Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'm beginning to feel the same, though I still feel like it would ultimately do more harm than good 

The key difference between the shooter and a victim with a gun is mental preparation.

While you're processing your OODA Loop he's already killed you. He's been living and preparing for this moment for years, everyone in front of him is fodder. You on the other hand are in shock, denial, fear all while trying to assess scene and threats and decide how best to respond. The shooter is prepared to die, you're not.

This is why the odds are stacked so heavily against you. It's why even cops freeze.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'm beginning to feel the same, though I still feel like it would ultimately do more harm than good 

Train then. 

My church has armed officers and has for a while.

I do think this tragedy will fuel the fire between the Muslim world and the everyone else. 

1 hour ago, visionary said:

What the ****? There's no way that's real right? Shortened: "I don't condone violence but here's why Muslims have it coming." 

In my own personal dictatorship, comments like that would be considered incitement of murder, punishable every bit as harshly as the murder itself. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Riiiiiight...because the world responds so well to a bunch of Muslims with guns.

I feel you but I worry shutting the doors will just tell the deranged that the attacks worked and got the results wanted. I would rather harden the target (lets remember im against that when it comes to schools) than tell the people doing this that it worked. 

Thats my fear. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I feel you but I worry shutting the doors will just tell the deranged that the attacks worked and got the results wanted. I would rather harden the target (lets remember im against that when it comes to schools) than tell the people doing this that it worked. 

Thats my fear. 

Or they arm themselves and images of from  New Zealand show up with heavily armed Muslims in mosques.

The looney already will believe this is a false flag, that image will only solidify that belief. And then a year from now Faux News splashes the images while talking about militant Muslims amongst the "good people".

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

The senators comments are despicable.

There was a time when that would be enough...that time has passed.

White supremacists have been targeting minorities in their places of worship pretty much this entire decade in Western countries. 

Maybe at some point we will look inwards and recognize that we have a growing problem of radicalization amongst young white men. 

2 hours ago, grego said:

Good lord man. He couldn't have waited a few days, or weeks, before you go there? 49 freaking people are dead. Unreal. 

Are you implying that there is an appropriate time to victim blame in this situation? Maybe wait a few days before blaming those radical Muslims for bringing this upon themselves? 

12 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Are you implying that there is an appropriate time to victim blame in this situation? Maybe wait a few days before blaming those radical Muslims for bringing this upon themselves? 

that was sarcasm

12 hours ago, Destino said:

Video is a nightmare made real if the link I saw is legit.  

I hate saying this, but this needs to be on TV.

People need to see what gun violence actually is. 

59 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Extremist white men are the scourge of the Earth.

I'm white and I'm more afraid of middle aged white men then I am any other demographic.

And yet they have somehow convinced the world that black and brown people are the dangers. 

• Thanks 1

I like how the NZ officials have kept this guys name out of the press as best as they can.  If this happened in the States, by now we'd know his name, seen all his facebook photos, heard from tearful family members and scanned his tweets for signals about what he was gonna do.

2 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Wouldn't hurt to show people why the only options are fight or flight either.  You either run away or at the shooter, trying to look non threatening and hoping they go away is a death sentence.  It's unfair to say that to people, but watching him shoot people cowering makes it clear.

heart breaking and infuriating.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I absolutely understand your argument here and almost agree with it, however.. what is eye opening to most could be inspiration to others that are truly sick. While seeing the devastation firsthand could help influence some opinions, it could also directly lead to more of these tragedies in the near term. Risk isn't worth it imo.  

41 minutes ago, Destino said:

Wouldn't hurt to show people why the only options are fight or flight either.  You either run away or at the shooter, trying to look non threatening and hoping they go away is a death sentence.  It's unfair to say that to people, but watching him shoot people cowering makes it clear.

heart breaking and infuriating.  

Exactly. That "good guy with a gun" thing goes away when someone is spraying a semi-automatic at you and you don't have time to react.

19 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

I absolutely understand your argument here and almost agree with it, however.. what is eye opening to most could be inspiration to others that are truly sick. While seeing the devastation firsthand could help influence some opinions, it could also directly lead to more of these tragedies in the near term. Risk isn't worth it imo.  

I am not disagreeing with that at all, but I think those truly sick people didn't need help to do this. I am talking about the people who don't think this stuff is a big deal because they have no idea what its like. Seeing a body get sprayed into pieces and seeing the look of fear on peoples faces may change things for those in the middle.

Westerners don't understand the true horror of gun violence.