0506 said:

But you say that like it's a bad thing, we are going to see a Darwinian thinning-of-the-herd in the years ahead and the survivors will get to adapt or die. It's how the system works.

On an individual, personal level, the last great ice age was harsh. In a wider, big picture, future of the species way, that population bottleneck catapulted us forward.

It's that time again.

This is ridiculous, that was the climate killing us, not us killing each other.  No good will come from mass murder all the sudden being normal again with our species, this thinning the herd nonsense disgusts me like anyone who thinks that's fine will be exempt.

7 hours ago, Kilmer17 said:

T&P.  

Not directed at you, but that might as well be toilet paper at this point.  If i never hear that phrase the rest of my life, ill be a happy man

Edited by Renegade7

8 hours ago, LD0506 said:

It's that time again.

Mass shooters are evolutionarily superior. Right... right....

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

This is ridiculous, that was the climate killing us, not us killing each other.  No good will come from mass murder all the sudden being normal again with our species, this thinning the herd nonsense disgusts me like anyone who thinks that's fine will be exempt.

Not directed at you, but that might as well be toilet paper at this point.  If i never hear that phrase the rest of my life, ill be a happy man

Honestly, it should be directed at my post.  

We have simply accepted this as normal.  T&P isnt how I feel, it's how I see the entire country now.  It's just "meh".  Yawn, etc.  Just another mass shooting.  And on we go, but in the back of our heads we are desperately praying it never happens to our own loved ones.  But we know it could. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

We have simply accepted this as normal.  T&P isnt how I feel, it's how I see the entire country now.  It's just "meh".  Yawn, etc.  Just another mass shooting.  And on we go, but in the back of our heads we are desperately praying it never happens to our own loved ones.  But we know it could. 

This is what ****s me up the most

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

You're a good dude, Kilmer

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Passepartout said:

Yeah just how many shootings will it take to really take action. As it is all talk. No action. How many other incidents will it be before action is taken to stop this?!

I don't think the number of incidents will matter.  It will take a large number of people being killed, including a number of high value targets (i.e., public figures) to make things change.

On 11/19/2018 at 5:03 PM, TheGreatBuzz said:

The country and the world are in a race to the bottom.  There will be many more new lows.

On the subject of this thread we are way out ahead. WAY out.

30 minutes ago, China said:

I don't think the number of incidents will matter.  It will take a large number of people being killed, including a number of high value targets (i.e., public figures) to make things change.

Over 11,000 people a year are illegally killed with firearms every year in the US.

If that’s not a large number what is?

7 minutes ago, MartinC said:

On the subject of this thread we are way out ahead. WAY out.

Over 11,000 people a year are illegally killed with firearms every year in the US.

If that’s not a large number what is?

But overall that number hasn't changed much except for the last couple of years, and the large numbers need to be within a single event.  And...they are plebes.  Name the well known people that have been killed.  Unfortunately, we are a culture that follows the paparazzi.  I think it will take some celebrity or high level politician deaths to spur some action

Edited by China

3 minutes ago, China said:

But overall that number hasn't changed much except for the last couple of years.  And...they are plebes.  Name the well known people that have been killed.  Unfortunately, we are a culture that follows the paparazzi.  I think it will take some celebrity or high level politician deaths to spur some action

Steve Scalise was shot and almost killed just last year. 

I don’t think it would matter who gets shot at this point. 

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

Steve Scalise was shot and almost killed just last year. 

I don’t think it would matter who gets shot at this point. 

But he wasn't killed, and he isn't that well known.  I hadn't even heard of him or his shooting until your post.  You may think I'm not well informed but know that most Americans are not as well educated or informed as I am.  It will require a mass shooting event in the halls of Congress to inspire change.

1 minute ago, China said:

But he wasn't killed, and he isn't that well known.  I hadn't even heard of him or his shooting until your post.  You may think I'm not well informed but know that most Americans are not as well educated or informed as I am.  It will require a mass shooting event in the halls of Congress to inspire change.

I doubt that would even move the needle. 

If twenty 6 and 7 year old kids being murdered in their classroom did not make people take action nothing is going to.

• Like 1