Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

12 hours ago, RansomthePasserby said:

Ok, I can get behind having Congress watch videos so they feel the gravity of the situation. I think it’s glorification enough that we release the shooter’s name and picture... I would personally rather they be erased from history. It seems the infamous noteriety, the idea that the killer’s name was heard and had an impact on society, is what appeals to some of these mass murderers.

Count me in favor of having as little as information as possible released about these people.  That's not realistic, unfortunately.  

23 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

That's tough, the less info we have on the shooter, the harder it is for general public to have informed opinion about why they might have done it.  If say we stop giving names and mugshots, feel the rest would make it too easy not to figure out who it was.

Yeah, it just seems like a horrible infamy loop.

The shooter wants attention and wants to be known —> the public gives attention and wants to know —> new shooter sees this, wants attention, and wants to be known —> the public gives attention... etc.

On 11/9/2018 at 10:01 PM, twa said:

I hear he was posting on social media during the shooting.

sick ****s

https://apple.news/Ans-k4Mc2RYyHw1lDAOPQ_A

Long, 28, first posted on Instagram at 11:24 p.m: "It's too bad I won't get to see all the illogical and pathetic reasons people will put in my mouth as to why I did it," the military veteran said in the post. "Fact is I had no reason to do it, and I just thought....(exploitive), life is boring so why not?" Long posted, according to ABC News and Buzzfeed.

Three minutes later Long posted, "I hope people call me insane (two smiley face emojiis) would that just be a big ball of irony? Yeah... I'm insane, but the only thing you people do after these shootings is 'hopes and prayers'...or 'keep you in my thoughts'."

He added, "Every time...and wonder why these keep happening... --(two smiley face emojis)."

Fact is, he WASN’T sick.  It wasn’t PTSD.  It was just a guy who was bored and had nothing better to do.  Frankly, this mass murderer makes more sense during a killing spree than most politicians do talking about the subject of mass murderers.

15 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

I'm not sure we can conclude based on that post that he was sane.

He clearly wasn't, even psychopaths think they're right.

1 hour ago, RansomthePasserby said:

Yeah, it just seems like a horrible infamy loop.

The shooter wants attention and wants to be known —> the public gives attention and wants to know —> new shooter sees this, wants attention, and wants to be known —> the public gives attention... etc.

It's tough, media is not navigating this correctly. At same time I'm in an ethics class right now, and a big thing with societies can't make moral decisions without having the proper information first, its basically not fair to ask them to do that.  I think some people don't want the facts and others are trying to hide them,but without making the facts and motives public, think this conversation goes from difficult to impossible.

No level of sanity allows you to kill people because you are bored.

Not saying that he was any more insane than the rest of the country though. He may be right that nothing will happen. Be insanity like his may just be more ingrained in this country than we want to admit. Just look at some of the **** we do to ourselves. 

• Like 2

Hey @twa let me see if I have it straight, “The only thing that stops a good guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun?????”

Maybe the NRA forgot to say that the only people who should be the good guys with gun are white males 20-40 years old with a history of mental conditions.

@NoCalMike

Edited by AsburySkinsFan

2 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Hey @twa let me see if I have it straight, “The only thing that stops a good guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun?????”

Maybe the NRA forgot to say that the only people who should be the good guys with gun are white males 20-40 years old with a history of mental conditions.

@NoCalMike

This guy below said what I was thinking as soon as I heard -- I'd love to hear an explanation from the NRA about this.

Witnesses on scene were calling Jemel Roberson a "hero," but the police showed up and shot him dead as soon as they arrived.  Is Dana Loesch going to make a public statement about this?

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

That sounds like a good summary of what happened, yes.  

Then it would clearly be unjustified and against training and protocol.

I would suggest if you have someone pinned and have been kneeling on their back you don't need your gun out though.(helpful hint)

1 minute ago, twa said:

I would suggest if you have someone pinned and have been kneeling on their back you don't need your gun out though.(helpful hint)

You know that the suspect he had pinned down had just shot at people inside the bar minutes earlier, right?

It's one thing to pin down a shooting suspect with all your might, but I think it might be a little easier to keep him there and he not resist if you have a gun poked into his back. 

Brother TWA, if YOU were Jemel Roberson, and you had just chased down somebody that just shot at patrons of a bar you work security for....would you just put a knee in his back to detain him?  Or would you hold a gun to his head/back?

1 minute ago, twa said:

So you're an expert in training and protocol?  I mean, if we're going that route I'd assume that having a guy on his chest with your gun in his back and instructing him not to move should be more closely examined by an officer arriving on the scene instead of just firing off shots.

I'm not even bringing the racial implications into this, although that's probably the easiest thing to do.  The NRA has long been supporting "a good guy with a gun will stop active shooter situations," and this is a situation that completely pisses all over that narrative.  Here's a good guy with a gun who lost his life for doing the right thing and being a hero, all because someone had an itchy trigger finger.  

18 minutes ago, Chew said:

Brother TWA, if YOU were Jemel Roberson, and you had just chased down somebody that just shot at patrons of a bar you work security for....would you just put a knee in his back to detain him?  Or would you hold a gun to his head/back?

I'd prefer to have my hands free.

27 minutes ago, twa said:

What the ****!?

I swear by all that’s holy you move the goalposts fir EVERYONE in order to maintain your mythology and to victim blame.

My god it is the ONLY play in your playbook.

2 minutes ago, twa said:

Oh please forgive the deceased for not taking your Texans’ Guide to Living Black in America Defense Program.

2 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

What the ****!?

I swear by all that’s holy you move the goalposts fir EVERYONE in order to maintain your mythology and to victim blame.

My god it is the ONLY play in your playbook.

the posts remain stable.

any action you take comes with risks(including inaction)

Do you think it is good to give trigger happy cops a excuse ?

5 minutes ago, twa said:

the posts remain stable.

any action you take comes with risks(including inaction)

Do you think it is good to give trigger happy cops a excuse ?

LoL!!!!

Just stop...you’re making more of a fool out of yourself, faster than usual.

The black security guard did his job, the cop shot him while everyone around was telling him that he was the security guard.

But please lets blame the victim MORE.

He is dead because he did his exact job. So now the guy who shot up the club lives, the good guy with a gun is dead because the cops showed up and killed him.

The NRA and all their members and supporters of “more guns make us safer” can shove those talking points up their ass. 

Edited by AsburySkinsFan

2 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

The NRA and all their members and supporters of “more guns make us safer” can shove those talking points up their ass. 

So you would remove the security guy's gun from him?

Would you remove the police's guns?

There is no safe when people want to kill.

28 minutes ago, twa said:

He had a pistol, not a B.A.R. I've never had a problem with manipulating things with one hand while holding my pistol steadily in my other. 

I can't believe (well I guess I can, unfortunately) we're at the point where a good guy with a gun who got shot by police after saving others from being shot is basically getting blamed for keeping his gun out after apprehending someone who just tried to shoot a bunch of people. 

Edited by mistertim
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, twa said:

So you would remove the security guy's gun from him?

Would you remove the police's guns?

There is no safe when people want to kill.

Especially when that person is a police officer.

YOU and the NRA are the ones screaming that more guns make us safer. These are the EXACT scenarios we warned against, and you guys all said we were naive.

Just own the net result of your cultish love affair with guns.

More guns equals more dead people.

More guns means less safety.

Just own it already.

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

He had a pistol, not a B.A.R. I've never had a problem with manipulating things with one hand while holding my pistol steadily in my other. 

No no, we’re in twa’s make believe world where every choice he makes ends in the desired and safest result that reinforces his dellusional worldview that more guns somehow REDUCES gun deaths, and makes us all safer.