Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

16 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Im just now really noticing that Trump isn't building walls to keep protesters out. Its a convenient excuse, but there is no way they actually think people will or even could storm the white house. Hes barricading himself in. Hes actually going to contest the election results and dare us to come in and get him. And I would bet the military/feds will find enough questionable legal ground to support him. 

If he refuses to come out, Biden sends in troops/tanks to remove him; so Biden can move in.

14 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

14 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Rufus T Firefly posted that article in the Atlantic about Demmings tenure.

I found the article I was talking about though.

Minneapolis unrest shakes up VP shortlist  

>>>

Law enforcement credentials once offered an appealing and protective sheen to a handful of the top prospects in contention to be Joe Biden’s potential running mate.

But three of those candidates — Sen. Kamala Harris, Rep. Val Demings and, most notably, Sen. Amy Klobuchar — now find their records under new scrutiny in a presidential race transformed in the wake of national outrage surrounding Monday‘s death of George Floyd under the knee of a white Minneapolis police officer....<<<

thanks for sharing. I went down this rabbit hole. Read the article this one linked. The weaknesses they point is are 1. She hasn't spoken out against this stuff since running in 2016. Complaints against Cops in her Dept, not her. 

Look, maybe she's not the pick. I don't see anything there that doesn't show that she was pushing her Cops to be ****ty people. No doubt Women and African-Americans in leadership positions in law enforcement have this issue all over with people who work under them. I could see a narrative where she would talk about that very topic. Being the boss, but her bosses not allowing what needed to happen to dirty cops because of the impact it would have to an entire dept (ex. Buffalo right now) and the need of a new generation of law enforcement that are better trained, better paid, and held more accountable for their actions. 

It lines up well for that.

But like you quoted,  "Harris, Demings, and Kolbuchar find their records under new scrutiny."

6 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I think that all of the establishment republicans are lining up for Joe B. I love it.

Only if your definition of "establishment Republicans" means "Republicans who will never again run for election, and therefore aren't terrified of Republican voters."  

1 hour ago, Larry said:

Only if your definition of "establishment Republicans" means "Republicans who will never again run for election, and therefore aren't terrified of Republican voters."  

Interesting point.

Need to see if Susan Collins turns on Trump to get re-elected, or McConnell has no choice to keep from losing the Senate.

Some rats are going to drown with the ship because they know they can't swim if they jump.

25 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Some rats are going to drown with the ship because they know they can't swim if they jump.

Assume a whole bunch of them really hope Trump loses, without them betting splashed.  

Then they will turn on him like a pack of hyenas.  (And start working on the narrative that they never supported him.)  

1 hour ago, GhostofSparta said:

Stock Market is still high. Too many people think that means the economy is good, especially if that's what they're told that's all "The Economy" is.

What's even worse is that when the market was going from 8000 to almost 20000 under Obama, Republicans said all that did was help the rich. Now all bunker boy's supporters crow about is how economy is great, "just look at the stock market."  And now not a single word about how the debt is skyrocketing ($20T to almost $26T) as is deficit spending ($665B to well over $1T) .   

Archived